No Source Daniel Tupou

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No source or inside info, but he's off contract at the end of this year and with the NRL approving Suualli to get a run this year I'm thinking this might be Daniel's last gig at the Chooks.

He's 30 in June but still played SOO last year, has been a mainstay for us on the wing, rock solid under the high ball and good meter eater out of our own end. Motivation might be the only issue as he's won 3 rings and represented Tonga and NSW so there's not much for him to accomplish in the game.

Any interest?

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No source or inside info, but he's off contract at the end of this year and with the NRL approving Suualli to get a run this year I'm thinking this might be Daniel's last gig at the Chooks.

He's 30 in June but still played SOO last year, has been a mainstay for us on the wing, rock solid under the high ball and good meter eater out of our own end. Motivation might be the only issue as he's won 3 rings and represented Tonga and NSW so there's not much for him to accomplish in the game.

Any interest?
Yep if the price/terms were right.
Over the last 18 months he has been great.
Also would bring the high standards & expectations with him that hopefully would drive our mob to success.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
DWZ being contracted for another year still will probably put a line through that I'd say. I'd take Tupou over DWZ any day of the week but that isn't really the point. DWZ's already here on good money.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DWZ being contracted for another year still will probably put a line through that I'd say. I'd take Tupou over DWZ any day of the week but that isn't really the point. DWZ's already here on good money.
Tupou wing, JAC FB, DWZ/Ok wing, Allan centre?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tupou wing, JAC FB, DWZ/Ok wing, Allan centre?
I'm expecting 1. Allan, 2. JAC, 3. Cotric, 4. ?, 5. DWZ . I think we'll sign a centre (not Staggs) or use Schoupp until Alamoti's ready.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Any interest?
No thanks... He's great under the high ball but offers not much else. He'd cost a fair chunk of change, isn't young and we don't want anymore Roosters scraps so you can get cap relief and replace them with more young stars.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Any interest?
Mentioned this in another thread for recruitment suggestions. For example let's say we play Addo-Carr at fullback I'd love someone like Tupou to be outside a young debutant in Schoupp

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No thanks. Stick to some juniors comming through

Malla

Reaction score
Would have to get rid of DWZ.

Every time i say his name it hurts me. What an absolute waste of money. Dean Pay's big name signing. What an absolute DUDDDDDDDD

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Any interest?
Can he coach our club through the whole paper bag thing??

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Getting on in years, but it is like deja vu with the fact that every time his contract is due for renewal the Roosters tell us they don't have the money to resign him...yet they do.....

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mentioned this in another thread for recruitment suggestions. For example let's say we play Addo-Carr at fullback I'd love someone like Tupou to be outside a young debutant in Schoupp
Btw Kempsey Dog how you guys doing up there? Hoping you've not been too badly affected by the floods.