Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Dude is simply underrated judging off the kennel experts opinions of him

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Starting easily. He's what TPJ should be.. He's aggressive, impactful in attack and defence but he does it consistently and with way less brain snaps. Still, 800k is way too much so that will make it hard to sign him unless that figure is way off or the Knights chip in a decent percentage.
OK. So he's a BIG step up on what we have. Obviously not the Haas some on here keep dreaming about, but a very good upgrade. Is that right?

The money side the club will take care of tbh. There's a cap which has and will still increase? So, I'm sure whatever we pay we'll get a good deal for what we need as we desperately need 2 props imo?

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We are never getting Haas ffs. Stop thinking that. D Saf tho I can see happening because Newcastle love to break contracts for their own players and release players

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We are never getting Haas ffs. Stop thinking that. D Saf tho I can see happening because Newcastle love to break contracts for their own players and release players
It doesn't need to be Haas, but we should be aiming for Haas, or the next best thing. You know, a middle somewhere close to the top 10 maybe. Signing someone like Saifiti does very little for us. It's obvious we're missing a marquee middle.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
OK. So he's a BIG step up on what we have. Obviously not the Haas some on here keep dreaming about, but a very good upgrade. Is that right?

The money side the club will take care of tbh. There's a cap which has and will still increase? So, I'm sure whatever we pay we'll get a good deal for what we need as we desperately need 2 props imo?
He'd add some much needed starch and toughness. He's a bigger body which we need more of. A front row of Saifiti and King is pretty solid. But the price tag is a huge concern.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He'd add some much needed starch and toughness. He's a bigger body which we need more of. A front row of Saifiti and King is pretty solid. But the price tag is a huge concern.
the way I see it is that there is probably interest there from the Dogs. Why wouldn't there be? It sems like he's a better than decent prop and someone we need in our team.

The price is just something they're throwing around as there's no way a player leaves his current club early and gets the full payout surely? I'd imagine the Knights would have to chip in something?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
the way I see it is that there is probably interest there from the Dogs. Why wouldn't there be? It sems like he's a better than decent prop and someone we need in our team.

The price is just something they're throwing around as there's no way a player leaves his current club early and gets the full payout surely? I'd imagine the Knights would have to chip in something?
unless Saifiti does something bad that allows Knight to tear up his contract the full amount of his contract at Knight currently has to be paid, so 800k between Knight and whoever signs him until his current Knight contract is up, if he was to leave. Knight probably won't be able to move him on because they won't be happy with what they will have to contribute, similar to Brooks and Tiger. When a club is paying a player x2 what they're worth it's going to be hard to move him on.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not sure why we didn’t go for klem again
Knight wanted a half (Hastings) in exchange and we had no one they wanted/we wanted to give them.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would prefer Jacob over Daniel. Both are an upgrade on what we have though. $800k is a bit rich though.
Either of the Saifiti brothers & Hass would be a great foundation for our pack.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Done jack shit this year, woulda been better off with Jack

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fkn lol @800k
How credible is zero tackle ?
They have reported $700k a season,
The question is, how much NC are prepared to fork out ?
IMO, taking his form into consideration we should pay $600k max.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Saifiti but if those figures are anywhere near the mark then you'd want the Knights to be chipping in at least 200k. Which they probably wouldn't do.. 800k is way too much.
200k? i’d want them to put in 400k

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% agree… surely we wouldn’t bend over and cop Saifiti’s full freight! But then again….

We’ve chipped a decent portion of Cotric wage, DWZ as well and no doubt Corey Allen’s wage is being subsidised by us too.

Saifiti is a good player… but if he’s being paid $800k…. I’d much rather the Dogs cough up another 200-300k more and go hard for Haas instead
This is for 2024. If we were paying anything for Cotric it ends this season. DWZ was off contract in 2022 so the only guy who could potentially be on the books next year is Allan

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
People are underrating how rare these big body props are and more so, how important they are. We have needed a play 1 prop for years, if he's available, fucking get him to replace Thompson.

Averaging:
140m on 13 runs pg
53 pcm
54 minutes pg