Dance Music Thread - What we have a metal thread!!

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
So don’t know if this has been done (which to be honest thought it would have been with the Dogs “demographic” Nic Skitz 455 was the best bro...)

But post your favourite DJ’s, Mix Cd’s, Techno, House, DnB, Grime, Trance, Breaks whatever.

Ill start -

1)Who was your favourite ever DJ you saw?

2) Best mix you’ve heard

3) and best party story?

Last edited:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I’ll go first....

Best DJ would have been Krafty Kuts at I think it would have been called Summer Breaks put on by Fuzzy at Bondi Pavilion in maybe 2004.

Still love Paul Oakenfolds - Goa Essential Mix

Party stories are a bit full on but a tame one is at an after party talking shit to an English chap for two hours about how James Zabiela is the shitest DJ ever. English chap just laughed and smiled and the English chap turned out to be James Zabiela

James Zabiela for those that have never heard of him:

Last edited:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
It’s hard to judge this forum. I think this one bombed as it’s the wrong crowd. I definitely think it’s the more it’s gay to dance crowd on here which is sweet but interesting none the less.

You fellas and ladies certainly love talking about should you wear a mask or not that’s for sure. But you keep doing you Kennel ha ha

Anyway how about that Terry Lamb..

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

I've never seen him (it's been a dream to) but I'd have to say Tiesto - undisputed the king DJ when it comes to Dance/Trance.

2) Best mix you’ve heard

A State of Trance 2009 - CD 1 - On The Beach

3) and best party story?

Well the stories I've experienced overseas have only been fairly tame, so I'll go to one I had here. There was a trance night at a club in Sydney back in... October 2005 (or there abouts). We arrived at the club about 10ish and had free cocktails on arrival. We didn't plan on spending all night there. We got pretty trashed and ended up at Harry's for a pie or hotdog. Finished and then drove back to the city. Had some Hungry Jacks (or Burger King) - the one that was around World Square, although it's closed now, then went to Stanmore Maccas after that. That is how much we drank. Then finally we got home at 4am, but daylight saving kicked in at 3am, so it was actually 5am, and the 2005 Tri-Nations was on and starting so instead of sleeping I stayed up an extra 2 hours and watched that lol. Needless to say I had a really good sleep in after that.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score

I've never seen him (it's been a dream to) but I'd have to say Tiesto - undisputed the king DJ when it comes to Dance/Trance.

2) Best mix you’ve heard

A State of Trance 2009 - CD 1 - On The Beach

3) and best party story?

Well the stories I've experienced overseas have only been fairly tame, so I'll go to one I had here. There was a trance night at a club in Sydney back in... October 2005 (or there abouts). We arrived at the club about 10ish and had free cocktails on arrival. We didn't plan on spending all night there. We got pretty trashed and ended up at Harry's for a pie or hotdog. Finished and then drove back to the city. Had some Hungry Jacks (or Burger King) - the one that was around World Square, although it's closed now, then went to Stanmore Maccas after that. That is how much we drank. Then finally we got home at 4am, but daylight saving kicked in at 3am, so it was actually 5am, and the 2005 Tri-Nations was on and starting so instead of sleeping I stayed up an extra 2 hours and watched that lol. Needless to say I had a really good sleep in after that.
Ha ha nice choice of mix. We knew a chick that ended up on Tiestos private jet after doing a season in Ibiza as a dancer long story that’s not really mine to tell but she had something to do with the Bulldogs cheerleaders back in the day..

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Ha ha nice choice of mix. We knew a chick that ended up on Tiestos private jet after doing a season in Ibiza as a dancer long story that’s not really mine to tell but she had something to do with the Bulldogs cheerleaders back in the day..
Dude you can't leave us hanging like that lol - you can tell the story but keep her anonymous :grinning:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Dude you can't leave us hanging like that lol - you can tell the story but keep her anonymous :grinning:
I haven’t seen her in years but she was a Bulldogs cheerleader fuck knows what year but she did a year overseas which included a season dancing at Amnesia @ Privilege Ibiza and yeah she said she met his manager or one of his entourage and they hit it off and he invited her back to on Tijs private jet to stay in Germany for the next night as he had a gig there the next night which she did.

