Social Media Dale finucane

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nice mate.

If you do not mind me asking.. how did you dig this up!?

It's a very good site for information but still quite a few seasons to go. The NRL SHOULD be paying them some money for this valuable database as everybody who like rugby league including commentators uses it. There's the odd error here & there but pretty accurate.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can you be sure Finucane wouldn't regress after going from a highly functioning top tier team to a struggling one where he will be under so much pressure? I can't.....don't get me wrong, I'd welcome finucane if he wants to come back....and it wouldn't be a bad thing for the careers of Elliott and a number of other players if they ended up elsewhere. But I don't think what we do with the cheque book will matter if our footy department doesn't have a clear and cohesive vision. We can buy whomever we want, our fortunes won't change until we change our structures and ultimately rebuild our junior nursery. It's gonna be a long haul.

Given the farcical nature of the current product, I'm not sure I really care what we do. Even if the club is fixed the NRL will still be broken.
So... what you are actually saying is that Flanno is better than this?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So... what you are actually saying is that Flanno is better than this?
Well, he's no superstar and he needs a running game.....but look at his round one performance.....there is some potential there. This is not the idea environment for it to be nurtured.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well, he's no superstar and he needs a running game.....but look at his round one performance.....there is some potential there. This is not the idea environment for it to be nurtured.
Pffft, practically everyone is a superstar these days, the bar is pretty low.

But yes, we've lost key aspects of culture over the years, the environment that used to be full of plentiful rain, nutrients, good soil, and earthworms is now more akin to the sands of the Sahara Dessert, not very nurturing at all.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dale $500-$600k 2-3 years perfect for our club anything above that no thanks
He would be a great asset to our forward pack. I read online he wants four lol. I would offer 2 years max with a 3rd in the club’s favour.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
So how is it that no other team picked him up??
I bumped into him at my gym and he told me he had a contract with the eels. He wasn’t that bad for us when he returned. Would be a handy pick up on a minimum.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With apologies to @utility half I would actually prefer Finucane over Elliott. If there was one legit complaint with Dale when he was in the blue and white it was his error and penalty rate. It seemed like he dropped one and gave one away every game, at times and game situations when it was really noticeable.

He was given time to reduce this, but kept doing it, so he was let go. Sometimes a change of club is good for a player in that they discover that it isn't something they want to do too often, and it provides motivation to fix the issues that have been pointed out to them. The other major advantage for Dale is that Bellamy worked with him.

We really needed Elliott to figure out how to cut out some of the errors and penalties before we re-signed him. How things have changed since 2014...
I don't want Finucane for the ridiculous price he's asking for but I too would rather an old Finucane over Elliott for the same price he's on any day of the week.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I bumped into him at my gym and he told me he had a contract with the eels. He wasn’t that bad for us when he returned. Would be a handy pick up on a minimum.
No thanks. That's what people said last year, and he was very ordinary.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The Titans have done it with Fifita so that's incorrect.
No he isn't, the first year included the Titans paying his family's "relocation costs" which is outside the Cap. The contract value in the Cap is the same for all 3 years.

FWIW not everything reported in Zerotackle is accurate, especially in Cap terms, which after all is the only thing that matters.

Always a Bulldog