Dale Finucane - 2013 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's definitely overtaken Josh Jackson. Toughness and ability in spades! He's got a massive future.
I don't know about that ! They are both great players with an abundance of potential.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Different kind of player to josh, I think dale is more likely to break a game open with a huge hit or late offload where josh is just tireless and very consistent.

We're blessed to have two young guys of their calibre and talent in our squad, both guys are future stars IMO.

Hopefully they stay with the club for years to come once tank and co retire.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
His got about 10 kilos on Jackson but I still think Jackson's just in front of him. They're both future rep players

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's definitely overtaken Josh Jackson. Toughness and ability in spades! He's got a massive future.
I don't know about that ! They are both great players with an abundance of potential.
They're both very talented forwards with different playing styles. The club's priority is to keep them both at the Bulldogs

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They both play different roles in our team you can't really compare them like that

silva

Utility
Reaction score
How good is this bloke. Never stopped tying today and put some good hits and offloads on.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah he is probably my favourite player. Love his 100 miles an hour approach to everything.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
First thread I opened tonight some Neville was bagging him.

Was easily one of our best today.

trailie

Waterboy
Reaction score
If only Tony Williams had half the heart this lad shows. Finucane has been one of our best this season. Let down poorly by others around him.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes he ran and hit hard but dropped a bit of ball today

silva

Utility
Reaction score
At least we know that our backrow department is in good stead for years to come with Finucane and Jackson in the ranks.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
At least we know that our backrow department is in good stead for years to come with Finucane and Jackson in the ranks.
These guys are brilliant. Let's just hope that they don't get a manager who can talk them into breaking their contracts for higher money elsewhere.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A future great for the Doggies!! with his mate Jackson....Future SOO players.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Dale took a hit-up in the final stages of the game, something about his physique, tackle evasion, wide shoulders reminded me of Steve Price. Taking into account the completely different jersey (snug fit now v's old style Price jersey) and obvious position played....very surprising, indeed!

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
listening to the game on the radio it seemed he bombed a certain try that could've won us the game and then dropped the ball that allowed Knights to score their last

silva

Utility
Reaction score
listening to the game on the radio it seemed he bombed a certain try that could've won us the game and then dropped the ball that allowed Knights to score their last
he dropped a ball on halfway from memory. He also took many hitups where he ran courageous lines full throttle and received the ball right at the line taking the big hit.
An error here or there is fine as long as the effort is there. Some of our older players should take a leaf out of finucanes book.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Drops too much damn ball, but other than that he goes well.

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
not sure about bombing a try but he was close to the line with 1 maybe 2 defenders in his way when he tryed a silly flick pass to no one , i'll have to watch the replay but i was thinking that would've been a good chance to wrap up the game.
Anyways he was one of the boys that gave 100% yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.