Social Media Dale Finucane

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Too similar to Elliott imo. We lack a tackle busting big body that can create quick play the balls.

Spencer Leniu is who we should be going after.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We should be looking at Leniu, Flegler and Guler. I'm sure a few others will pop up too. I wouldn't mind Finucane on the cheap for a year or two to finish career if we missed out on everyone else. I think you'd just use him as a prop, not the best modern day lock imo.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We should be looking at Leniu, Flegler and Guler. I'm sure a few others will pop up too. I wouldn't mind Finucane on the cheap for a year or two to finish career if we missed out on everyone else. I think you'd just use him as a prop, not the best modern day lock imo.
Leniu and Guler would be great.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. Jackson was the better of the two.
Have to disagree there...but each to their own..
Jackson plays an edge & Finucane plays middle so it's hard to compare.
However in the time that Fin has been at Melb he has regularly played rep footy (& played bloody well!), Jackson has rarely played.
If we were defending our try line & our opponents were coming in a bus i know i would have my money on Finucane to stop them..he would put his body in front of the bus & either die or die trying before seeing them go in....true country grit...hard to replicate!! Jackson has a similar mentality but just not the body to back up the intent!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
However in the time that Fin has been at Melb he has regularly played rep footy (& played bloody well!), Jackson has rarely played.
If we were defending our try line & our opponents were coming in a bus i know i would have my money on Finucane to stop them..he would put his body in front of the bus & either die or die trying before seeing them go in....true country grit...hard to replicate!! Jackson has a similar mentality but just not the body to back up the intent!
Finucane has 4 caps in the city v country series and 2 appearences for the blues.

Jackson by comparison has 3 city country appearences, 2 appearances for Australia and 9 for the blues.

Comparing the two, I'd say that Jackson was a pretty hard player with plenty of skill. Finucane is just hard hitting and that's it.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Each to their own. However you are wrong about finucane playing regular rep footy. He has played 2 games for NSW, thats it. Jackson has played 9 games for NSW and 2 test matches for Australia. Finucane had the luxury of playing for a team stacked with superstars, while Jackson carried our club for years. If Jackson had star strike power and quality halves around him for all thes years he would probably have played even more rep footy. There is a wealth of quality backrowers in the game which makes it hard to play origin year in year out, but Jackson did it for 3 years and was considered for captain at the time.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Each to their own. However you are wrong about finucane playing regular rep footy. He has played 2 games for NSW, thats it. Jackson has played 9 games for NSW and 2 test matches for Australia. Finucane had the luxury of playing for a team stacked with superstars, while Jackson carried our club for years. If Jackson had star strike power and quality halves around him for all thes years he would probably have played even more rep footy. There is a wealth of quality backrowers in the game which makes it hard to play origin year in year out, but Jackson did it for 3 years and was considered for captain at the time.
Point taken.
I guess in recent years with how exhausted Jackson has played it's easy to forget what he achieved & the burden of the under achieving that we as a club dished up..
What I do remember from that era was Gillet usually getting the points over Jackson..

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finucane has 4 caps in the city v country series and 2 appearences for the blues.

Jackson by comparison has 3 city country appearences, 2 appearances for Australia and 9 for the blues.

Comparing the two, I'd say that Jackson was a pretty hard player with plenty of skill. Finucane is just hard hitting and that's it.
Point taken re appearances, though Finucane has so much more to his game than just big hits.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’d take him if no other options were available. Napa will be gone by then.