News Daily Telegraph Claims Bulldogs under cap pressure

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clickbait at its best. Our roster will look nothing like that in 2023.

Not to mention they made sure the maths would work whereby it would be impossible for us to field a squad in 2023.

The story should have been on the Cowboys.

Holmes $1mill
Lolo $1mill

Then sign Leuliua for $700k ffs. Not to mention Townsend on $750k when they have Drinkwater and Deardan on their books.

But Sydney people won’t read about them

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
In five years up da shit all over again, anyone exhausted caring yet?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
In five years up da shit all over again, anyone exhausted caring yet?
How are they up to shit all over again? You’re supposed to max out the cap the big difference between now and five years ago is the roster is loaded with talent that can do a lot of damage.

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
While I do not believe a word on that article, Ado carr being on only 50k more than Allan is a disgrace.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
You would think in this day and age and after what happened in 2002, they have done the sums and we wont be breaching any caps. But that will be the claim by other clubs now, that we have to be over. We are shedding a lot too by 2023.

We aren't spending more on the roster, we are getting better players for the same money we were paying poor ones. We got Mahoney for much the same money we were paying Napa for example. We haven't exactly done anything outrageous like throw over a million at a Cleary type player or something lol. We had many players on overs. We are just getting players now who are worth their pay.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
How are they up to shit all over again? You’re supposed to max out the cap the big difference between now and five years ago is the roster is loaded with talent that can do a lot of damage.
Just worried we could end up with an overpaid stale roster similar to what happened the last few years

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Telecrap rubbish and dribble as usual on the dogs. We got Gus and his doing a great job with JK

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just worried we could end up with an overpaid stale roster similar to what happened the last few years
We could also end up with a premiership contending side….

TAS

All In
Reaction score
Wasn't Flanno $400K a year with Chooks paying $100K the first year?
Who really knows mate. You may be right.

All I know is that my mind is at ease knowing we have JK, Gus, and Warbz, as the 3 main leaders of our club and those responsible for the management of our finances and salary cap. They know the mess that we are fighting to come out of so I'm certain they won't put our club back into such a mess.

I trust their smarts and their love of the club, especially JK and Gus, so I am happy knowing that all decisions they make will be in the best interests of the club. What they deem is fair pay for each player is totally up to them.

I'm just loving how the Bulldogs aura seems to have returned so much quicker than many of us thought possible. Buckle up and let's just trust those in charge and enjoy the ride over the next few years and hopefully we return to our status of being a powerhouse club that is consistently fighting for premierships.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
How can the most changed roster in the NRL be stale any time soon for starters? And the players who are coming in, we havent had the calibre of for years. The players the last few years who are going dont compare to who is replacing them. More importantly we have shed a lot of players on way overs, and got some good players on the right money. All we have really done is get better value for our cap money

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
How can the most changed roster in the NRL be stale any time soon for starters? And the players who are coming in, we havent had the calibre of for years. The players the last few years who are going dont compare to who is replacing them. More importantly we have shed a lot of players on way overs, and got some good players on the right money. All we have really done is get better value for our cap money
Say they get undercut offers for 2025 because they bought some other gunna be and split and we left with a talent drain.
Don't say it can't happen it just did.
Just thinking long term that it could be a vicious cycle when clubs go all out buy buy star studded and can't afford to keep star studded on big money for five years in a row.
The arse always falls out, except for the Storm who build people into hero's thank you Craig.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Cotric and Kikau made an extra 50k in the last few days. Bloody geniuses! And Hethro on $450k? Better bloody not be.
Neutral option with hetho and jmk too. Think that means we can free up more from them
If we have to. Wouldn’t mind hetho staying but another ban might change
My mind haha

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Say they get undercut offers for 2025 because they bought some other gunna be and split and we left with a talent drain.
Don't say it can't happen it just did.
Just thinking long term that it could be a vicious cycle when clubs go all out buy buy star studded and can't afford to keep star studded on big money for five years in a row.
The arse always falls out, except for the Storm who build people into hero's thank you Craig.
There is definitely going to be problems somewhere around 2026-2028 if we don’t have a decent Junior base but surely Gus won’t let this happen

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive got a crystal ball in front of me.

I see Gus Gould at Belmore headquarters shaking hands and saying goodbye to 2 blokes by the name of Corey and another bloke by the name of Kyle. He's then ushers them onto the west tigers bus.

Voila "we are now compliant"!