News David Klemmer’s father speaks out on tragic family split

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty stupid response. What I am saying is that if the posters on here are real fans, they should offer more support than they do.
All they seem to do is knock anything that happens. When the club signed a few good young players, one person took it upon himself to bag the shit out of them.
What I am saying is support the team and what the admins are doing. They know a lot more than you.
All good but klemmer is still a pussy whipped bitch.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Klemmer will go crying back to his parents like a bitch once the huge money flow stops and he realises money is nothing compared to family. I hope they don't let you back into there home you coward bitch!

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As someone who also cut his father out of his life (approx 6 years ago and he died this year so that's that) I can sympathise with David. I don't know the real reasons behind it, but from this rambling, incoherent email we are able to get a glimpse of what a nutbag Helmut is (lol what kinda dumb name is that anyway?).

It just sucks that we have to cop the fallout of this family bullshit, Klemmer is a good player and has been a loyal bulldog and I will be sad if he goes.
We are not copping the fallout of family issues, we are copping the fallout of Klemmer chasing the bigger $$$ and using his family as an excuse

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just think its petty that helmut had to write a letter explaining anything at all, who honestly would get that worked up by any shit thats in the media, just keep living ur life ffs no need to write a letter.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all this drama about klemmer, I would like to know why are we losing all our best players, and I don't mean players who we developed but came good at other clubs, sure some like Barba are obviously screwed in the head. To me it just appears as though our best player at any particular time for some reason just turns against our club.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just think its petty that helmut had to write a letter explaining anything at all, who honestly would get that worked up by any shit thats in the media, just keep living ur life ffs no need to write a letter.
Your kidding right? Good on him

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With all this drama about klemmer, I would like to know why are we losing all our best players, and I don't mean players who we developed but came good at other clubs, sure some like Barba are obviously screwed in the head. To me it just appears as though our best player at any particular time for some reason just turns against our club.
Exactly right! SBW, Barba and now Klemmer among others.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s been long known he doesn’t speak with his parents and was semi raised by his best friends parents

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then why play the family card to get a release
Because it's the new go to excuse to get out of contracts , Peachey tried that card with titans to get Extort more money once made origin as did not have an origin clause in the contract he signed ... but good on them they stood strong

The club should either not let Klemmer go ( if plays shite send him to isp) or if deadset on letting him go, delay the crap out of it so Newcastle don't get full pre season with him and they get as much as possible compo.

The club hold the contract by law and NRL rules, they hold all the cards. It's not like anyone expecting the team to be a premiership threat and there is no one of value on the market for 2019 so they club can afford to be hard without affecting signings or premiership chances

Last edited:

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because it's the new go to excuse to get out of contracts , Peachey tried that card with titans to get Extort more money once made origin as did not have an origin clause in the contract he signed ... but good on them they stood strong

Then it is quite concerning that a new club like the titans can stand their ground and ensure a good deal for the club yet our guys are talking at releasing him without compensation or another player... nearly as good as greenburg getting some free tickets for game day from the Broncos when he released barba to them...quite laughable

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really want the board to tell Klemmer he is seeing out his contract with the dogs but the they will let him go because they need a marquee under their watch as they go into board elections. Its a pity boards decision making is like this because, as a fan, I would far prefer we spend our cap on talented juniors who will pay us back in 2 to 3 years time.If we get Hayne or the burgess twins it is actually worse than if we retained Klemmer.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really want the board to tell Klemmer he is seeing out his contract with the dogs but the they will let him go because they need a marquee under their watch as they go into board elections. Its a pity boards decision making is like this because, as a fan, I would far prefer we spend our cap on talented juniors who will pay us back in 2 to 3 years time.If we get Hayne or the burgess twins it is actually worse than if we retained Klemmer.
How so ,? How is it worse?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Then it is quite concerning that a new club like the titans can stand their ground and ensure a good deal for the club yet our guys are talking at releasing him without compensation or another player... nearly as good as greenburg getting some free tickets for game day from the Broncos when he released barba to them...quite laughable
To be fair the club at no time so far has indicated they will let Klemmer go. Any other opinion is speculation created by the media at this stage.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn’t imagine not talking to my parents. Whenever I get irritated by them I only have to remember everything they have done for me. I think we tend to forget that. I suspect something must have happened to make Klemmer not talk to his family. Something they have done. Something unforgivable. If not, time to mend things.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How so ,? How is it worse?
Klemmer is an 80 minute player who can play in middle or lock if required. He has never had an injury and he does over 100m a game including the hard yards out of our 20. Hayne is a loner who has destroyed every team and club he has been in and the burgess boys can only last 16 minutes a stint at best. We are far worse off if we lose Klemmer and gain these players.