WWOS MOLE David Hamilton

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was informed today that Dave Hamilton ex Raiders and Titans official has now become our GM of footy he has been working in a CRL capticity for the last 2 years in the group 2 and 3 area which I'm from the group 2 area and I have dealt with him on a number of occasions through the last 2 years I will hold my judgement on this appointment he is old school but will hopefully get the place in order I posted it in rumours section till it's official but the person who told me is in regular contact with him

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Another former raider...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Oh for fucks sake... this is starting to become a joke now. Canterberra-Bankstown BullRaidogers.

Mr Hamilton has held various positions in Rugby League over the past 20 years, including:
Work as Development Officer and Junior Representative Coach (NSW U18’s, Australian Junior Kangaroos)
High Performance, Development and Recruitment roles with the Canberra Raiders and Gold Coast Titans.

Was he the bloke that discovered Phillips Sami and Nick Cotric?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If they're going to keep getting ex Canberra staff, can they not try and get Mulholland back instead? At least he's proven to be good at his job and would help us recruit a whole lot better.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If they're going to keep getting ex Canberra staff, can they not try and get Mulholland back instead? At least he's proven to be good at his job and would help us recruit a whole lot better.
Mulholland has been diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, I think recruiting is the last thing on his mind at the moment.

But if he was well, it would be a good appointment, I do think from memory there’s some animosity towards us though?

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t get why everyone carries on about ex-Raiders, the bloke might be good to have around the joint and the fact the majority don’t even know who he is, it’s just another reason to whine and moan.

As someone who works in management and recruited many people, if you worked with someone at another company and they were great to work with and brought certain skill sets and then I moved to another company and was looking for a person with a similar skill set, you will always go with a known entity....

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mulholland has been diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, I think recruiting is the last thing on his mind at the moment.

But if he was well, it would be a good appointment, I do think from memory there’s some animosity towards us though?
Oh shit, I didn't realise. Hope he gets better.

Yeah but surely that would have been directed at Des and the old board?

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
May be the result of our partnership with north coast

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t get why everyone carries on about ex-Raiders, the bloke might be good to have around the joint and the fact the majority don’t even know who he is, it’s just another reason to whine and moan.

As someone who works in management and recruited many people, if you worked with someone at another company and they were great to work with and brought certain skill sets and then I moved to another company and was looking for a person with a similar skill set, you will always go with a known entity....
Same people having their daily bitch. Was always going to be the case. You're right tho, who gives a fuck where he's come from, if he's right for the job I don't care if he came from the titans but people on here are just never going to be happy with anything

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Well then (as someone who works in management and recruited many people) you'd know that you employ the best person for the job, not "some bloke I used to work with ages ago who is a pretty good guy and we get along well together".

Farrar, Holmes, Patmore, and McDonnell were all sacked because the club has a new strategic plan and felt they were not people capable of acheiveing the goals in those plans.

How is a bloke that has been heavily involved with the Raiders and Titans (hardly two successful or powerhouse clubs in recent times), going to help us achieve those goals instead?

If the guy was ex Storm / Roosters / Broncos / Souths / Panthers, then I'd say "okay they have proven links with players coming through the ranks".

This current board is not about employing the best person for the job, but rather "jobs for the boys", and that's why we are having the issues we are at the moment.

If he was the best person for the job I wouldn't mind, but his past credentials don't inspire me at all to think we are on the path to greatness.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well then (as someone who works in management and recruited many people) you'd know that you employ the best person for the job, not "some bloke I used to work with ages ago who is a pretty good guy and we get along well together".

Farrar, Holmes, Patmore, and McDonnell were all sacked because the club has a new strategic plan and felt they were not people capable of acheiveing the goals in those plans.

How is a bloke that has been heavily involved with the Raiders and Titans (hardly two successful or powerhouse clubs in recent times), going to help us achieve those goals instead?

If the guy was ex Storm / Roosters / Broncos / Souths / Panthers, then I'd say "okay they have proven links with players coming through the ranks".

This current board is not about employing the best person for the job, but rather "jobs for the boys", and that's why we are having the issues we are at the moment.

If he was the best person for the job I wouldn't mind, but his past credentials don't inspire me at all to think we are on the path to greatness.
Did you just mention panthers :tearsofjoy:

Give the guy a chance he may just be the best available person for the job. And not a job for the boys. I doubt Pay has that big of an influence over the board who picks these guys don’t they?

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

"some bloke I used to work with ages ago who is a pretty good guy and we get along well together".

Where is this quote from? Or did you just make that up based on an assumption?

When you recruit for these types of roles, you have specific skill sets that are being looked at. There’s an interview process and usually interviews will go for at least 2-3 rounds, first round will likely be a meet and greet with a number of people in the room, 2nd more specific questioning with usually the key “d” (look that up, but assuming you don’t know what that is, it’s the decision maker), will be here and also others the person may report to (dotted line) and then a final interview in this case I’d assume with board members involved and the real strategies/presentations are delivered.

