News Daley urges Cotric to stay at Canberra for less

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i can see paying a bit of overs for a player in a key position as reasonable to fill that key position, paying cotric big overs would be a mistake, decent offer for a decent player, he is a decent player, rebuilding has to start somewhere

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Get your big snoz out of it Loz

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is where Dib/des fucked up letting graham go so they could get woods.
Look at Newcastle they have the Johns bro’s on TV constantly talking their clubs up . The bulldogs don’t have any media personalities talking them up , Graham on 360 was a good ambassador. Instead the bulldogs have Ennis and Anasta and because they left to go elsewhere they bag the club .
The war for players is not only fought with management by via the media

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Daley does make a good point about the environment. And what is Nic expected to do? He needs quality ball.. and he’ll need to play behind a forward back moving forward. He is surrounded by good players in Canberra. The blue print needs to be put in front of him and the coach involved in negotiations... but we don’t even know who the coach will be yet..

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
I rate Cotric and my mate is a mad Raiders fan who is spewing that there’s even talk of him leaving, but let’s be realistic - the only person who thinks $750K is even remotely possible is his manager.

$600K and the opportunity to play in the centres should be more than enough but as we all know, the uncertainty around the club, coach and roster management makes these seemingly simple negotiations nearly impossible at the moment.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should be offering 600K per season which is a fair amount and 100K per year more than the Raiders. Remind him that's 300K more over 3 years. Show him the Ferrari he could buy with that extra 300K (link below). Tell him about how close we are to signing a number of other decent players (tell him secret info on the hush hush about any new players that have already agreed to come to the Dogs also IF ANY). Tell him we'll be dumping Dean Pay soon for the England coach or Bennett and Ennis. Remind him that the Raiders have only been top 4 for a short time and they could easily fall back to the pack at any time like Ricky Stuart coached teams have in the past. Remind him what a hole inland Canberra is compared to Sydney (he can live near the beach at Cronulla)

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-ferrari-california-t-auto/OAG-AD-18935665/?Cr=30

Last edited:

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
as much as i hate to admit it, hes right.. club is a mess right now, why would you... it would be completely different if you could see we were building to something and next year being a big year in terms of performance on the pitch but we aren't even close, not by a long shot!

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Especially considering he couldn’t out Curtis Scott for a centre position . And even this week Oldfield is in the centres

Would rather Stephen Crichton and I reckon we could get him for 400-500k
I totally agree and im sure we could get chricton for cheaper than that seeing he is just a rookie.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I saw it taking us 700k a while back to lure Cotric (I'd be happy for us to pay 700k). Not sure how I feel about 750k. I'd probably pass.
So you wouldn’t sign him for an extra 50k a season? GTFO with your overs BS

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So you wouldn’t sign him for an extra 50k a season? GTFO with your overs BS
You have to set a limit and that's tops (for me). I'll say what I like because it's more right than any dribble that you come up with.

Today you said throw 2m at Fifita.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pass on 750k for cotric.
We could sign a genuine centre pairing in moga and aitken for the same price. Staggs yes for $750k id hate to mark that kid!

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You have to set a limit and that's tops (for me). I'll say what I like because it's more right than any dribble that you come up with.

Today you said throw 2m at Fifita.
For a season. After Cotric and Fafita there are limited quality players on the market so why not get them here and work on making them stay??

With the amount of overs you spend on crap you would have 2 million tied up with Green , Elliot and Milford. Clown

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
For a season. After Cotric and Fafita there are limited quality players on the market so why not get them here and work on making them stay??

With the amount of overs you spend on crap you would have 2 million tied up with Green , Elliot and Milford. Clown
So to "strengthen" your "point" you're just making stuff up. Well done champ. Next time pull me up on something that I've said that didn't eventuate (even tho it's my opinion, I've never said I have inside information). I said many moons ago Cotric would take 700k. What's happening? I've also said we should never pay overs on overs and no longer then three years.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If signing Cotric for 750k is rebuilding then Latrell at 800k was a fucking steal.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If signing Cotric for 750k is rebuilding then Latrell at 800k was a fucking steal.
Latrell was worth 700k at centre when he was at the Roosters. The Roosters even offered Latrell 800k (a club that doesn't pay overs). If there was any possiblity to get Latrell for 900k-1m or even less at the time it would of made sense (maybe some more of you are seeing it now that we've signed no one?). If cheaper than even better.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Reality is we won't get any player unless we pay overs!

The question should be, is Crotic high profile enough to attract other players? My answer Yes but who cares WHEN PAY IS COACH!

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So to "strengthen" your "point" you're just making stuff up. Well done champ. Next time pull me up on something that I've said that didn't eventuate (even tho it's my opinion, I've never said I have inside information). I said many moons ago Cotric would take 700k. What's happening? I've also said we should never pay overs on overs and no longer then three years.
Who said I was trying to strengthen my point? This is a forum where BS rules except where you are always right but now 50k is overs on overs. Go look in the mirror and remind yourself you are the champ

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who said I was trying to strengthen my point? This is a forum where BS rules except where you are always right but now 50k is overs on overs. Go look in the mirror and remind yourself you are the champ
Yes, an extra 50k on top of 700k (for me this is tops) for Cotric is considered overs on overs to me. Raiders are offering 500k. If you need an extra 250k on a player only on 500k you don't do it, thank u, next.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes, an extra 50k on top of 700k for Cotric is considered overs on overs to me.
So your taking the word of a journo that’s what we are offering. Their always right

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So your taking the word of a journo that’s what we are offering. Their always right
I think Cotric is worth around 500k and I think it'd cost us 700k to sign him. That's without any journos. I've been talking about this long before this article.