Dash cams

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone have one? Prices? Brands? Worth it?

Queenslanders are generally nice, laid back people... until they get behind the wheel of a car. As dash cams appear to be pretty cheap (I think), I'm thinking of getting one.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I like you tubing russian dash cams
I'm seen some crazy stuff here in the last 3 years, including a guy who thought i;d cut him off so played cat and mouse with me over the gateway bridge, including coming to a complete stop when everyone else was whizzing past us at 80kmh. Fun times.

Some of the camera i;'ve seen on the market are pretty full on, with gps tracking, front and back cameras etc. i'm more just thinking of one that just records in case i ever need it.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm seen some crazy stuff here in the last 3 years, including a guy who thought i;d cut him off so played cat and mouse with me over the gateway bridge, including coming to a complete stop when everyone else was whizzing past us at 80kmh. Fun times.

Some of the camera i;'ve seen on the market are pretty full on, with gps tracking, front and back cameras etc. i'm more just thinking of one that just records in case i ever need it.
No a bad thing to have I guess unless you're at fault for something then your fucked lol

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't have a nice enough car, or drive that often to get one. But once I do buy something newer id definitely look into it. If not for the only reason being to catch people who hit you and speed away

N

Natboy

I like the idea of being able to leave my car parked & if someone hits it the dashcam activates & records the 60 seconds before it.

I bought a uniden iGo 850 for $180 but it was broken. I now have a uniden iGo 600 I got from JB for $100.
Well worth it just to cover yourself.
I also found it has stopped me doing naughty things in case it would be used in evidence if I F'ed up haha

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
My dog has one.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I like the idea of being able to leave my car parked & if someone hits it the dashcam activates & records the 60 seconds before it.

I bought a uniden iGo 850 for $180 but it was broken. I now have a uniden iGo 600 I got from JB for $100.
Well worth it just to cover yourself.
I also found it has stopped me doing naughty things in case it would be used in evidence if I F'ed up haha
Thanks for that

Dick Smith have something similar for $90.

I thought about buying one when i was in Thailand last month, but have had a bad run with overseas electronics.

By the way, did you get it hard-wired to your battery so it would record when the car was off? was that hard to do?

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Mr I has said in the past he has a dash cam. Maybe.

nikgan123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why is that people with dash cams see so many crazy car crashes lol

N

Natboy

Thanks for that

Dick Smith have something similar for $90.

I thought about buying one when i was in Thailand last month, but have had a bad run with overseas electronics.

By the way, did you get it hard-wired to your battery so it would record when the car was off? was that hard to do?
I think it's just motion activated

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I've got the Blackvue 650/600

Lasted about 2 years before heat impacted the focus of the camera. Still works but can no longer easily read plates of a night.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone with an Audi, should go to an Audi dealer and have the front and rear camera installed. It's rather simple, the front camera is inbuilt into the rear view mirror and they install one at the rear that keeps recording for a little while after you park and is activated if the car is touched. $995, bit pricey, but worth the coin since it's a genuine part with warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.