Curtis scott

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Your happy with sucking obviously. Majority of us aren’t. Move along precious.
Id be upset too if we dont sign anyone.
I dont have a record of saying otherwise. You on the other hand in regards to handing in your membership do ;)

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Id be upset too if we dont sign anyone.
I dont have a record of saying otherwise. You on the other hand in regards to handing in your membership do ;)
Aren’t you the nuffie that made some crap up about a poster above bed of Foran?

enough said.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Aren’t you the nuffie that made some crap up about a poster above bed of Foran?

enough said.
Lol nope

That was you that was accused of that by another poster

Nice try but wrong again. What a fool you are.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Lol nope

That was you that was accused of that by another poster

Nice try but wrong again. What a fool you are.
Good story bud. Only fool is you mate. Keep enjoying sucking. Sure your boyfriend loves it!

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I understand some peoples disappointment with our lack of quality signings.
But just hark back to the diabolical mess our previous mentor left us in.
It will take time to correct that abomination. When the books are balanced, players of quality will be recruited.
Just be patient. It wont happen overnight, but it will happen.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Is Sam Ayoub one of the player manager's we are telling to back off buddy we are telling you how much we'll pay for a player...John Howard style.

we will decide who comes to this club and the circumstances in which they come.

You tell 'em Hilly.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I understand some peoples disappointment with our lack of quality signings.
But just hark back to the diabolical mess our previous mentor left us in.
It will take time to correct that abomination. When the books are balanced, players of quality will be recruited.
Just be patient. It wont happen overnight, but it will happen.
That excuse worked for the past couple seasons mate.

It’s done now. We have money. We can’t recruit talent that is wanted by other clubs by the looks of it.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

It’s done now. We have money. We can’t recruit talent that is wanted by other clubs by the looks of it.
You THINK we have this massive amount of money for 2020. I don’t. We won’t be back 100% financially until the 2021 season. That’s a fact, not an excuse. Other issues with Mitchell aside, he’s available now. If we had the money and weren’t concerned about his issues I THINK we would have gone hard for him

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

We are not the only club with money available in 2021, and there is another 15 clubs scouting the best talent when available.

It's not like only Canterbury exist........

Talent wise, there is fuck all talent in the NRL in the most important positions compared to the number of clubs. Example: Roosters and Storm have the best spine players in the game, while the remainder are on par with each other on massive overs - example; Mitchell Moses, Corey Norman, Ben Hunt, Ash Taylor, Nathan Cleary, Moses Mbye, Kieran Foran and so on

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So we need a centre bad and have lots to spend for 2021 so we decide not to chase lattrell arent even in discussions with curtis scott and dont appear to be talking to lomax WAKE THE FUCK UP to our board

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So we need a centre bad and have lots to spend for 2021 so we decide not to chase lattrell arent even in discussions with curtis scott and dont appear to be talking to lomax WAKE THE FUCK UP to our board
Latrell is free from now mate. We obviously can’t spare a million for next season and he’s not going to wait until we can try move some players on again and wait for Foran’s 350k.

How do you know who we haven’t had discussions with? I won’t get into that but you’d be very surprised

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We are not the only club with money available in 2021, and there is another 15 clubs scouting the best talent when available.

It's not like only Canterbury exist........

Talent wise, there is fuck all talent in the NRL in the most important positions compared to the number of clubs. Example: Roosters and Storm have the best spine players in the game, while the remainder are on par with each other on massive overs - example; Mitchell Moses, Corey Norman, Ben Hunt, Ash Taylor, Nathan Cleary, Moses Mbye, Kieran Foran and so on
Exactly right. Every club are chasing those players. Precisely why you can't get any x factors if you won't pay extra for them and put in a competitive bid.

Perfect time to be a player manager...they hold all the aces.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
On what fucken planet do you fork out 1m on a centre? Are you OK upstairs?

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Exactly right. Every club are chasing those players. Precisely why you can't get any x factors if you won't pay extra for them and put in a competitive bid.

Perfect time to be a player manager...they hold all the aces.
The only x factors worth the megabucks are Keary, Tedesco, RTS, Munster and Smith(albeit he is finished)

And yes Player managers are a blight on our game

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Latrell is free from now mate. We obviously can’t spare a million for next season and he’s not going to wait until we can try move some players on again and wait for Foran’s 350k.

