Dally M Betting Charges

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only a matter of time until something like this happened. The Dally M's have stunk to high heaven for years.

There will be a few cranky punters around now that their easy fill ups might dry up.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
You don't need insider info to know Bellyache would win Coach of the Year, just like you don't need insider info to know Cam Smith would win Ref of the Year.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Only a matter of time until something like this happened. The Dally M's have stunk to high heaven for years.

There will be a few cranky punters around now that their easy fill ups might dry up.
My view, the more the game ties itself to betting agencies the more stuff like this will happen. I’m neither a big punter nor anti-gambling (to each their own) and I get betting is where the revenue comes from - from the pokies at the leagues club to online, but the fleas come with the dog.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
My view, the more the game ties itself to betting agencies the more stuff like this will happen. I’m neither a big punter nor anti-gambling (to each their own) and I get betting is where the revenue comes from - from the pokies at the leagues club to online, but the fleas come with the dog.
Those links are just going to get stronger with V'landys in charge. In saying that the game is in no position to knock back money no matter where it comes from.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Those links are just going to get stronger with V'landys in charge. In saying that the game is in no position to knock back money no matter where it comes from.
Agree - and that’s the tricky bit - not unlike the old tobacco sponsorship days of the Winfield Cup and Rothmans Medal. The big dollars have always been in socially divisive products - smokes (before it was illegal to advertise them), booze and betting.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree - and that’s the tricky bit - not unlike the old tobacco sponsorship days of the Winfield Cup and Rothmans Medal. The big dollars have always been in socially divisive products - smokes (before it was illegal to advertise them), booze and betting.
3 of the biggest money spending vices, outside of drugs.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
3 of the biggest money spending vices, outside of drugs.
Which is why they have always had very deep pockets when it comes to sponsorship. I don’t have a specific opinion on it, I’m not judging it, just pointing out the realities that with such arrangements some exploitation is likely.