If you think these decisions are made at the local coffee shop by Dean Pay and the board just say “yeah, no worries Dean, we’ll take your word for it”, you have absolutely no idea. Chris, Lynne and Hill will be heavily involved here.

I also don’t get this “jobs for the boys” shit, again, if you ever worked in the corporate world in a mid-tier management role, the last thing you can afford to do is give a role to a “mate”, as it can make you look fucking stupid, why would you do that?

The candidate who is a known entity and is similar to another candidate in terms of what they bring but isn’t a known entity will always get the role, there’s way too much risk involved, this role has a “profile” also, so again, another reason to make an astute decision.

Like every recruitment decision, regardless of how well you know someone, there’s an element of risk involved.

Hold your judgement until you see what happens and if they screw up, then go after them.

Until then, moaning and complaining without knowing the finer details of this just shows a lack of insight...

Last edited:

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Also, I don’t say “as someone who works in management and recruited many people” to sound like a dick, more to provide a line of sight as to what these processes can and usually do look like.

I have no idea who Dave Hamilton is, but I also hope he’s the right bloke for the job, just like I’m sure Hill and the Anderson’s do as well.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Also, I don’t say “as someone who works in management and recruited many people” to sound like a dick, more to provide a line of sight as to what these processes can and usually do look like.

I have no idea who Dave Hamilton is, but I also hope he’s the right bloke for the job, just like I’m sure Hill and the Anderson’s do as well.
Yeah I got you on that one. I didn't read it as taking a "I know more about this because ....".

Andrew Farrar - Employed from ~ October 2017.
Andrew Patmore - Employed from October 2016.
Warren McDonnell - Employed from October 2016.

New board came in Feb 2018.
Gareth Holmes - Employed July 2018 (from Manly) to Bulldogs.

Does that not make Holmes an appointment by the current board (I doubt Dibb & Co would employ someone Pre Feb 2018 for a role starting mid 2018)?? In other words board correcting a dud employee they took on.

In addition Pay has brought over more ex Raiders people who don't appear to be helping with our seasons success.

Hence my apprehension with this appointment as well.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I got you on that one. I didn't read it as taking a "I know more about this because ....".

Andrew Farrar - Employed from ~ October 2017.
Andrew Patmore - Employed from October 2016.
Warren McDonnell - Employed from October 2016.

New board came in Feb 2018.
Gareth Holmes - Employed July 2018 (from Manly) to Bulldogs.

Does that not make Holmes an appointment by the current board (I doubt Dibb & Co would employ someone Pre Feb 2018 for a role starting mid 2018)?? In other words board correcting a dud employee they took on.

In addition Pay has brought over more ex Raiders people who don't appear to be helping with our seasons success.

Hence my apprehension with this appointment as well.
Yeah, that wasn’t my intention man, when I re-read it, I know I sounded like a dick....thanks for going easy on me ;)

I didn’t know that about Holmes or know the dates, was Des still here then, maybe that influenced it?

I get the apprehension though and your point/s are valid I’m just a big believer in if it’s the right person....it’s the right person.

Recruitment is just a tough game, sometimes the best person isn’t available at the right time, you can’t agree terms, the salary isn’t there, you can’t align on KPI’s, they don’t buy into your vision, the culture is toxic etc. etc.

I just hope this bloke has been put through the ringer and he does a great job and I truly believe the powers that be are doing the best for the club.

And I guess this is one of those appointments where we can’t truly judge how he’s going, from the outside at least.

My glass is always half full also, I’m going to take the positive route whenever I can
and believe in best intentions.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is he Louise Hamilton's dad? I'm sick of hearing about signings (players and managers) other clubs boot out. Can't we forge our own identity??

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, that wasn’t my intention man, when I re-read it, I know I sounded like a dick....thanks for going easy on me ;)

I didn’t know that about Holmes or know the dates, was Des still here then, maybe that influenced it?

I get the apprehension though and your point/s are valid I’m just a big believer in if it’s the right person....it’s the right person.

Recruitment is just a tough game, sometimes the best person isn’t available at the right time, you can’t agree terms, the salary isn’t there, you can’t align on KPI’s, they don’t buy into your vision, the culture is toxic etc. etc.

I just hope this bloke has been put through the ringer and he does a great job and I truly believe the powers that be are doing the best for the club.

And I guess this is one of those appointments where we can’t truly judge how he’s going, from the outside at least.

My glass is always half full also, I’m going to take the positive route whenever I can
and believe in best intentions.
Totally agree.. :grinning:

Holmes I'm not sure... I thought Pay was in by that stage, but not 100%.

I guess one way of looking at it, is he comes to the club knowing that our board aren't afraid to cut people if they underperform.

Just like Hill and Pay, I'm happy to see how he goes, but getting a bit concerned we are aligning ourselves too much with ex Raiders staff.