Daniel Vidot Leaving Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
DANIEL Vidot’s career at the Broncos is all but over with the out-of-favour winger granted compassionate leave after a potential move to premiers Souths collapsed on Wednesday.

The Courier-Mail understands Vidot could leave the Broncos within a fortnight as his management ramps-up discussions with a number of NRL rivals.

The Rabbitohs had made preliminary inquiries into signing Vidot to help ease their backline injury saga, but the premiers have decided against making a formal offer.

Vidot contacted officials at Broncos feeder-club Ipswich yesterday informing them he is unavailable for Sunday’s clash against Sunshine Coast, a sign he is headed for the Red Hill exits.

Well-placed sources say Vidot is not injured, with the 25-year-old asking for a week off to sort through the mental anguish of his Broncos free fall.

The 111kg hulk was outstanding for Brisbane in his maiden year at the club last season, but was axed by coach Wayne Bennett for their round-one clash against Souths.

Vidot has since languished at prop for the Jets in the Intrust Super Cup. Stuck behind Broncos trio Lachlan Maranta, Corey Oates and Jack Reed, he has been frustrated by a lack of opportunity and is unhappy at a club where he feels he is NRL quality.

South Sydney have around $100,000 to spend under the salary cap and Vidot was one possible option to bolster their roster after a string of injuries to outside backs.

The Rabbitohs have lost star centre Dylan Walker to a broken hand and have named veteran Daryl Millard, who was playing in France last year, for tomorrow night’s clash against Parramatta.

Vidot was Brisbane’s best metre-eater last season, amassing a whopping 3798 metres from 23 games, and admits he struggling to come to terms with being on the outer.

“It’s been a tough period for me,” he said.

“Obviously I’m not as happy to be playing reserve grade as NRL, but I have to keep my head down and try my best.

“I’m not really used to this, I was really happy with my season last year. I have a lot of respect for Wayne Bennett so I’m not going to be negative about it, but at the moment there’s not much more I can do.”

Vidot is contracted to the Broncos for the rest of the season but he is not in Bennett’s future plans. He paid a heavy price for a defensive error in Brisbane’s World Club Series clash, racing off his wing to concede the 78th minute try that almost cost the Broncos victory against Wigan.

Asked about his future at the Broncos, Vidot said: “I don’t want to comment on that, sorry mate.”

While he was inspirational at times on the field last season, the giant winger has had off-field disciplinary problems, which is part of the reason he has slipped in the pecking order.

The Manly Sea Eagles have also been linked to Vidot and may issue a lifeline as winger Jorge Taufua fights for his career following his part in an off-field pub brawl.

http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/nrl...bitohs-collapsed/story-fndv2w3r-1227278633812

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is the sort of impact player we need on the wing. We have curtis rona on one wing but i reckon vidot can take perrets spot and really spark our backline.

In my opinion the dogs should definitely chase him. We missed out on matutia but this our chance to grab another top player.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
All of my nopes. Vidot is a ****stick to boot

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hmmm, Perrett or Vidot? Perrett!

Perrett on one leg, or Vidot on two? Perrett on one leg!

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the sort of impact player we need on the wing. We have curtis rona on one wing but i reckon vidot can take perrets spot and really spark our backline.

In my opinion the dogs should definitely chase him. We missed out on matutia but this our chance to grab another top player.
Agreed

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He plays prop now? Wow. Can't believe how much he's bulked up since leaving Canberra. I remember him as the skinny kid on the wing who got bashed up by some Knights player.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score

Nup, we still have Corey Thompson giving Perrett the hurry up, he should go back to the Raiders.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
South Sydney have around $100,000 to spend under the salary cap

Ring Ring Ring Ring
"Hello is BULL$H1T there"

That's right I call Bullshit on that. There's no way those blokes are under the cap (by that much).

They currently have 13 players signed for next season. Out of them Inglis on (claimed) $800k, but I'm sure its FAR more. Reynolds on $500k a season, Grant and McQueen on $350k/$300k. Theres $1.95 million (out of $6.55) on 4 out of 13 players, and a total of 25.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He plays prop now? Wow. Can't believe how much he's bulked up since leaving Canberra. I remember him as the skinny kid on the wing who got bashed up by some Knights player.
Think it was Gidley. Rocked him good too.

South Sydney have around $100,000 to spend under the salary cap

Ring Ring Ring Ring
"Hello is BULL$H1T there"

That's right I call Bullshit on that. There's no way those blokes are under the cap (by that much).

They currently have 13 players signed for next season. Out of them Inglis on (claimed) $800k, but I'm sure its FAR more. Reynolds on $500k a season, Grant and McQueen on $350k/$300k. Theres $1.95 million (out of $6.55) on 4 out of 13 players, and a total of 25.
Thought i read that they are $100k under.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Think it was Gidley. Rocked him good too.

Thought i read that they are $100k under.
That is what the article said and they had earmarked that money to sign a replacement to ease their injury problems in the backline. Unless the NRL injury lists are so unreliable they only have two players listed as injured ; Turner and Walker.So where is their problem?

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is what the article said and they had earmarked that money to sign a replacement to ease their injury problems in the backline. Unless the NRL injury lists are so unreliable they only have two players listed as injured ; Turner and Walker.So where is their problem?
Was just thinking that maybe Mr i thinks that $100k is a lot of money under the cap or that he misread it to be $1m under by the way he posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.