Curtis scott

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So now our fanbase is to blame for not attracting sponsors or making better signings? Talk about turning the fanbase into a scapegoat and deflecting any responsibility from those at the club...

Considering the last three years of decline, I think the fanbase have been relatively patient and understanding compared to other clubs fans.

We still get better crowds than most teams. No one boos or rallies or protests or holds banners denouncing people like others clubs fans do. Even the violence or embarrassing acts from a handful of people from years past has stopped completely...

Last edited:

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They should do this.

1.Sign ladbrokes as major sponsor
2.Sign latrell mitchell as marquee
3.Sign Kevin Moore as CEO
4.Sign Ben Anderson as assistant coach for now with the view of taking over head role.
So now our fanbase is to blame for not attracting sponsors or making better signings? Talk about turning the fanbase into a scapegoat and deflecting any responsibility from those at the club...

Considering the last three years of decline, I think the fanbase have been relatively patient and understanding compared to other clubs fans.

We still get better crowds than most teams. No one boos or rallies or protests or holds banners denouncing people like others clubs fans do. Even the violence or embarrassing acts from a handful of people from years past has stopped completely...

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

People trying to deflect to
Cover their agendas? Noooooooooo

Pathetic how bad the excuses and attempts
are becoming!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If any prospective signing ever reads the negative contents posted on the Kennel
by some people, they will switch off and go somewhere else, anywhere else.
Generally, the negative comments have little basis for fact, and come from unsubstantiated sources.
They are just someones silly biased opinion.
And dont think that prospective signings dont read the rubbish posted on the Kennel.
Personally I dont think perspective signing's listen to anything other than the dribble their vulture...oops sorry I meant "Player MANAGER" tells them to hear, and its generally just about HOW much $$$ they will get (after the vultures cut of course...)

They sure wouldnt sign after reading the dribble posted on here. Guess I am mistaken by thinking this was a supporters page.
If your thinking is true and the marque players and sponsors out there are listening...

Lattrel, thanks but no thanks. I think you will go great at the Cowboys.

Resches Brewery, you will be a fantastic sponsor. "Welcome aboard"

Jai Arrow, name your price but please put something together as a 2 for 1 package with Josh Ado Carr and we will throw in high fashion modeling intros for the missus.

Kieren, get your shoulder right mate and thanks for taking a 50% payout because hand on heart, I heard Dessie will cover the rest...

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've said before that I've got my concerns about Pay. Think most people are concerned about whether he's the right man for the job but I think that's only going to be natural as he's new in the job.

Time and again simple questions have been put to you scaremongerers and time and again the simple answers have not been given.

Can you list the players rival clubs have signed since Nov 1. and how many of them have we missed out on?

What other option to Pay was / is there out there? Holbrook? I was behind him being signed but we all do realise we won 7/10 of the last games with him as coach? And the playing group was the tighest it's been for years?

There's no doubt we're in a tough moment, and again no one is arguing that. But if people got over their egos just for a little bit and tried to listen to other people then they may realise what's actually being said. We can't judge the board / Pay on marquee signings etc. when it's only half-way through November and very few players have been signed by rival clubs. If we're still in this predicament in a month or two I think a lot more people will be questioning things, including myself, but until then enough of the self-entitled, I know everything bullshit that seems to be coming from so many mouths.

You don't know more than the average punter just like you didn't know that SBW was coming, nor Holbrook had signed a 3 year deal with the Dogs ....
We all have different opinions about how thing are unfolding.
...I am not criticising Pay I am simply highlighting the problem of a rookie coach attracting marquee players.
...As far as signing players, we simply cannot wait until the end of next season to build the 2021 team as promised, we will miss out on the marquee players, again I am going by what the club and the coach repeatedly told us (the team will be rebuilt for 2021 season), It's not scaremongering when we hold them to their promise.
...I do not have to justify my posts and No one can argue, this is a rumours forum, as for the rumours about Holbrook and SBW I am guilty your honour :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Despite knowing from weeks earlier I didn't not break out the rumours I simply backed them...But reality is a bitch !
One didn't happen...I am assuming had it happened it would have been hypocritical from the board ((Hitler Hasler)) The reason they defeated the old board
Second didn't happen, The obvious unexpected $9ml was way way too great a loss for $BW to right the wrong...Not surprising :confused:
I just hope People stop blindly support any individual.
Only...The Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs !!!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The club said they would enter the market competitively in 2021... I'm just saying there is no need to just buy whoever because we are cashd up again.

It's way more important to build the foundations first before U start decorating.
The club said, they would enter the market competitively for 2021 season.
I agree with you about building the foundations first !!!
Now for the decorating :tonguewink:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So you are saying at the absolute minimum in 1 months time you too will start questioning the predicament we are in?

The predicament of no marquee signings and no major sponsor right?
I am generous...I will do better :grinning:
It's only fair they get till election day in February :tonguewink:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The club said, they would enter the market competitively for 2021 season.
I agree with you about building the foundations first !!!
Now for the decorating :tonguewink:
knit picking... Plus you need to build the walls before you start decorating.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Totally get what you're saying mate, and really respect your posts. We've been behind the club for some time and it's about time we get something in return for this loyalty. Agree completely.

My simple point continually throughout all of this is that we're only half-way through November. There hasn't been a lot of recruitment at any club so far, with a lot of free agents out there for the 2021 season. Our success and our abiltiy to measure that success relies completely whether we sign decent players then our performance on the field.

So we can't really judge the club when it comes to recruitment yet, can we? Isn't it better to wait a month or so so we can at least see whether the big named players will be coming to us or not? Then we can all get together and see where the club is at.

Considering we've been paitient for the last 3 decades as you say you don't think an extra month or two isn't too much to ask?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Totally get what you're saying mate, and really respect your posts. We've been behind the club for some time and it's about time we get something in return for this loyalty. Agree completely.

My simple point continually throughout all of this is that we're only half-way through November. There hasn't been a lot of recruitment at any club so far, with a lot of free agents out there for the 2021 season. Our success and our abiltiy to measure that success relies completely whether we sign decent players then our performance on the field.

So we can't really judge the club when it comes to recruitment yet, can we? Isn't it better to wait a month or so so we can at least see whether the big named players will be coming to us or not? Then we can all get together and see where the club is at.

Considering we've been paitient for the last 3 decades as you say you don't think an extra month or two isn't too much to ask?
It's not too much to ask at all. We don't really have a choice. But the in fighting between our own fans is getting stupid now as we're well and truly in the silly season. Blaming fans for scaring off signings or sponsors is just nonsense though.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks like we might be getting Joey Lelilua.
I fucking hope not. We would be even bigger of a laughing stock spending our money on more washed up players.

I have held off from board bashing, however on face value it appears we cant land, or arent going after any decent players. This is a bit concerning. Maybe its true that players dont want to play for us for some reason.