Daily Telegraph copying direct from the kennel

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
just a question regarding some of the things the daily telegraph print in their papers.

often here on the kennel contributors will post information for fellow kennelers to read and enjoy regarding the club, players and whats happening , then within 24 hours it just about appears word for word in the daily telegraph

a prime example was yesterday reading about Raelene Castle and the question and answer piece, then 1 hour ago it appears on the telegraph site.

now these jurnos have laws protecting copyright and the legal side of people stealing and using their information, yet it looks very much like they are pinching articles and comments directly from here

does the kennel have any copyright to whats displayed here by its contributors

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Old news. They have been doing it for years. It is one reason we are tough on unsubstantiated rumour threads, and have a thread labelled rumour mill

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Telegraph wouldn't be copying views I've posted on almost all of their journalists here.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
lol what do you mean by copyright? All people do here is post opinion in a public domain. It's fair game for anyone to reference it and use it within media publications.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Quote this, "Eat a dick DT", Nano 2015 (sorry for no harvard style referencing this time).

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say Rebecca Wilson could uplift the quality of her work by copying stuff directly from here

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Atleast we don't have journo's sending messages to forum members asking for scoops.... ;)

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
this reminds me of the loco incident when I posted this.

Loco Loko©
Dear press you are not permitted to use this thank you.
from the daily telecrap

TITLE: Brawling Loko accused after going loco

THE Bulldogs will be under pressure to tear up the
contract of Jacob Loko after a drunken night out
ended in a vicious brawl with Manly winger Jorge
Taufua.
It happens alot. And they know how to legally get around it.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Actually anything written (or typed) on a forum is intellectual property that is covered by copyright laws (by default).

So if I write a thread on here and it is duplicate word for word or plaugurised by the papers, I can make claim to it (or the forum owners can) and push forward with a copyright claim.

In that same way however it's why we ask people not to quote full articles where possible, because a copyright claim could be made against the forum otherwise.
My point is that nothing written on this forum is valuable enough to think that anyone would take a claim seriously.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
My point is that nothing written on this forum is valuable enough to think that anyone would take a claim seriously.
True that... unless you are Tony Adams or the NRL Lurker. :lol:

Atleast we don't have journo's sending messages to forum members asking for scoops.... ;)
*pisses himself laughing*

I remember that... the sheer desperation was hilarious.

He never replied to my PM either :(

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Had anyone seen that **** Rebecca Wilson and the science project Bruce Jenner at the same time? Exactly.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Telegraph wouldn't be copying views I've posted on almost all of their journalists here.
Lol. Would be like those documents during the war years with the big black texta marks through them.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was quoted a couple of years back, once saying Moore had to go and again saying when SBW returns, that I hoped frank Pritchard "breaks him in half and takes a dump on his lifeless body."
Anybody who thinks the newspapers aren't on here is delusional, they probably have accounts.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know they copied someones post regarding the kennels reaction to Rarlene castle , someone posted 'women should be in the kitchen...' as a joke but it was taken in a serious context.

Status
Not open for further replies.