Social Media Dale finucane

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All I payed attention to from that article, is that Smith is likely to remain in Melbourne for 22..
So I guess that confirms we haven’t signed him..at least as of now.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A two year deal for 400k would be fair for both sides..

His leadership and experience would be invaluable as would his defence and toughness. His injury history and mileage worry me long term though.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We're going to be linked to every half decent off contract player until we have most of our roster filled. At this point signing Finucane would very much be a scenario of if the price is right he'd be a good signing. But he'd have to be considered a moderately short term part of the squad at this stage. He's still a good solid player in most aspects of the game. Tackles hard and runs hard too. But isn't a creative forward and would be an increased injury risk considering that he'd have copped a lot of minor injuries due to the fact that his one defining attribute was that he's been very much a kamikaze style of player over the years who just throws as much aggression possible into attack and defense.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
A two year deal for 400k would be fair for both sides..

His leadership and experience would be invaluable as would his defence and toughness. His injury history and mileage worry me long term though.
100% but somebody like tigers will offer him $600k for 3 years no doubt. Good luck to him I guess.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
100% but somebody like tigers will offer him $600k for 3 years no doubt. Good luck to him
I guess.
You're probably right. And I'd wish him luck if he got that deal. But I'd hope it wasn't with us because by that third season I could see him struggling to get on the park or be as effective.