Official Dallin Watene-Zelezniak signs with New Zealand Warriors

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Let me add to this...
If fans knew of what I know about certain things that WERE planned to happen...
There would have been riots in Belmore !!!
Say NO MORE !!! :nomouth::nomouth::nomouth:
I know for fact that certain players towards the end of Hasler and Eastwood era were feigning injury and it was laughed about amongst a group of players in the context of "oh, so you're in the 'injured' brigade now too bro".
Thats the hole we have been trying to dig ourselves out of. Having some key players on big coin not putting in and encourage others to follow suit

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Well, if the transfer happens and he plays against us let’s hope he plays the ball backwards after we tackle him :-).
That was my point mate sometimes he makes crucial errors it’s almost a try assist for the opposition but other times he’ll get you out of your half with strong tough caries… the ultimate rocks and diamonds player.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That was my point mate sometimes he makes crucial errors it’s almost a try assist for the opposition but other times he’ll get you out of your half with strong tough caries… the ultimate rocks and diamonds player.
Yep. That’s why if he goes I’m not too worried.
Nice guy, not questioning his effort but we can do better and I’d wish him well.

The way some are carrying on though you’d think this was the world’s rich list :-):

1) Jeff Bezos
2) DWZ
3) Elon Musk
4) Bernard Arnault
5) Bill Gates

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
IKR, what is the big deal!! plus whatever excessive contract that was negotiated was signed about 2 years ago..

Last edited:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Nice guy, not questioning his effort but we can do better and I’d wish him well.

The way some are carrying on though you’d think this was the world’s rich list :-):

1) Jeff Bezos
2) DWZ
3) Elon Musk
4) Bernard Arnault
5) Bill Gates
Yeah mate Bezos, Musk and DWZ often switch positions on the rich list depending on the week.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah mate Bezos, Musk and DWZ often switch positions on the rich list spending on the week.
Maybe DWZ can shout the bar at the Leagues Club before leaving then. He’d have a few grand in the ash tray according to some :-).

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
but to be fair when was the last time the club confirmed any player's contract value?
Just someone asking at the Members meeting about the apparent about face on back ended contracts and/or who ever thought $800-$880k was an appropriate amount to pay DWZ will do :grinning:

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just someone asking at the Members meeting about the apparent about face on back ended contracts and/or who ever thought $800-$880k was an appropriate amount to pay DWZ will do :grinning:
yeah, but they won't admit to the $$$

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Yeah he’s definitely been overpaid and has a crucial crucial error in him at times but AT LEAST HE PUT IN FOR THE JERSEY! EVERYTIME! On that alone he has my respect forever! I hope the Warriors make the semis even more now.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Probably not but at least Members get to vent lol and reiterate to the Board that these types of overpayments do continue to wreck our future and fans do not support that.

If the Board want to counter that argument, they have to explain the reasoning for the (Anderson Board less Dunn etc)decision.

At least they are kept to some sort of accountability.

I'm sure most Dogs fans are fed up with inept decisions all round. To know they are a thing of the past, is well worth this Boards attention in explaining.

Elections next February.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As a few keep saying, its primarily the same Board.... less the Andersons and a few mates on that ticket.

Should we be worried :/
I think it’s something that needs to be asked why it happened again when they said no more back end deals under castle and Hasler

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe DWZ can shout the bar at the Leagues Club before leaving then. He’d have a few grand in the ash tray according to some :-).
Hahaha take us to Dynasty for a feed first then head over to the sports bar and watch a few replays of dogs grand final wins !

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Of course they won’t and nor do they have to.

Things change along the way and I’d love to see some of the TK experts around the boardroom table :tearsofjoy:.

For example, luckily Thommo is going well, but would we have signed him on the same terms knowing the set restart rule was coming in?

Or would we have signed Jacko for 3 years as we did in December 2019 given the forthcoming rule changes which suit some players and not so much others?

The truth is it’s never been / never will be a perfect science. The directors are not dopes and should be given due consideration for unpaid work they contribute with significant scrutiny to a club they genuinely want to succeed.

But keyboard warriors know better…

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah he’s definitely been overpaid and has a crucial crucial error in him at times but AT LEAST HE PUT IN FOR THE JERSEY! EVERYTIME! On that alone he has my respect forever! I hope the Warriors make the semis even more now.
Agree mate, and i hope he plays against us and runs right over Meaney for a four pointer :tearsofjoy: ...now i wait for a bite from @Kempsey Dog LOL

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

1) Jeff Bezos
2) DWZ
3) Elon Musk
4) Bernard Arnault
5) Bill Gates

If that was the official list, DWZ would be 1st and not 2nd LOL