David Klemmer responds to Eels poaching reports and salary cap dramas at the Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m predicting Klemmer to have a monster game this weekend.

He is on my not for sale list. And in all reality not many others on that list. So it’s dumb to let him go. He hasn’t had many injuries and is young. So his best years are ahead of him. Only down side is he has never been used the way he is supposed to. And playing 43 mins or what ever it is isn’t his game. He should be running over people. Not catching the ball flat and playing lock.

Anyways if we lose klemmer before mbye, lichaa, woods, Foran, Elliot, tolman will show how much of a joke the club is.

He is a player you can build around.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Klemmer isn’t vice captain though. Aiden Tolman is our vice captain and Klemmer is just acting as Tolman is out injured. We are supposedly shopping Tolman around so the club seems to be happy to shop our vice captain to other clubs
Yeah but that's Tolman.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The more I read about this the more I'm convinced this is player managers and the media trying to destabilise our season by getting in our players heads.

IF the situation was that bad surely our club would have already sat the players down and explained the situation.

Which clearly they have not.
Time for the club to show some leadership & address our 'cap issue' if any & put these rumours to bed otherwise it will destabilise the team this season

Last edited:

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha oh the eels. Where you go to ruin your career, it’s like running on a treadmill you just excercise it doesn’t take you anywhere

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Never say never, but Klemmer is the least likely of our players to be let go, for now.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol

“Could you leave the bulldogs ?”
“No way”
“But could you leave the bulldogs”
“Never”
“But could you ever leave the bulldogs”
“Look, footy is a business, but no way”

Headline;
KLEMMER COULD LEAVE THE BULLDOGS

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The club needs to get the players in and be honest with them. That's a couple of players now that have said they know nothing or the club hasn't mentioned it. Whatever direction the club needs to take then they need to do the right thing and talk to the players. No-one will perform under such clouds that affect their futures. For me Woods and if it has to go that way then Foran must be shown the door first before anyone like Klem, Mbye or JJ.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The club needs to get the players in and be honest with them. That's a couple of players now that have said they know nothing or the club hasn't mentioned it. Whatever direction the club needs to take then they need to do the right thing and talk to the players. No-one will perform under such clouds that affect their futures. For me Woods and if it has to go that way then Foran must be shown the door first before anyone like Klem, Mbye or JJ.
I’d say they would have been told about it but are playing dumb in the media as the club hasn’t made any public comment on it.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When are the Morris boys contracted to? I thought their contract ended at the end of this season. If that is the case the Morris twins leaving us makes no difference to our cap. From the information around at moment we have $800k to spend on 14 players for 2019. With minimum wage being $100k per player we need $1.4M free for next year alone just to be compliant. That is currently a $600k shortfall & remember if we shop a player we need another $100k on top of that. So we will purchase 14 plus $100k players (Ie. unknowns, juniors etc) for our roster next year. This means every top line player at our club whose contract is beyond the end of this year will pretty much be shopped around to reach this figure. That is how bad it is. I cannot for the life of me believe those village idiots bought Foran and Woods when they knew the enormity of the issues they have. It is beyond a joke really.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
When are the Morris boys contracted to? I thought their contract ended at the end of this season. If that is the case the Morris twins leaving us makes no difference to our cap. From the information around at moment we have $800k to spend on 14 players for 2019. With minimum wage being $100k per player we need $1.4M free for next year alone just to be compliant. That is currently a $600k shortfall & remember if we shop a player we need another $100k on top of that. So we will purchase 14 plus $100k players (Ie. unknowns, juniors etc) for our roster next year. This means every top line player at our club whose contract is beyond the end of this year will pretty much be shopped around to reach this figure. That is how bad it is. I cannot for the life of me believe those village idiots bought Foran and Woods when they knew the enormity of the issues they have. It is beyond a joke really.
This is spot on unless they want to sign a minimum amount contract they are gone.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I reckon we have $3.1m to spend between 14 players. 800k available + 1.5m from Morris Bros & 800k from Eastwood. That gives us approx $220k to spend per player. What about Graham & Kasiano contracts?

If we were to re-sign both Morris bros on 400k each, we would be left with $2.3m for 12 players which is around 191k per player?

Surely these backended contracts were calculated in lieu with the salary cap increase per year and not calculated with players coming off contract every year and using those funds?

