Social Media David Fifita

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I figure we didn't go for Maloney because our cash is tied up in Kieran? he would have been perfect for a season or two

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I figure we didn't go for Maloney because our cash is tied up in Kieran? he would have been perfect for a season or two
I just hope wakeham gets a decent shot at number 7. Stick by him and let him make the team his own. I wouldn’t mind signing Foran for a further year fairly cheap. His experience is priceless, foran at 6 wakeham at 7

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just hope wakeham gets a decent shot at number 7. Stick by him and let him make the team his own. I wouldn’t mind signing Foran for a further year fairly cheap. His experience is priceless, foran at 6 wakeham at 7
yeah but you and I both know that Foz will only last another game or two before he goes down again.. I like the idea of Wakeham and Averillo together because it gives Wakeham a chance to play his natural game, which is running the team (and not having Lachlan in the way).. but we desperately need a nine to provide the good service and get things moving, as we are so far off the pace compared to most of the other teams from the second the ball is played

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If we miss out on Fifita, we should go after TPJ...
I'd go after Liam Martin from Penrith, he's a hard ****. Can see us signing Kaide Ellis though if Pay is reinstated

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
yeah but you and I both know that Foz will only last another game or two before he goes down again.. I like the idea of Wakeham and Averillo together because it gives Wakeham a chance to play his natural game, which is running the team (and not having Lachlan in the way).. but we desperately need a nine to provide the good service and get things moving, as we so far off the pace compared to most of the other teams from the second the ball is played
Yeah they seem to compliment each other and averillo has a decent running game!
Katoa seems alright he’s a genuine dummy half I’d start him and use jmk as an impact player for now. Reed Mahoney is coming off contract it would be good to get him back!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not without a decent halfback we won't be winning any gf
The worst thing that could have happened to this club was the suspension in the season... Any growth was totally halted which is absolutely shithouse.

The last thing we saw was Wakeham direct play well without Lewis and Averillo showing he can make it in the big leagues.

Personally I think Wakeham is the answer and Averillo is a FB. With kids like Burton, Brimson and Dearden around it certainly wouldn't hurt to nab another up and coming kid to go with a healthy pack.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd go after Liam Martin from Penrith, he's a hard c***. Can see us signing Kaide Ellis though if Pay is reinstated
Ellis was coming through the ranks like the next Klemmer but has struggled to make the leap... He might come good in a couple of years.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah they seem to compliment each other and averillo has a decent running game!
Katoa seems alright he’s a genuine dummy half I’d start him and use jmk as an impact player for now. Reed Mahoney is coming off contract it would be good to get him back!

Yep, 100... Problem right now is that Lachlan is frantic and impatient, maybe that's partly due to the average service our halves get from hooker? but it must be off putting and I think Brandon will really come into his own if he is running the team with Jake as a runner of the ball. I am keen to see how Katoa goes, I know he was shite at Pemriff but he looked alright over the Summer

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watch broncos re sign him allegedly for $650k a year haha

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seriously what is the point of having a salary cap if third party payments aren't capped.... WHAT A FUKIN JOKE OF A SYSTEM.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seriously what is the point of having a salary cap if third party payments aren't capped.... WHAT A FUKIN JOKE OF A SYSTEM.

Yeah but it's a fair competition they reckon, lol... Ricky has been complaining about it for a while, and credit to him, it's a joke. What can we offer? kebabs?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah but it's a fair competition they reckon, lol... Ricky has been complaining about it for a while, and credit to him, it's a joke. What can we offer? kebabs?
No we can offer plenty just not as much as teams who have a whole cities backing...

Any team outside of Sydney already has a distinct advantage and then you have to deal with teams inside Sydney who have advantages because of their socioeconomical statuses. Melbourne, Brisbane, NZ and Gold coast have a massive advantage because of the fact they have a whole region to call upon whilst clubs within Sydney have to battle for what's left... It's honestly shocking that third party agreements aren't capped to ensure a level playing field.

I wouldn't be surprised if the NRL is using this deplorable system in order to push teams out of Sydney...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Defeats the purpose of the salary cap. TPA's just shouldn't exist.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Defeats the purpose of the salary cap. TPA's just shouldn't exist.
It defeats the purpose if they aren't capped. I can understand having them because some players get that extra money instead of jumping ship to other codes to get more but not having them capped just ensures some teams have an advantage over others.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It defeats the purpose if they aren't capped. I can understand having them because some players get that extra money instead of jumping ship to other codes to get more but not having them capped just ensures some teams have an advantage over others.
The NRL should give their marquee players extra money regardless what team they're on if they don't want to them to leave to other codes. E.g. if Ponga wants to go play for Rugby regardless what club he's at the NRL should contribute outside the salary cap to keep him here (whatever that may be). I don't like how it's a free for all atm to get TPA's and like you said there is no cap and there are certain clubs that are in a better position to get more TPA's.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The NRL should give their marquee players extra money regardless what team they're on if they don't want to them to leave to other codes. E.g. if Ponga wants to go play for Rugby regardless what club he's at the NRL should contribute outside the salary cap to keep him here (whatever that may be). I don't like how it's a free for all atm to get TPA's and like you said there is no cap and there are certain clubs that are in a better position to get more TPA's.
That could work or you can just cap it at a number like 500k where third parties have a limit. If one player, lets say "marquee" demands 200k in third parties the rest of the team have to share the other 300k. Its just a simple suggestion though its better than letting teams ensure their players get 1 mil + in third party income whilst other teams struggle to hit half that.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is worth every cent.....offer him 1.2million over 4 years....because that's what it would take to get him...and even then I really don't think he will want to play under a rookie coach....but David Fafita would make such a big difference to our team....woukd give us more variation and woukd bring lots of mongrel
Agree. We need someone like him to actually become a genuine contender