Dale Finucane suspended for 2 games

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Apparently it's illegal to have a head clash now.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nrlol

Nothing more to say.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
In today's game that is light because everyone loves finucane. TPJ, Hethrington or Latrell would of got sent off and 5 weeks.
It was a head clash only.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know he’s a nice guy and played for us and we hear the same old line’s of “this is out character” and “that’s not who Dale is”, but to only cop TWO weeks for that while Waddell copped FIVE for a “supposed” eye gouge, which it clearly wasn’t shows just how out of touch the NRL are with fans of the game.

Surely Finucane could have pulled out that, he left the line like a missile and never stopped!

If that had been Hetherington or Waddell the would’ve got 1 to 2 years.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I know he’s a nice guy and played for us and we hear the same old line’s of “this is out character” and “that’s not who Dale is”, but to only cop TWO weeks for that while Waddell copped FIVE for a “supposed” eye gouge, which it clearly wasn’t shows just how out of touch the NRL are with fans of the game.

Surely Finucane could have pulled out that, he left the line like a missile and never stopped!

If that had been Hetherington or Waddell the would’ve got 1 to 2 years.
Have no doubt if it was Hetherington...def 1 year at least. :grinning:

Be interesting to see if he gets the same judicial over the top treatment at the Knights next year. I'm guessing not.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It was a head clash only.
It was but I think there was a bit of recklessness in that as well as he went up really fast. Players don't normally do that, I guess they're just trying to stamp out players getting head injuries.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I normally agree with Gus on most things but for the life of me how on earth can he say that this wasn’t even worth a penalty!

Finucane might be one of the nicest blokes in the competition but the fact he came out of the line like a missile and didn’t STOP says he got off extremely lightly when you see the damage he did to Chricton. He could’ve slowed down but didn’t. What would Hetherington get if this were him?

Yet somehow Waddell gets 5 weeks for an eye gouge that clearly wasn’t. Haven’t heard Gus comment on that decision yet on Twitter.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Waddell copped FIVE for a “supposed” eye gouge, which it clearly wasn’t shows just how out of touch the NRL are with fans of the game.
When a player is put on report they are usually told what for, "high tackle", "crusher" etc. What was Waddle put on report for, surely it had to be eye gouging? Because that was what Tino accused him of and what he complained to the ref about. But the NRL is sneaky, they knew he would get off any eye gouging charge so they charged him with "Ungraded Dangerous Contact". Nice and vague so they can manoeuvre around any defence of what should be an explicit charge.

Always a Bulldog

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
In today's game that is light because everyone loves finucane. TPJ, Hethrington or Latrell would of got sent off and 5 weeks.
for someone as good as Dale, it was shocking tackle technique and it was dangerous. Definitely a sin bin and a week. He was lucky his head hit him as his shoulder was going to hit him flush in the head and he would have been sent.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
for someone as good as Dale, it was shocking tackle technique and it was dangerous. Definitely a sin bin and a week. He was lucky his head hit him as his shoulder was going to hit him flush in the head and he would have been sent.
So if a player headbutts another player that would be a send off offence and also on report but I a guy can come out of the line at warp speed and hit the opposing player in the head causing a severe laceration to his ear lobe and some say it wasn't even worth a penalty!

He never slowed down he flew out of the line and hit him flush with his head to the side of his face and cops only 2 weeks because he's a nice guy but Waddell copped 5 weeks for his hand across Tino's eyes and copped 5 weeks. I would've thought the penalties should've been the other way around.

NRL are really losing faith with a LOT of the their fans.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So if a player headbutts another player that would be a send off offence and also on report but I a guy can come out of the line at warp speed and hit the opposing player in the head causing a severe laceration to his ear lobe and some say it wasn't even worth a penalty!

He never slowed down he flew out of the line and hit him flush with his head to the side of his face and cops only 2 weeks because he's a nice guy but Waddell copped 5 weeks for his hand across Tino's eyes and copped 5 weeks. I would've thought the penalties should've been the other way around.

NRL are really losing faith with a LOT of the their fans.
agree mate

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fair suspension. Suspension is for being reckless and dangerous. Head clash is not relevant.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
These days rushing out of the line for a shot is like 75-85% chance for a penalty the way you can't control it, will be getting coached out of the game soon imo