News Daine Laurie caught celebrating GF win in Panthers jersey.. LOL!

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Screenshot_20211007_111921.jpg

UPDATE: Wests Tigers player of the year, fullback Daine Laurie, has apologised after he was seen wearing his former club's jersey while celebrating the Panthers' grand final victory on Sunday night.

Laurie was named the joint Kelly-Barnes medallist alongside Luke Brooks as the Tigers' player of the year last week but that didn't stop him from showing support for his old team as images emerged of Laurie celebrating Penrith's grand final win, much to the displeasure of diehard Tigers fans.

Laurie made his debut for the Panthers last season before being granted a release due to the wealth of talent Penrith had at the fullback position.

According to The Sydney Morning Herald the jersey he was seen wearing was the same one in which he made his NRL debut.

"I'm really sorry, it was really dumb on my behalf," Laurie told the Herald.

"I shouldn't have done it. I was just happy for my mates to win the grand final.

"Obviously I was watching the grand final and had a few drinks, I was with a few mates.

"I was happy for Penrith to win, I grew up and went to school with nearly all the players in the side. I grew a good relationship while I was with them for the last five years, I was happy for them."

The 22-year-old, on a deal reportedly worth $140,000 this year, scored seven tries in 19 games and played well above his salary in snaring enough votes to be named joint best and fairest for 2021.

It's understood Tigers officials aren't happy about the photo, even though they have no doubts about his commitment to the club.

"It was just silly, I put on the jersey and had a drive around town to see what it was like," Laurie said.

"I obviously got caught on camera which is a bit silly on my behalf.

"It should never have happened."

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahaha. Does anyone wear a Tigers jersey anyway?

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck some people are over the top I was reading the Tigers Facebook group and there fourm and that many of them dumb fucks called for him to be sacked over it he was supporting his mates who he went to school with who he come through the lower grades with and the bitching and moaning coming from there supporters where over the top yer it probably wasn't the best look having another teams jumper on but he has done nothing wrong imo he was one of Tigers better players all year and he put in for them week in week out the media are also a bunch of C**ts for even making a big deal about it

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if he's on 140k then perhaps they pay him market value and he can stop wearing the panther's jersey. If the riff were chipping in for his salary then it would be appropriate to be seen in the jersey.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'd honestly be fucking furious if one of our players was wearing another teams jersey like this, I could understand as a bet for charity of something but this just seems fucking ridiculous to me.

It's like if Rashford wears a LIverpool jersey at the end of the season because his good mate Trent just won the League and Champions League again. I'm sure United fans would be furious while Keane might even go as far as to murder him.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At least the 2nd thread on this ? who fukn cares ....

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Tigers should sack him. I'm sure we could find room for him. lol

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd honestly be fucking furious if one of our players was wearing another teams jersey like this, I could understand as a bet for charity of something but this just seems fucking ridiculous to me.

It's like if Rashford wears a LIverpool jersey at the end of the season because his good mate Trent just won the League and Champions League again. I'm sure United fans would be furious while Keane might even go as far as to murder him.
Gary and Phil Neville opposed each other as rival captains when Manchester United played Everton and they refused to even acknowledge each other's presence in the tunnel beforehand... just stared straight ahead

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

They should be more pissed off about some of the duds who are wearing their jerseys....lol

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not really because Rashford didn't play for Liverpool or support them as a kid.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

You need a haircut and an off season..