Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Poor fella. Hopefully a good year for him this year

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No excuses, looking at the wider picture...
DWZ left Penrith supposedly as a result of a fallout with some of the playing group after reporting their misconducts, him being a senior player.
He turns up at Canterbury and has a brilliant half a season at fullback.
Out of desperation our brilliant management and coach sign him on a massive contract.
In the meantime the genius management and coach continue on their madness rebuild not only sending the fans mad but the players too !!!
BUT I still disagree on his pay check .

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bit harsh some of the comments on here. I've got no doubt his form last year would've taken a pretty big toll on his mental health, he came over as one of the team's leaders and probably one of the few players we had that had a bit of an x factor and he had an absolute shocker. At least he's come out publicly and acknowledged it.

The fact that he's on so much coin doesn't sit well with me either but that's really the fault of our management at the time.
Harsh maybe to some, but i don't think so. They are paid very good money to do their job, not to come out in the media and make excuses for their poor displays.

What excuse does DWZ have for the shit defence in last week's trial where it looks like nothing had changed in that area over past few years where we leaked way too many tries down our right side of defence with DWZ left wanting last week? Our right side defence has already been exposed as weak where simple reads look worse than park footy.

There should be no excuses. We have recruited well, a new coach and great support staff. I don't expect perfection ever game but we can't continue to make the same old rookie errors. There comes a time where players have to stand up and show their ability as to why they are paid what they are getting in the NRL.

Sorry, these pissy little excuses from this year forward won't wash with me and many fans especially when we see no improvements in individuals. It's now time to shut up and let their footy do the talking, stand up, toughen the f*ck up and play to the best of their ability

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
FMD, hes put his hand up and said he fucked up.
Depression is real no matter how much money your on.
Not his fault the Club offered him big coin, what fucking idiot wouldnt take it?

He played poor last year, we all know it.
Hopefully he has a better year and finds form otherwise he'll be moved on.

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
When you play in a shit team with shit people around you, you become shit like them and develop a pathetic loser mentality. This season, things have changed. We have virtually a new team. DWZ will lift and be better.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree with whoever said stop these ***** talking..not sure we need this type of attention, ACTIONS will set you free Dallin not sooking..i.e play to your potential if you wouldn't mind? and then fuck off when Des or some other sucker shows interest.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mental health is all relative guys. There a defs people doing it worse than him but his brain is wired with what its been accustomed too. If anything, that salary probably made his mental state worse. There was a lot of pressure on him and im glad he has been trying to leave it behind. All the best DWZ

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think his situation is not dissimilar to many players in low performing teams. Hopefully for everyone’s sake he can get back to a bit of form.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
DWZ was never worth those $$$...a shockingly inconsistent player with terrible hands. Thankfully the clowns that offered him that deal are gone.
Nor Napa.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It takes courage to come out say what he said - it's a dark place to be in when you're questioning your job.

The only way to fix a problem is to admit there is a problem to begin with.

Hope he gets all the help he needs.

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Harsh maybe to some, but i don't think so. They are paid very good money to do their job, not to come out in the media and make excuses for their poor displays.

What excuse does DWZ have for the shit defence in last week's trial where it looks like nothing had changed in that area over past few years where we leaked way too many tries down our right side of defence with DWZ left wanting last week? Our right side defence has already been exposed as weak where simple reads look worse than park footy.

There should be no excuses. We have recruited well, a new coach and great support staff. I don't expect perfection ever game but we can't continue to make the same old rookie errors. There comes a time where players have to stand up and show their ability as to why they are paid what they are getting in the NRL.

Sorry, these pissy little excuses from this year forward won't wash with me and many fans especially when we see no improvements in individuals. It's now time to shut up and let their footy do the talking, stand up, toughen the f*ck up and play to the best of their ability
The tries down his side last week weren't his fault , Tr
The 1st try waddel didn't slide quick enough so everyone had to hold their mark a fraction longer then they had too

2nd Try it was 4 on 3 from the scrum , a rookie mistake from Allan

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hold on a sec.

Let's back up here. He signed for us. Absolutely played out of his skin for us on his arrival. As a result, we gave him an extension with the dollars associated - did that form warrant the money he is reported only? If that form continued - absolutely. But based on form last year - hell no.

Apart of me is hoping both he and Napa have cracker seasons just to shut some people up on this forum. They're both good players when a team is going well. So let's see how they go when we are even more competitive, which I am hoping will happen under Baz. PS - this isn't me wanting them to be re-signed to a 10 year deal, just me wanting to see the best out of our most experienced players. If they can hit their straps again - I am sure we will be better for it.
in no universe is DWZ worth anywhere near the money he is "allegedly" on..

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

No issues with anyone criticizing his defensive reads or his overall form. My comment was more around those having a go at him stating he was going through mental health issues, which is pretty outrageous really. I honestly don't think he was making excuses either, he was just saying his bad form got him down and he got in his own head too much.

Also don't really understand those saying they wish players would shut up and do their talking on the field. I mean yeah sure but do we just want a bunch of robots saying 'no comment' every time a reporter asks a question? This is part of being a professional athlete. It's not like he was making claims about how many tries he was going to score this season.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did all these ***** just have picnics during Dean Pay pre seasons? Fmd
Last year some of the guys were playing golf 3 times a week after training.

In fact some days they were done at 1:30-2. Absolutely fucking disgraceful what the coaching staff passed off as training and an even further disgrace management let that happen. We were gassed in every game we played.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

In fact some days they were done at 1:30-2. Absolutely fucking disgraceful what the coaching staff passed off as training and an even further disgrace management let that happen. We were gassed in every game we played.
It was being run like a local A grade side. Deano had beers to drink as soon as the clock hit 2pm.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
in no universe is DWZ worth anywhere near the money he is "allegedly" on..
Did you read my post? or my follow up?

The stupid morons at the club paid him handsomely off the back of 2.5 months worth of awesome performances for us in 2019. As I said, only people without short memories can recall the vigor he added to our side when he came onboard.

Was it the right decision? Of course not!
Had that form continued into 2020 would we be having this conversation? Probably not.
Is it shit that we have to cop his salary for 2 years? Yeah, sure.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Athletes have heaps on time off though...it's why so many are piss heads and get caught fucking around doing dumb shit.