Surely we dont have only 800k left which includes the salaries of Morris Bros & Eastwood? If so, Dib, Hasler and Castle should be forced to do the Games of Thrones walk of shame from Bankstown to Belmore

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon we have $3.1m to spend between 14 players. 800k available + 1.5m from Morris Bros & 800k from Eastwood. That gives us approx $220k to spend per player. What about Graham & Kasiano contracts?

If we were to re-sign both Morris bros on 400k each, we would be left with $2.3m for 12 players which is around 191k per player?

Surely these backended contracts were calculated in lieu with the salary cap increase per year and not calculated with players coming off contract every year and using those funds?

Surely we dont have only 800k left which includes the salaries of Morris Bros & Eastwood? If so, Dib, Hasler and Castle should be forced to do the Games of Thrones walk of shame from Bankstown to Belmore
All the money from the Morris’s, Eastwood, Graham and Kasiano is already used on other players in next years cap so we only have around $800k.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All the money from the Morris’s, Eastwood, Graham and Kasiano is already used on other players in next years cap so we only have around $800k.
So youre telling me, 1.5m for Moz Bros, 800k Eastwood, 500k Graham and 200k Kasiano which is a total of $3m has already been allocated for next year? If we have 13 players under backended contracts (surely fucken not) thats 230k per player?

If we are looking at our highest paid players
Mbye, Foran, Klemmer, Woods, Jackson, Hoppa thats 6 players and a average of 500k per player?

SURELY FUCKEN NOT

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
It could happen as he has said in the past Rugby League is a business and loyalty lays with the almighty dollar these days.
It is a business and it would be shit business to get rid of one of your best assets. One of the few people that can draw a crowd.
But in saying that not a lot of smart decisions have been made of late. (By the last board at least).

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So youre telling me, 1.5m for Moz Bros, 800k Eastwood, 500k Graham and 200k Kasiano which is a total of $3m has already been allocated for next year? If we have 13 players under backended contracts (surely fucken not) thats 230k per player?

If we are looking at our highest paid players
Mbye, Foran, Klemmer, Woods, Jackson, Hoppa thats 6 players and a average of 500k per player?

SURELY FUCKEN NOT
No one knows the exact figures but we are cooked. There's not many contracts that aren't backended by the sounds of it.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least he comes out and says he doesnt want to leave and he loves the club and supported them as a child.
Mbye on fox was questioned and went on about it being a business and so forth.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At least he comes out and says he doesnt want to leave and he loves the club and supported them as a child.
Mbye on fox was questioned and went on about it being a business and so forth.
Funny thing is ive heard almost all of the players at our club mention atleast once how they love playing in the Blue n White except Mbye.

Reminds me of Hasbeen who never referred to the dogs as "our" club rather "this" club

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
CANTERBURY front-rower David Klemmer doesn’t want to leave the club, but would consider all offers if he is forced out of the Bulldogs due to salary cap issues.
The Bulldogs’ salary cap for next season is in a perilous state meaning that a number of highly paid stars are rumoured to be on the outer.

The Morris twins and Moses Mbye are reportedly set to leave the club and Klemmer is the latest name to be tossed around and the man himself admits it is a distraction.

“I had a couple of mates message me,” Klemmer said of the Eels reports.

“I’m contracted here at the moment and I could never see myself leaving, I love the club.

“I was a supporter of the club as a kid and it would be hard to leave, but the club hasn’t contacted me yet.”

The salary cap dramas have placed a strain on the club and the conjecture on some player’s futures could be having a negative effect on players on and off the field.

“It’s frustrating to hear but I could never leave this club,” Klemmer said.

“It’s hard to see but I’ve just got to keep turning up here and I’m still contracted here.”

However Klemmer admitted that rugby league is a business and that players have to do what is right for themselves and their families.

“That’s the reality, it is a business and if you get the tap so be it, but it would be pretty hard to see myself leaving.”

Klemmer did leave the door open to wear another club’s colours if the situation changes, but remains hopeful he can stay at his boyhood club.

“I couldn’t see myself in a Parramatta jersey,” Klemmer said.

“But if I have to look after my family and my kids then that’s an option.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/1710901e08153918693bbb30e93efbe9
Who the hell is starting these rumours, even if they are true the bulldogs management should make sure its in house especially if the player knows nothing about it. Not a good way to build morale in a team that had no passion already.

Status
Not open for further replies.