She didn’t really go into the fine details but I’m sure there was a lot that went on.

She decided to pull the pin as the guy got what he wanted and I guess she had her little adventure and she paid for a flight back to Ibiza the next day.. I can’t judge her story because meh you live once..

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Saw Tiesto live at Encore XS night club in Vegas in 2014 I think, I was off my head but needless to say, it was the best night of my life.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh and AVICII also another one of my favourite DJ's (RIP)

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Oh and AVICII also another one of my favourite DJ's (RIP)
I grew to like his shit. I was a underground techno and house snob sort of guy but he had some catchy songs.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I grew to like his shit. I was a underground techno and house snob sort of guy but he had some catchy songs.
me too, day club on pitt st then on hunter st, gas, subbies, omg getting chills from those days. i was more hard styles lol

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
me too, day club on pitt st then on hunter st, gas, subbies, omg getting chills from those days. i was more hard styles lol
Daydreams my cousin was the manager of the pub so went many times. Subbies was a fav Gas was there the night it got shot up, Candies, Arq at Taylor Square, Globe, Plastic, Chinese Laundry.. Did you ever make it to T2 that was proper fucked.

PeeWee
Nic Fish
Jumping Jack
Bexta
Yoshi
Mark Dynamix
Kid Kenobi
Simon Caldwell
Phil Smart
Ajax
Fuck I could go on and on

Last edited:

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Daydreams my cousin was the manager of the pub so went many times. Subbies was a fav Gas was there the night it got shot up, Candies, Arq at Taylor Square, Globe, Plastic, Chinese Laundry.. Did you ever make it to T2 that was proper fucked.
T2 proper seedy as fk, actually they all were when i think back at it now.

oh what about blackmarket, i knew a guy that accidently shot himself in the bum lol

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
T2 proper seedy as fk, actually they all were when i think back at it now.

oh what about blackmarket, i knew a guy that accidently shot himself in the bum lol
I went to T2 with a good friend once who knew this guy better than me but he was at the time an office barer for the Rockdale Commancheros got invited upstairs with all these massive dudes staring at us but because we were with him he parted the entire group and said Oi these boys go first.

Nothing dodgy or to do with anything considered contraband we just got the first crack at finger painting but that was definitely an experience..

I never made it to the Hellfire I would have been a bit to young. You need to give us a bit more on that story though.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ll go first....

Best DJ would have been Krafty Kuts at I think it would have been called Summer Breaks put on by Fuzzy at Bondi Pavilion in maybe 2004.

Still love Paul Oakenfolds - Goa Essential Mix

Party stories are a bit full on but a tame one is at an after party talking shit to an English chap for two hours about how James Zabiela is the shitest DJ ever. English chap just laughed and smiled and the English chap turned out to be James Zabiela

James Zabiela for those that have never heard of him:
My favourite DJ would probably have to be Deadman. I've never seen him live unfortunately, but I have always wanted to. Theres many others, but im hopeless when it comes to remembering them off the top of my head. I love most genres of electronic fro. Glitch hop to Psytrance, DnB, all the way through to house, it just depends on the mood. Right now a couple of bangers im loving are; Hey you by Dope lemon, remixed by Cedric Gervais, and Mink & Shoes (dub mix) by Psychemagic.

I remember seeing seeing Infected Mushroom play at a bush doof Here near Cairns, just after a tropical cyclone had passed. The rain was fucking terential and the whole crowd was just stomping in the mud! You were constantly being splashed in the face by mud puddles, but you would just wipe it off and carry on.

Another epic concert i went to was in a football stadium in a place called Santa Cruz in Bolivia, where i watched David Guetta play. Im not a massive fan, but the show itself was awesome. They had these guys in robot costumes, on stilts, that could shoot a massive stream of sparks from each hand. They were always moving in sync, and the backdrop was a giant screen with constantly changing visual effects. It really was an awesome show! The cppious amounts of cheap cacaine might have helped......

I also saw a brazilian DJ called Gui Barrato play in this epic nightclub in Buenos Aires. It was a stunning old bank with marble stairs leading up to the front door, followed by a marble clad entry hall with epic chandeliers etc. There were a few separate bars and a night club inside the old bank vault. It was nuts.