Ch 9 News (inc DannyW) David Fifita is gone’: Broncos look ready to lose superstar forward as cap hole deepens

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Injured Broncos superstar David Fifita is as good as gone from the Broncos, according to reports.

Danny Weidler reported the Broncos will be unable to match a massive offer from the Titans.

“View out of Broncos is they say David Fifita is gone,” Weidler tweeted.
“Broncos cap needs cleaning up. Can’t and won’t match offer from Titans.

“No one on record. Asked manager Steve Deacon for confirmation: “No decision yet, but will be one soon. Broncos negotiating tactic
Laurie Daley blasted the Broncos over their salary cap management if they do lose arguably their brightest young talent.

“If they lose David Fifita they’ve severely stuffed it up,” Daley said.

“He’s the most promising, the best forward of them all. They can’t lose him. You can lose some of the others but you can’t lose him.”
Brent Read reported Fifita would have to sacrifice as much as $500,000 to stay at Red Hill.

“Fifita has made it clear to the Gold Coast and Brisbane – along with an unnamed Sydney side who are believed to still be in the market for his services – that he will only consider a one-year deal for 2021 before looking to sign a longer agreement next year,” Read wrote in The Australian
The Australian understands the Titans have weighed in with a deal worth $1 million for next season, an offer that would make him one of the highest paid forwards in the game.”

The Sydney club in contention is the Bulldogs, according to the Daily Telegraph’s Dean Ritchie.

However Fifita seems unlikely to want to move to Sydney, so that leaves him with a decision between the Broncos and the Titans.

“He’s a franchise player. He’s there for 10 years. He’s a superstar,” Ritchie said on The Big Sports Breakfast.

“We will know his decision within the next 48 to 72 hours

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Was about to post this in general. We won’t be a chance but I’ll be glad to see him at the titans. Good for their club and terrible for ponies.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! If there was one I thought they'd keep it was him. No matter, we'll sign him up for the cost of a full cream latte and half a toasty.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s a lot better for us if he stays as it puts pressure on the club to release other players, potentially early or not resign some off contract ? @KambahOne

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Injured Broncos superstar David Fifita is as good as gone from the Broncos, according to reports.

Danny Weidler reported the Broncos will be unable to match a massive offer from the Titans.

“View out of Broncos is they say David Fifita is gone,” Weidler tweeted.
“Broncos cap needs cleaning up. Can’t and won’t match offer from Titans.

“No one on record. Asked manager Steve Deacon for confirmation: “No decision yet, but will be one soon. Broncos negotiating tactic
Laurie Daley blasted the Broncos over their salary cap management if they do lose arguably their brightest young talent.

“If they lose David Fifita they’ve severely stuffed it up,” Daley said.

“He’s the most promising, the best forward of them all. They can’t lose him. You can lose some of the others but you can’t lose him.”
Brent Read reported Fifita would have to sacrifice as much as $500,000 to stay at Red Hill.

“Fifita has made it clear to the Gold Coast and Brisbane – along with an unnamed Sydney side who are believed to still be in the market for his services – that he will only consider a one-year deal for 2021 before looking to sign a longer agreement next year,” Read wrote in The Australian
The Australian understands the Titans have weighed in with a deal worth $1 million for next season, an offer that would make him one of the highest paid forwards in the game.”

The Sydney club in contention is the Bulldogs, according to the Daily Telegraph’s Dean Ritchie.

However Fifita seems unlikely to want to move to Sydney, so that leaves him with a decision between the Broncos and the Titans.

“He’s a franchise player. He’s there for 10 years. He’s a superstar,” Ritchie said on The Big Sports Breakfast.

“We will know his decision within the next 48 to 72 hours
IMO this guy really is the ONLY player on the market who could single handedly improve our club. We need to get this done!!!!!! Give him a one year deal no one can match, and then convince him to stay long term. He'll, get Elliot to do a dance for him daily if you have to!!!!!

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bulldogs announcements
Bennett the new coach
New recruits...Fifita, Grant, Niu, Cotric, :sleeping::sleepy::disrelieved:
Did you have to wake me up ?
Thanks heaps :fearful::grimacing::sweatsmile:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm over the whole Fifita media circus. He's a phenomenal talent but he's not joining us no matter how many millions they throw at him.

What concerns me most is who they will waste the cap space on. I fear a raft of overpriced panic signings on average talent like Napa...

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm over the whole Fifita media circus. He's a phenomenal talent but he's not joining us no matter how many millions they throw at him.

What concerns me most is who they will waste the cap space on. I fear a raft of overpriced panic signings on average talent like Napa...
Didn't you know ?
Lewis has a twin brother :fearscream:

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
After they bailed him out I didn't see anything else happening. Big wig powerbrokers in Brisbane given their current predicament will be doing all they can to keep him happy and top him up on the side during that 1 yr deal
Spot on he's not going anywhere I can't wait till it's made official so he won't be mentioned in every second post on here.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best if he stays, maybe our money can get Flegler then

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In what universe would a 20 year old accept $500k less than what another employer is offering?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
In what universe would a 20 year old accept $500k less than what another employer is offering?
He's only accepting $500k less money on the cap. After TPA's and other endorsement's/sponsorship's he will receive staying at the Broncos I doubt he will be too much out of pocket.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's only accepting $500k less money on the cap. After TPA's and other endorsement's/sponsorship's he will receive staying at the Broncos I doubt he will be too much out of pocket.
Very true. Such a broken system