News David furner offers our club nothing

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I initially thought that furner was doing a bad job.. but dead set.. if there is a dumber footy side than this, then I have yet to see it.. imagine trying to explain things to these brainiacs...

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Biggest dud defence coach in our history ,never seen a doggies team so ineffectual in defence .
Accountability on him .
At least our defence coach won't feel out of place at coaching meetings, he can sit next to our "high performance " manager, who would have to get on the hong kongs before work to justify his title.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our structure is horrible. Players turning their shoulders in and jamming on every play. Teams are just hitting the winger who strolls in. Should be up and out which will get you a obstruction penalty all day as the decoys will hit the defenders outside shoulder

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In all honesty I've thought our ability to slide in defence has been missing all year. When gaps open up anywhere on field nobody seems to slide to try to close them whether it's in the middle or on the wings. I've missed large chunks of games this year since I generally work weekends, but there hasn't been a lot of improvement in our sliding defence since early in the season. I assume our attack will improve next year with a higher calibre of attacking threats filling our backline. But if we don't see a drastic improvement in the commitment of defenders and a huge increase in effort to cover gaps that open up by sliding we're going to be in for another long painful season. All of our coaching staff need to be on notice if they can't improve in their specified areas. quickly next year.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Biggest dud defence coach in our history ,never seen a doggies team so ineffectual in defence .
Accountability on him .
If we say sacking Barrett is crazy because of the squad we have, then it should apply to Furner as well.

If you call for Furner to be sacked, why is Barrett immune?

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Isn't that why Vaughan is joining us... His connection with furner? Don't sack him just yet guys..... Lol

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife doesn't watch or follow footy but she decided to watch the game with me today, at halftime her exact words to me were "Do these bulldogs players actually get paid to play? Surely not" lol what a embarrasment

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Given we have come last I don’t think our defence is that bad compared to other dud teams

our fitness though is lacking and next year I’m seriously worried about our defence out wide.
We need Josh Morris

DirtyDog72

Waterboy
Reaction score
Bring Jim Dymock back as our defensive coach, why did the club ever let him go?

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Accountability on him .
Seen nothing from Furner that I can disagree with what you are saying but I also believe our current roster don't have a winning culture and are not coachable because they simply don't have the talent. On that, I am prepared to give the whole coaching staff next year to prove me otherwise once they have a better roster.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Surely Furner and Ferris are sacked at the end of the year. Both have added nothing in their roles.

Ferris can't even get himself fit, how's he going to get the squad fit?
Yeh he came in fat.. lost a few kgs and he looks like a tub now
Surely Gus will have him fucked off if theres a problem with him

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Defence is the one area we have gone totally backwards since the end of the 2020 season that it's embarrassing.

Granted the game has become a great deal more corrupt but that still doesn't excuse how badly we defend. Accountability needs to taken at every level and these guys obviously have a lot to answer for