Darius Boyd - Out for 2015 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Reports coming from the Brisbane camp that Darius has snapped his achilles tendons and is out .

pete badel ‏@badds76
Exclusive: full story on darius boyd breaking down this morning on courier mail online. Faces nine month recovery

Peter @badds76 Badel reporting Darius Boyd has snapped his achilles tendon at @brisbanebroncos training and will miss at least six months.

NRL News ‏@NRLNEWS
#NRL It would appear that Darius Boyd snapped his Achilles tendon at training. Faces at least 6 months out. http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-miss-six-months/story-fnihsrk2-1227145692805

"The Courier-Mail can reveal Boyd is facing up to nine months on the sidelines after the Maroons ace broke down 40 minutes into a Broncos training session at Purtell Park"

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
i would hate people to celebrate when players get injured...as ive been through a major injury myself...i hate that feeling...
but couldnt happen to a better bloke...LOL ....got rid of Barba & Hoffman....
so what now Milford to Fb? who plays in the halves with hunt now?

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Good news for the broncos - theyl have to put hodges at fullback

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I lolled when I read this. They flicked barbie and hoffman and this happens. Just lol

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They went from having too many fullbacks to none - if the milf is going to play 5/8.

I'm sure this thread will be filled with the usual Boyd hate. To me he just seems a bit fragile, but I don't see him as a bad person or anything.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
While I do find it a bit funny, I still feel sorry for him. 9 months without being able to play, most of that time he won't even be able to run. Not good for the depression.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phuck Darius Boyd but phuck Skeletor Bennett even harder
Sucko you pair of ***** !!!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Im laughing at the broncos and not at Boyd, thats okay right? Horrible injury to have, poor bloke.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Knights fans will be dancing in the streets,
To be honest, I think the Knights have a right to feel disrespected by Boyd and his sugar daddy the way the conducted themselves at the knights and in their leaving, and to make matters worse I believe to Knights had to pay Boyd 100k for the privilege of him breaking contract.

Clearly nothing ethical about the way they did business and surprising Boyd was able to.

I do call it Karma and although I hate seeing anyone with a bad injury as others have also mentioned, I cant help but feel like he got what he deserved and so did the Broncos.

So glad we never signed him, although I doubt we were ever a chance anyway.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Feel sorry for the bloke, and it looks like the issue is legit this time around.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I still think its funny how he has followed bennett around wherever he went.

Reaction score
feel sorry for boyd he didn't deserve that. but i don't feel sorry for bennett, the way he dropped the knights like a sack of shit was a dog act.

barba and hoffman must be laughing at the karma. they got in barba's ear when he was not only a bulldog, but in great form as well ( all star game ), then flicked him straight away. they stole him from us, ruined him, then tossed him.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hehe. When i opened this thread up in a new tab the headline for it is Darius Boyd out. I thought Boyd was finally ready to talk about his relationship with Bennett.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ummmm don't laugh too much guys.

Broncos have a VERY suitable and able replacement, whom, is potentially better than Boyd.

Over in ESL he's the equivalent of Billy Slater when he was in his prime, and potentially is even better at fullback than Tomkins.

29 tries from something like 50 games.

Greg Eden..

[video=youtube;3BWtP3lylJA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BWtP3lylJA[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.