Opinion Danny Levi

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sea Eagles hooker Danny Levi is on lookout for a new club for 2021 after being told he won't be re-signed by Manly

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wouldnt rate him as a long term option. Newcastle wouldnt have let him go to start with if he was someone who could lead a team around the field. Sea eagles signing him as a short term option further proves this.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Would rather cheese than him but we'll stick with Marshall-Smith if we can't get him. As @Spoonman84 said not much point.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As others have said I think we need to go for one of the top 5 hookers in the game. Someone like a Api Korasiau, Damien Cook, Harry Grant etc.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The kennel has spoken... Seems to be a unanimous decision that a bottom 5 hooker is not worth a look. I don't know much about him but I do agree a TOP 5 hooker is a must.
Besides speaking from experience with "hookers" you get what you pay for... Said a mate

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If we had only one of JMK or Katoa possibly but if we signed Levi it would be 3 ordinary options.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No. We have some experience with Manly rejects.
I just hope Barret is not in that category.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
On the off chance we can't hook a top 5... uh... hooker, what is our next best alternative? Is it to stick with JMK/Katoa? Try Averillo/Wakeham/Green? Or find a Levi or someone of that level who Baz feels can perform well enough in accord with the game plans he is developing and sign him for a year, and hope that we can hook a top 5 hooker for 2022?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
On the off chance we can't hook a top 5... uh... hooker, what is our next best alternative? Is it to stick with JMK/Katoa? Try Averillo/Wakeham/Green? Or find a Levi or someone of that level who Baz feels can perform well enough in accord with the game plans he is developing and sign him for a year, and hope that we can hook a top 5 hooker for 2022?
Lewis @ 9 and sign Reynolds. We can then have someone to launch the ball back at Lewis when he passes the ball like a bellend.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Use JMK until we can sign a top hooker or the best promising young hooker coming through. Less risk with a top hooker but obviously more expensive, also might not be available. We should of been all over Tom Starling imo if we didn't have a realistic chance to sign a top hooker for next year.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that this is straight out of left field, "I guess some might laugh" but I would love to see Jackson at hooker for the first 60 minutes, then put JMK on for the last 20 minutes, when opposition players become tired. Jackson will never be able to make breaks like Cook does but their are not to many hookers who can.
Jackson can tackle and pass as good as any no 9 in the game, and with so many backrowers at our club, (RFM, Thompson, Waddell, Elliot, Stimson Doorey) he wouldn't be misses either on the edge or in the middle.

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I always thought of trying Meany at hooker,
My reasoning Cook was a fullback turned hooker,
Meanys fast and got a good pass plus he’s a better defender then most our second stringers.