How do you know who we haven’t had discussions with? I won’t get into that but you’d be very surprised
Ok ill be generous and give the club the benefit of the doubt and say they are speaking to them all which im doubting but lets say they are,their strike rate is super ordinary and the feeling is they are half asleep

Last edited:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
On what fucken planet do you fork out 1m on a centre? Are you OK upstairs?
So you’re another one of these black and white thinkers on here guess what semi r is just a winger as youd put it but is he only worth $300-$400k hell no he brings alot too a team as does lattrell ,manly has 3 x $1 million players now and soon the cap will be $10.5 mill so having an x factor like lattrell for a mill is no biggie so maybe you need to see if youve got anything upstairs champ and in any case i feel by not signing scott is my biggest issue he should of been our number 1 target as we need a centre bad

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ok ill be generous and give the club the benefit of the doubt and say they are speaking to them all which im doubting but lets say they are,their strike rate is super ordinary and the feeling is they are half asleep
They won’t pay stupid money and don’t want to put us back into the mess we are still trying to get out of. I don’t understand why people think they are sitting on the lounge with their phones off. They have been very active and it will fall into place. People need patience and not to forget why we are in this mess

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
You THINK we have this massive amount of money for 2020. I don’t. We won’t be back 100% financially until the 2021 season. That’s a fact, not an excuse. Other issues with Mitchell aside, he’s available now. If we had the money and weren’t concerned about his issues I THINK we would have gone hard for him
What I think is based on comments made directly by our coach. The actual outcome since. The fact Foran is gone for the year in an international game.

You think we would of gone hard for him. Though we clearly didn’t. According to our ceo we aren’t interested.

I’m sorry mate I know you want to make it sound like we are a wreck because the old board was the devil and that is extremely obvious that the past 2 seasons we have had a shit fight to clean up. Released highly paid players continually. Recruited very little.

Though we can’t go from pay saying 2/3 in Raimen api and Herman. To sign Katoa on minimum surely unless they are hopeless (Britt and Stimson where already signed up) to not being able to afford Scott or lomax or with forans injury money latrell now (granted that’s not money they have at the second though it’s not an if or but, it’s coming).

Anyway I think everyone else made enough comments on this.

Fucking depressing to see Scott talking to raiders, lomax to knights, maybe we can sign burher from retirement ffs to partner Frawley.

Again you can say things will fall in place etc, I don’t have that faith in our mob. I know they have been left a shit fight they had to address. Though it appears they can’t close deals well for any quality player if we are in the mix to begin with, I mean at the rate we are looking like they would struggle to close a door ffs.

Frustration from years of shit, sure. Though it’s just being realistic. The Scott story isn’t a if it’s factual that he’s on the move to raiders by the sound of the quotes from Ricky and Scott’s manger and if we sign leuila it just stinks of a poor signing and being used by other clubs to help them improve while we take their poor contracts and in this case a lazy, almost 30, injury and suspended proned player no doubt on stupid $.

I said in my very first comment on this hopefully it’s just bs rumour linking us though with Scott’s managers and rickys quotes alarm bells have to be ringing.

Last edited:

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All season we heard from all the blowys on here in the know, speaking blowarsery and having know real connections at the club. We are now deep in the off season and the David Holland’s and Cert G’s of the group have all came up with nothing!

No news from the club lately, makes me think something bigger is coming, kinda like the DWZ saga.

It’s a good thing we havnt been linked to Scott, so when we don’t sign him, there is no disappointment.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What I think is based on comments made directly by our coach. The actual outcome since. The fact Foran is gone for the year in an international game.

You think we would of gone hard for him. Though we clearly didn’t. According to our ceo we aren’t interested.

I’m sorry mate I know you want to make it sound like we are a wreck because the old board was the devil and that is extremely obvious that the past 2 seasons we have had a shit fight to clean up. Released highly paid players continually. Recruited very little.

Though we can’t go from pay saying 2/3 in Raimen api and Herman. To sign Katoa on minimum surely unless they are hopeless (Britt and Stimson where already signed up) to not being able to afford Scott or lomax or with forans injury money latrell now (granted that’s not money they have at the second though it’s not an if or but, it’s coming).

Anyway I think everyone else made enough comments on this.

Fucking depressing to see Scott talking to raiders, lomax to knights, maybe we can sign burher from retirement ffs to partner Frawley.
You need to let that comment go mate. It was off the cuff made months ago and have you noticed how we don’t say shit about recruitment. Who knows if the comment was true or to get reporters off our back, throw the scent etc. Remember the other players we were linked to and then got DWZ without the media having a clue?

Even if we wanted 2/3 they all turned us down because we wouldn’t and couldn’t offer them enough money. Doesn’t that make it clear for you we don’t have a spare million kicking around?