Official Dallin Watene-Zelezniak signs with New Zealand Warriors

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
All of them have let the club down with their politics and buying off of loyalties.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Unity is strength...Divided we fall !!!
I largely agree. Regardless of individuals, previous power plays cost us greatly - more than once. Anyone who sets aside the ‘Club First’ ethos should not have a position of power. That said, we are a member run club - let the members decide who runs us, not any faction.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The problem is we are still signing players on big money but only difference now is they are not playing first grade. Two players on probably close to $1m of our cap playing Reggies- Allen and Flanno. We just bought them and now in Reggie's within a few months of coming over and big chunk of our cap gone for next 3 years. Sounds like we have to wait another 3 years like with God to get $1m back on the cap
Maybe have another think bud Allen has been injured.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair Dinkum Dog, How did you leave out Des Troyer Hasler's name of your list ?
The supper coach who's not only earned multi millions in contracts, most likely earning bonuses of signing bog average players on very high contracts...How else can we explain his atrocious behavior that brought the club down on it's knees !
I want to laugh but can't help getting angry !
Can't agree more, both of our past Legions Turvey and Baa said that he did not have or know the Bulldogs DNA.
Not sure what this DNA thing is , but what ever it is/was, he certainly did not have our club at heart, and that is the reason he milked it for all it was worth, both for himself and his Mates, Cleal, Foran, Trex, etc, etc.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Spin it as you wish to try to remain righteous.
Your version was wrong, end of.
Peponis and Dib were allies long before the Anderson ticket even surfaced.
So when you say ‘worried’ - yeah - he might’ve been, but for different reasons than you’re suggesting.
I am sure you know the reason and how it all started, just in case I will refresh your memory :grinning:
The year ( I think 2010 ) Dr Peponis gave his votes to Dib in an election ousting Dunn,
in return Dunn used the Andersons to oust Dib.
They are both gone now...That's KARMA :grinning:
without going into details, who was right and who was wrong or what led to all this...
They fell in a dirty political game when the enemies News Ltd and Nine Network that is the NRL were adding fuel to the fire !
What ever happened to Club first with these guys ?

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I largely agree. Regardless of individuals, previous power plays cost us greatly - more than once. Anyone who sets aside the ‘Club First’ ethos should not have a position of power. That said, we are a member run club - let the members decide who runs us, not any faction.
I had visitors over, you must have read my mind.
just posted some thing similar :grinning:

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can't agree more, both of our past Legions Turvey and Baa said that he did not have or know the Bulldogs DNA.
Not sure what this DNA thing is , but what ever it is/was, he certainly did not have our club at heart, and that is the reason he milked it for all it was worth, both for himself and his Mates, Cleal, Foran, Trex, etc, etc.
It is a very sad reality that soon all be forgotten when the glory days are back !

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I am sure you know the reason and how it all started, just in case I will refresh your memory :grinning:
The year ( I think 2010 ) Dr Peponis gave his votes to Dib in an election ousting Dunn,
in return Dunn used the Andersons to oust Dib.
They are both gone now...That's KARMA :grinning:
without going into details, who was right and who was wrong or what led to all this...
They fell in a dirty political game when the enemies News Ltd and Nine Network that is the NRL were adding fuel to the fire !
What ever happened to Club first with these guys ?
Yep - we agree that these people should work at the SHARKS :-). Media don’t concern me - News lost their power when they relinquished ownership in the game and Nine have been nothing in RL power since KP died and James decided gaming was his future (that hasn’t worked out so well either). Nine and News were the architects of the SL war - but now they just write/say what they want and who cares - if we are UNITED - we are the architects of our destiny which is what we all want - the Bulldogs to be successful - and when we are they won’t be able to say we’re not.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When the rumours came out about Des-troyer Hitler coming to the Bulldogs, I was at a medical center in Glebe, not being able to hide my joy I told the news to the nurse there a Bulldogs fan herself "she replied I hope not" he doesn't belong he doesn't suit our DNA and when I rubbished her claim she replied "I am a friend of the Hughes families and they believe that too"...How right was she !!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
When the rumours came out about Des-troyer Hitler coming to the Bulldogs, I was at a medical center in Glebe, not being able to hide my joy I told the news to the nurse there a Bulldogs fan herself "she replied I hope not" he doesn't belong he doesn't suit our DNA and when I rubbished her claim she replied "I am a friend of the Hughes families and they believe that too"...How right was she !!!
In hindsight :(

Despot was the current premiership winning coach. We thought he was a hard as nails winner that would take the club to new heights with cutting edge systems and fitness. Oh dear how'd that work out? We got robots.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In hindsight :(

Despot was the current premiership winning coach. We thought he was a hard as nails winner that would take the club to new heights with cutting edge systems and fitness. Oh dear how'd that work out? We got robots.
and calves blood!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
But you didnt rate Thommo remember said hes over paid and wouldn't make it as a front rower in the Nrl!
I don't think I said that (100% wouldn't make it as a prop in the NRL). I said last year he wasn't playing up to his price tag (* due to COVID season/his situation) and he's unproven in the NRL (all true and facts). It was a risk because it was unknown how he'd go, and it's worked out obviously. I just call it how I see it and that's how I saw it at the time. I'm sure we were all frothing over DWZ in 2019. I said we needed (and hoped) Thompson to be an elite prop in the NRL with what he's being paid and I'd say he's done that this year (maybe high end quality, which is fine).

Last edited:

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since we've lost DWZ what are your thoughts of signing Reuben Garrick from manly. A decent goal kicker, can play wing and fullback he's good in both positions.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Since we've lost DWZ what are your thoughts of signing Reuben Garrick from manly. A decent goal kicker, can play wing and fullback he's good in both positions.
He recently re-signed with Manly, another 2 years as per fox sports earlier this wk.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Doubt Manly would let him go, plus I think we have plenty of outside backs at the moment.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow.... get rid of our best player.... fkn genius!
He's a decent forward but if it's true that he's on north of 800K a season then that's a problem and Anderson and Hill can be blamed for paying that much. They claimed he was the best prop in the world at the time (flew to England twice to sign him) You can't pay money like that for someone totally untested in the NRL. We could have JWH, Papali, JFH, or Haas for less than that. - all players who would have much bigger impact in every game.