Official Dallin Watene-Zelezniak signs with Bulldogs effective immediately.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Both their dads played with Pay too.
Jobs for the boys while we blame des for the cap situation the lynne and dean show
They have to go - long year - wasted dollars and potential to lose talent because of them.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't help but think the price tag mentioned is well over the top considering we weren't even close to out of salary cap trouble at the time. Just doesn't make sense that we'd have had that much room to move at the time. But don't let logic get in the way of criticizing a player or past admin.
I just checked and the $850K figure for DWZ for this year came from @alic and his mail has been spot on so far.
I'm sorry but for that price tag you better be a gun every week or you will cop shit from fans....that's just the way it is and always will be

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
be careful people here don’t like the truth .

let them know about dwz salary awhile back and they shot me down for it.
I wouldn’t take it personally. Incorrect mail is at an all time high here so you can’t blame people for being skeptical
You a re both right...
Still up until now people refuse to believe or confused !

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just checked and the $850K figure for DWZ for this year came from @alic and his mail has been spot on so far.
I'm sorry but for that price tag you better be a gun every week or you will cop shit from fans....that's just the way it is and always will be
Alic is right It was mentioned to me $750k or $850k
I believe Stimson is close to 1/2 mil
We all know Napa $650k
I forgot Thompson the world's best prop $850k
They unnecessarily topped up many contracts to ramp up their support, signed overpaid duds in the hope they would become something
They gambled $650k on the winger Cotric to turn him into a center, worth the gamble ?
The one thing I don't understand is why let go of so many players in attempt fix the salary cap yet we go on to pay similar figures to players of lesser quality ???
What started by Hasler Dib and Castle continued by The Andersons Pay and Hill in a different way :rage:

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hill and Pay...And the Andersons and Dunn :grinning:
Analysis of the Pay/Anderson Era-Footy signings wise:

A lot were very critical early last year but it was constantly pointed out the shocking salary cap mess left by Dib/Des/Rae. No money but there actially were some signings made.

Were there any good signings by that Board and Pay? I think we might have been hard on them for a reason. There is quite a bit of s.c. money tied up in these signings by Pay etc. So some money was available to be spent.

I think they could have done better with the pre 2021 signings.

DZW
Napa
Stimson
Britt
Priest
CHN
Crichton
Katoa
Sue
*Meaney
*Cogger
*Foran
* signed by Dib Board?

Re-sign
Lewis
Hoppa
For 2021 season
Thompson
Cotric

Didn't re-sign
Heaps

I think it's fair to judge them now after sitting back and unemotionally evaluating; and an honest assessment is it's probably not a pass mark.

In other areas of stabilizing the club in all areas after the turmoil of the previous Board, yes good job but purely on footy matters? No.

Please add to the roster where I have missed someone.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We all know Napa $650k
They unnecessarily topped up many contracts to ramp up their support, signed overpaid duds in the hope they would become something
They gambled $650k on the winger Cotric to turn him into a center, worth the gamble ?
The one thing I don't understand is why let go of so many players in attempt fix the salary cap yet we go on to pay similar figures to players of lesser quality ???
What started by Hasler Dib and Castle continued by The Andersons Pay and Hill in a different way :rage:
No idea if those figures are close to the mark but Anderson and Pay were so far out of their depth leading a professional club so over paying for some panic signings wouldn't surprise me at all. I'm just thankful we have turned the corner now and Dib, Des, Pay and Anderson are in the rear view mirror.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No idea if those figures are close to the mark but Anderson and Pay were so far out of their depth leading a professional club so over paying for some panic signings wouldn't surprise me at all. I'm just thankful we have turned the corner now and Dib, Des, Pay and Anderson are in the rear view mirror.
I think it's fair, and time, to "unemotionally" evaluate those years now.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Spoke to a couple of guys within the club today during today’s game. DWZ was discussed, Barrett was shocked when he found out the high salary that DWZ is on.
Barrett needs a few years to clear out the awful contracts done under Hill/Pay. Stimson also discussed, not rated at all. Also Harding, Barrett can’t believe he was even given a contract to be in the top 30 - struggles at training and should be at this level at all.
IF this is supposed to something recent then it's 100% BULLSHIT, Barrett was given the details of every player's contract before he committed, it was a stipulation that the Salary Cap compliance was audited before he would even consider an offer. Barrett knew what every one, players and football department staff were being paid before he signed on and it was the main item covered in the NDA.

Go Dogs

Last edited:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
be careful people here don’t like the truth .

let them know about dwz salary awhile back and they shot me down for it.
Thats because you said he was on$850k. Very unlikely, back ended or not.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
IF this is suposed to something recent then it's 100% BULLSHIT, Barrett was given the details of every player's contract before he committed, it was a stipulation that the Salary Cap compliance was audited before he would even consider an offer. Barrett knew what every one, players and football department staff were being paid before he signed on and it was the main item covered in the NDA.

Go Dogs
What's your point? Of course Tbaz would want to know every detail about contracts and the clubs cap position it doesn't mean he would like what he saw.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What's your point? Of course Tbaz would want to know every detail about contracts and the clubs cap position it doesn't mean he would like what he saw.
Barrett's only concern was how to mitigate the figures he saw and how to put a competitive team together despite that....and if it was possible.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
IF this is suposed to something recent then it's 100% BULLSHIT, Barrett was given the details of every player's contract before he committed, it was a stipulation that the Salary Cap compliance was audited before he would even consider an offer. Barrett knew what every one, players and football department staff were being paid before he signed on and it was the main item covered in the NDA.

Go Dogs
The timing might be wrong but the figures aren't >:(

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
IF this is supposed to something recent then it's 100% BULLSHIT, Barrett was given the details of every player's contract before he committed, it was a stipulation that the Salary Cap compliance was audited before he would even consider an offer. Barrett knew what every one, players and football department staff were being paid before he signed on and it was the main item covered in the NDA.
The first 7 words are my point. Barrett knew ~9 months ago what every one was being paid.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So what? If Tbaz wasn't happy with the amounts they were getting 9 months ago he's probably still unhappy about it now.
You still missed the point, obviously even if it's true, which it isn't it, it is not something recent.

Go Dogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You still missed the point, obviously even if its true, which it isn't it, it is not something something recent.

Go Dogs
But recent or not is not the point the poster you replied to implied.

It was the amt DWZ was supposed to be on that shocked Barratt. There is nothing surprising in that statement.

It couldn't be recent as you agreed bc Baz saw the contracts before signing.

You appear to have gone off half cocked TT.

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I think @TwinTurbo’s point might also be that whilst the cap and contract situation might not have been 100% ideal (it rarely is for any club - Tigers, Sea Eagles) - it’s not nearly as grim as it was in 2017 when Madge looked at our books and declined to take the conversation further, knowing it would be 3 years+ before he could start to shape a roster he was happy with. That said, I’m glad Madge isn’t our coach and he went on to do a similar thing with the Tigers (inherit a crook roster taking years to fix). I don’t blame the previous administrators for trying to entice some talent to our club at a time when few options were available.

Additionally, Baz obviously had a view beyond 2021. 8 players gone end of 2020, a similar or greater number likely end of 2021. By 2022/23 he will have his stamp on the roster - a natural attrition for any new coach.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all know Napa $650k
I forgot Thompson the world's best prop $850k
FMD that is horrible. And we're stuck with DWZ and Stimson until NEXT year.
I think Thompson and Cotric were worth the gamble. We needed them to get the wheels in motion so I'm OK with those signings even if we did pay overs.