Social Media Dale Finucane

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was a player Des never should have let go but he's not someone we should bring back at this stage of his career.

He had a few injuries this season, has had his share of head knocks and looked less mobile and impactful this year.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
should not have let him go in the first place but we did and his best years are now in the rear view mirror... should not be brought back

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Point taken.
I guess in recent years with how exhausted Jackson has played it's easy to forget what he achieved & the burden of the under achieving that we as a club dished up..
What I do remember from that era was Gillet usually getting the points over Jackson..
Jackson was fantastic a few years back. He has sadly declined massively. Im very confident that he will turn it around next year with some quality around him. Our whole team should improve drastically. I will be surprised if we are not pushing for the 8 tbh.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was a player Des never should have let go but he's not someone we should bring back at this stage of his career.

He had a few injuries this season, has had his share of head knocks and looked less mobile and impactful this year.
We'd still have him if Des didn't sign T-rex on 600k in 2013.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Na fuck it.

He can stay there.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we didn’t extend Elliott’s contract I would take him back in a heartbeat. I noticed he started on the bench towards the backend of the season. If we were interested in him where would he play? It would be an expensive bench option and I don’t think he good on the edges

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If we didn’t extend Elliott’s contract I would take him back in a heartbeat. I noticed he started on the bench towards the backend of the season. If we were interested in him where would he play? It would be an expensive bench option and I don’t think he good on the edges
Yeah, if we were replacing Elliott with him, I wouldn't mind. But to have both, no thanks.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
elliott and finnucane are 2 different players. Finnucane is only a middle where elliott can play edge

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
elliott and finnucane are 2 different players. Finnucane is only a middle where elliott can play edge
Help me out, did he play middle or edge with us? Completely forgot.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I would take him for next year for 2 years but release napa to some poor sucker otherwise nope.

Diatribe 2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Very few forwards in this era couldn’t play both middle and edge
Increasingly we will see more players doing both
Someone like a Napa is a rare exception who can only play middle
Have a sense those guys are on the way out of the game

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Help me out, did he play middle or edge with us? Completely forgot.
He played off the bench for ages when our pack was stacked and then was starting lock for a bit. I don't think he played much on an edge as that was never his game.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't believe he's still in his 20's... But have a go at all the ageist's on here.

Where's the data to say that 31 is too old to be an NRL forward?

A 31 year old man is seasoned, more muscular, has muscle memory, has muscles, can lift..... Oh my gosh I'm just going to get some fresh air

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't believe he's still in his 20's... But have a go at all the ageist's on here.

Where's the data to say that 31 is too old to be an NRL forward?

A 31 year old man is seasoned, more muscular, has muscle memory, has muscles, can lift..... Oh my gosh I'm just going to get some fresh air
I'm 30 so nearly there.