Social Media David Fifita

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
we aint even got a major sponsor
Considering ONE poker machine at our leagues club generates something like $6,000,000 per year, I don't think we need to worry about a major sponsor.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Funniest post I've read for a while. IM guessing you haven't seen him play? The guy is a wrecking ball. He is damaging through the middle and on the edges. Watch him play the last few rounds last year , then eat your below words.
Christ there is a lot of hype with this bloke, I mean he's a 107Kg backrower with good leg speed? Hasn't got an offload that I've seen, can't kick goals, tackles like a regular backrower and wouldn't scare the skin off a custard. 1mill for that? You'd have to have rocks in your head to pay that.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Christ there is a lot of hype with this bloke, I mean he's a 107Kg backrower with good leg speed? Hasn't got an offload that I've seen, can't kick goals, tackles like a regular backrower and wouldn't scare the skin off a custard. 1mill for that? You'd have to have rocks in your head to pay that.
Kambah are you only saying that because you can’t hide the big unit under the sombrero? :-).

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He can ride a scooter and throw a punch at the same time.

That's gotta be worth something lol

GTOWN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Considering ONE poker machine at our leagues club generates something like $6,000,000 per year, I don't think we need to worry about a major sponsor.
$6,000,000... yeah NAH

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kambah are you only saying that because you can’t hide the big unit under the sombrero? :-).
lol I'll pay that one. But no, I just think he's overrated for the money being tossed around to sign him.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funniest post I've read for a while. IM guessing you haven't seen him play? The guy is a wrecking ball. He is damaging through the middle and on the edges. Watch him play the last few rounds last year , then eat your below words.
Yeah watched him a bit last year after he was linked to us but didn't see the value imo.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
lol I'll pay that one. But no, I just think he's overrated for the money being tossed around to sign him.
Good thing it was a comment only for the comedy :-). As for his value, I’ll be watching a bit closer this year to see if he has second album syndrome or another hit. Eventually $1m players will be more common with commensurate cap rises but right now it’s hard to see a prop worth that much for mine.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good thing it was a comment only for the comedy :-). As for his value, I’ll be watching a bit closer this year to see if he has second album syndrome or another hit. Eventually $1m players will be more common with commensurate cap rises but right now it’s hard to see a prop worth that much for mine.
Agree $1Mill players will become more common, but when a backrower starts commanding that type of coin they had better have all the attributes or start wearing their undies on the outside and a cape.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Agree $1Mill players will become more common, but when a backrower starts commanding that type of coin they had better have all the attributes or start wearing their undies on the outside and a cape.
For $1m/year I’ll happily wear the Reg Grundies outside and even a cape. Can’t guarantee I’ll take flight or save anyone but hey - lots of footy players don’t earn their chunky salaries either :-).

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love watching David Fifita play and think he already at a young age is a tremendous athlete BUT $1 mill cmon .... I hope for that much it's in a Broncos Jersey not a Bulldogs one.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's been some time since we've tasted success but we've started from scratch since the departure of Des and Co and our juniors are flourishing again and I do believe we will unearth our very own Fifitas and the likes of new SBWs who'll bring success and good times again to this club.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fair enough. Everyone at times sees things differently. Let's see what he does this year.
Yeah watched him a bit last year after he was linked to us but didn't see the value imo.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He hates syd so will want way overs payne hass is who we should chase

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He hates syd so will want way overs payne hass is who we should chase
He's on 600k a year and it's a long term contract. The Broncos won't let him leave. Worst case scenario for the Broncos is we'll force them to up that contract to meet in the middle somewhere (lets say 800-900k). I think he's the best prop in the NRL and he's only 20...

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's on 600k a year and it's a long term contract. The Broncos won't let him leave. Worst case scenario for the Broncos is we'll force them to up that contract to meet in the middle somewhere (lets say 800-900k). I think he's the best prop in the NRL and he's only 20...
Fyi this way of thinking doesn’t exist anymore,just because a player is contracted and you think the club wont let them go doesn’t exist anymore so many examples,klem/cronk/lattrell the list goes on if they have to pay massive overs for fifita and get a suitable cheaper replacement this is how the shuffling of players works not putting up the white flag,im not saying it would be easy but its a different dynamics in the player transfer market these days.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Broncos will have plenty of $$ for Fifita with the impending retirement of Boyd and Jack Birds contract finishing up at the end of this season adding to that the Gillette retirement at the end of last season. that's already near $2.5mill between those three.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
How did Fifita go against us in R25 last year, what was the score ................. 30 to 14 ............... and he didn't do much at all, after rewatching the game again yesterday pretty much every one of our forwards outplayed him. Haas was the only Donkey forward who had any real impact.

Go Dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How did Fifita go against us in R25 last year, what was the score ................. 30 to 14 ............... and he didn't do much at all, after rewatching the game again yesterday pretty much every one of our forwards outplayed him. Haas was the only Donkey forward who had any real impact.

Go Dogs
Thanks for your feedback.