Official Dallin Watene-Zelezniak signs with New Zealand Warriors

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Allen is not playing reggies, he’s been injured and will be back soon enough. Flanagan yes was hooked but also injured and played reggies for the first time last week. We’ll see how he goes.
Yes mate he is in Reggies- see yesterday's Mounties game

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Nothing to do with that mate. Nothing. That's how some portrayed it to cover the real people behind the EGM
I know the back story.
It’s not for here.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You tried to make it sound like a high priced recruit had been demoted. He made his injury comeback game in reggies yesterday. Quite different.
Thanks mate I couldn’t be bothered explaining it to captain negative.

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The club is so dumb they couldn’t get a swap aye like walsh tohu Harris tevaga they just couldn’t aye

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The club is so dumb they couldn’t get a swap aye like walsh tohu Harris tevaga they just couldn’t aye
a) The point of the exercise was to improve our cap situation.
b) Why would the Warriors trade Harris, one of their most important players or Walsh, their long-term fullback for a guy they want to put on the wing?

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You tried to make it sound like a high priced recruit had been demoted. He made his injury comeback game in reggies yesterday. Quite different.
That's his level anyway, whether he's been injured or not. Of all the bad signings this is up the top

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That's his level anyway, whether he's been injured or not. Of all the bad signings this is up the top
I guess we'll see when we have some better halves.
He went pretty well at the Bunnies with a better spine.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess we'll see when we have some better halves.
He went pretty well at the Bunnies with a better spine.
As a winger sure was half decent...problem...he's not being paid winger money!I just don't rate his skills, or should I say lack of skills. What tells you he'll be any better than a 5/10 player? I'm being generous with a 5 too!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
As a winger sure was half decent...problem...he's not being paid winger money!I just don't rate his skills, or should I say lack of skills. What tells you he'll be any better than a 5/10 player? I'm being generous with a 5 too!
I just think our issues run right through:

- Forwards not laying a foundation
- Less than stellar service from dummy half
- Inexperienced halves not providing backline options

If that keeps up even quality like the Fox will struggle. So I’m happy to cut players like Allen a bit of a break for now - until we can improve other key areas.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
DWZ gets a chance to play finals footy, plus n an extension of two years on a full time contract - long term a good result for him -what will the dogs get out of it, or make with the extra cap space and squad spot - hopefully find out soon

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure we are full of wingers and needed to offload our highest paid one when the opportunity arose. That 400k can help sign a few depth players like okunbor, meany etc for cover. Or it can be money freed up to make a offer for a front rower or Hooker. Who knows but I just hope next year our starting line up is a lot better then what we have as I can’t do another year like the last 3

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I just think our issues run right through:

- Forwards not laying a foundation
- Less than stellar service from dummy half
- Inexperienced halves not providing backline options

If that keeps up even quality like the Fox will struggle. So I’m happy to cut players like Allen a bit of a break for now - until we can improve other key areas.
Forward not laying a foundation ?

I think you’ll find for the last 3 weeks that they have .

The other points I agree with and it’s the fact we lack quality in the spine that’s exaggerated the poor performances.

I believe Jonson and Burton halves combo is a mouth watering prospect as it gives you experience and creativity in abundance.

Dummy half is still an issue but I think with experience in the halves where they can take more control it doesn’t become a bigger issue.
I think with the pace of the game it suites JMK but there needs to be someone taking control.
It’s one of our big issues at the moment. None of our halves can take control and direct in the final 3rd

Fullback has been our Achilles heel since barba.

He was the difference in us being a top 4 contender to just a run of mill team which we have been since .

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Do we currently have a winger who can play better than him?? If not why are we letting him go now and not seasons end.
Could it be they have someone coming now?
Free up money and fill the hole in the 30?
Otherwise I don’t understand either.