David Klemmer - 2013 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
General discussion on match form, selection, injuries, contracts, and anything else here.

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taken off with an injury, u20's SOO

trytime

Waterboy
Reaction score
he looked good in the opening! always smashing the advantage line!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
yep ankle, no news update yet.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Just said Klemmer is fine and having a breather and will be back.

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oath, killed it, not ready for 1st grade yet though

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes i know that, but didn't really wow me, thats why i say not ready full time

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes i know that, but didn't really wow me, thats why i say not ready full time
He did bend the line and dominated more than tapau but his defence needs improvement that's all

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He did bend the line and dominated more than tapau but his defence needs improvement that's all
this, bends the line, hits hard, didn't get put on his ass, can offload.

the things i disliked with him in first grade, seemed to be rolled on his back to easy sometimes, went high in contact and missed tackles from it or offloads from it a bit to much. that said he is 19, he will learn the nrl diff.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
this, bends the line, hits hard, didn't get put on his ass, can offload.

the things i disliked with him in first grade, seemed to be rolled on his back to easy sometimes, went high in contact and missed tackles from it or offloads from it a bit to much. that said he is 19, he will learn the nrl diff.
He will come good this year during origin

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
I thought he went well in first grade. His natural game in the U20's appeared to be to hit the line, occupy about 3-4 players and then offload. That isn't the style Des prefers. He wants forwards to offload before the line. I think Klemmer found it hard to adapt. I've said it before: Des wants to keep the same strategy during this period of injury and suspension but he doesn't have the players to execute.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought he went well in first grade. His natural game in the U20's appeared to be to hit the line, occupy about 3-4 players and then offload. That isn't the style Des prefers. He wants forwards to offload before the line. I think Klemmer found it hard to adapt. I've said it before: Des wants to keep the same strategy during this period of injury and suspension but he doesn't have the players to execute.
Ennis, Pritchard, Klemmer and Jackson all offloaded after being tackled and all lead to line breaks or tries.

Eagle eye

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He's a good player. You guys did the right thing signing him to a long term deal.
Young, runs hard and will only get better. Front rowers generally play their best footy in their late 20's even early 30's. Look at Petero and Kitey.

jimmyjames

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good player. Will have a few starts then a rest a few times this year as he gets introduced to the big time. By this time next year he'll be putting in long minutes regularly.

N

Natboy

I wanted to talk about someone different than Ben Barba.
What are your opinions when Klemmer is fit. Who's spot will he take provided we are at full strength?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I wanted to talk about someone different than Ben Barba.
What are your opinions when Klemmer is fit. Who's spot will he take provided we are at full strength?
I am assuming Halatau will be gone at the end of this year so that will change the bench up a bit. Maybe he will come in to that spot, it's not like they really use Halatau anyway so another prop might be good.

N

Natboy

I am assuming Halatau will be gone at the end of this year so that will change the bench up a bit. Maybe he will come in to that spot, it's not like they really use Halatau anyway so another prop might be good.
Definitely, but this year? I think he is due back week after next (Titans game)

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't see him coming into the squad this year unless we see some injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.