Darius "Lockyer" Boyd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Let me pre-face this by saying that I think Darius' form this year has been very good.

However, Bennet's perpetual adoration of the guy has become laughable when after he suggested Darius reached Darren Locker levels.

Darius is playing well in a very talented and well coached team. But, IMO he's overrated as an individual player.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If there is one play who grates on my nerves, it's Darius Boyd every time I see him I want to smack him in the face. I don't know what it is but he annoys the hell out of me. :rage:

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there is one play who grates on my nerves, it's Darius Boyd every time I see him I want to smack him in the face. I don't know what it is but he annoys the hell out of me. :rage:
Same here.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bennett is pretty much his adopted father, Darius has never known who his real father was.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Reckon Bennett shows the same amount of love and affection towards his own son?

I erection not.
There's actually an Australian Story episode on Bennet and his son (who has a mental condition).

I think his son is a sharks supporter, but can be found in the dressing rooms of various teams getting signed jerseys.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's actually an Australian Story episode on Bennet and his son (who has a mental condition).

I think his son is a sharks supporter, but can be found in the dressing rooms of various teams getting signed jerseys.
Yeah poor dude was left brain damaged just after birth , he also has a daughter who is confined to a chair with a condition.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah poor dude was left brain damaged just after birth , he also has a daughter who is confined to a chair with a condition.
I saw that episode and I had a change of heart about Wayne Bennett especially when he said the one thing in life that upsets him is his son can't say that he's proud of him and the things he's achieved. Also didn't like Gordon Tallis after it he would tease the boy and make him cry.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He played one good game against hilarious Canberra defence.... lets not blow your shrivelled nutsack over him Wayne.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow mate thats a tough gig.
Thanks or the info.
My sister (who also grew up in banky) has a daughter who contracted meningitis at birth 40 years ago and ended up severely retarded.
Mate, talk about ticker - the power of love and sacrifice!

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I saw that episode and I had a change of heart about Wayne Bennett especially when he said the one thing in life that upsets him is his son can't say that he's proud of him and the things he's achieved. Also didn't like Gordon Tallis after it he would tease the boy and make him cry.
You must have watched a different version to me.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You must have watched a different version to me.
Yes he did the poor kid was in the dressing room say Gordy hurt me he was being too rough. I remember it because I thought how awful it was.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes he did the poor kid was in the dressing room say Gordy hurt me he was being too rough. I remember it because I thought how awful it was.
Actually it was the way Justin thought Tallis looked at him & he told he Dad to tell Tallis not touch him etc.

Tallis NEVER roughed up Justin Bennett.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wow mate thats a tough gig.
Thanks or the info.
My sister (who also grew up in banky) has a daughter who contracted meningitis at birth 40 years ago and ended up severely retarded.
Mate, talk about ticker - the power of love and sacrifice!
No good mate...
I recently had viral meningitis (24yrs old). Most fucked up experience of my life.... horrendous discomfort and pain. Cant believe what babies and little kids must go through when they contract this shitty disease and have to deal with the after effects.
I still get some aches and pains and eye strain, as well as the occasional brain fart...

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow mate thanks for sharing that.
Will never forget going down to the hospital and seeing the kids with fluid on the brain so their heads were twice size,
aaahhh.
Niece had 18 (I kid you not) brain operations in two years.
Hope your stuff abates mate, all the best

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.