Status
Not open for further replies.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Anyone notice how Cookie is listed as the 18th man on an extended bench.
So much for heading to Souffs for the promised starting role. Madge is a lying prick, should have stayed with us... Be interesting to see if he to play and or keep playing with the Bears.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone notice how Cookie is listed as the 18th man on an extended bench.
So much for heading to Souffs for the promised starting role. Madge is a lying prick, should have stayed with us... Be interesting to see if he to play and or keep playing with the Bears.
They're pretty messed up out there

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Actually saw an interview tonight with Cameron Mcinnes where the interviewer mentioned about him wanting to be an 80 minute player. McInnes said that is his objective. I assume it was in reference to him being named at Hooker in the starting side for Souths this weekend with Cook not named in the starting 17.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well lets be honest.. if he's #18, at least he can't get knocked out for like the 4th week running.

Cameron McInnes is a better hooker, and with the other Burgess brother back, there's no space for a second hooker.

Besides .. I prefer Lichaa + Garvey.
So true. They say that once, twice, three times you are out and it appears the case here.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
McInnes is a pretty decent hooker...has actually played well this year for souffs. He was in the u20s team of the year a few years back and played junior kangaroos...

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last year he was relatively unknown and had a lot of success from dummy half. This year teams have worked him out, plus the souths forward pack haven't been really dominant enough for him to take adavantage.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
he would have an average of 0 minutes and 0 seconds game time at the full strength dogs

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Yeah I didn't think that McInnes was anything and he has certainly done enough to deserve the spot.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
classic case of "he is shit" despite he hasnt played a total of 15 first grade games, not enough game time and proving to be a match winner last year.

but "the other guy has potential but he has a crap coach, returned from injury too early, blah blah " despite playing well over 2 seasons in first grade.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He's only on a years contract too. If I were him I'd sound out ESL. Maybe the side Thompson / Frankie is in.

He'd kill it in ESL.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
classic case of "he is shit" despite he hasnt played a total of 15 first grade games, not enough game time and proving to be a match winner last year.

but "the other guy has potential but he has a crap coach, returned from injury too early, blah blah " despite playing well over 2 seasons in first grade.
So Ennis is shit and last year was a fluke?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
he would have an average of 0 minutes and 0 seconds game time at the full strength dogs
Thats true, however take a look at what Paul Green is doing with Granville on the bench, always coming back on with Taumololo... wrecking havoc... Would have been easy to do this with Kasiano and Cook... Because honestly we waste a bench spot. Did Elliot even get on the field on monday ? because i didnt see him lol.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hopefully when Cook is back in NSW Cup as a 25 year old Hooker we can stop having every second thread becoming a "Lichaa sucks, our player retention sucks, Cook is the Messiah and we pushed him out" wankfest.
Lichaa is great wouldn't trade him for anyone... Just highlighting the irony of why he left. Would have had been better off staying put.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So Ennis is shit and last year was a fluke?

no I didnt say neither liccha, cook nor Ennis are shiit.

I am just saying what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

If Cook is given a full proper season and guaranteed spot in the team, we might see the real talent which came out at the back end of the last season.

How would a player even perform when he cant get a game forget a regular spot in the team.

confidence is a funny thing in first grade, last year cook knew he had a guaranteed spot with full 80 minutes in the team till the end of the season and it provided dividends for him and the team.

you tell me , who would you have picked for the finals last year if both cook and liccha were available??? Specially when cook has just won 2 MOM performances with numerous try assists and line breaks in 7 games before the final series.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I reckon Damien has spent more time having concussion tests this year than playing first grade. Was always going to be there to keep McInnes honest and would have to work for a starting spot.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thats true, however take a look at what Paul Green is doing with Granville on the bench, always coming back on with Taumololo... wrecking havoc... Would have been easy to do this with Kasiano and Cook... Because honestly we waste a bench spot. Did Elliot even get on the field on monday ? because i didnt see him lol.
Spot on a running hooker brings the forwards onto the ball

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Personally i don't see what all the fuss is about lichaa, no running game and his dummy half service is nothing spectacular. Doesn't really matter, we have invested in him now.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
no I didnt say neither liccha, cook nor Ennis are shiit.

I am just saying what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

If Cook is given a full proper season and guaranteed spot in the team, we might see the real talent which came out at the back end of the last season.

How would a player even perform when he cant get a game forget a regular spot in the team.

confidence is a funny thing in first grade, last year cook knew he had a guaranteed spot with full 80 minutes in the team till the end of the season and it provided dividends for him and the team.

you tell me , who would you have picked for the finals last year if both cook and liccha were available??? Specially when cook has just won 2 MOM performances with numerous try assists and line breaks in 7 games before the final series.
Cook was on a good run obviously I would go with Cook.

But like we have both said a million times, doesn't matter which poor bastard is hooker, they will be restricted to a bullshit "game plan".

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Cook has been dead average this year for Souths (why he is dumped to 18th man). It was only a matter of time at the Dogs before he had some bad games and calls came to sack him.

Status
Not open for further replies.