Curtis scott

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ohh SL, yeah well it's always been below NRL. Use to be a bigger gap IMO back when footy was still rough and tough. Now it's more skill level with several pommie forwards showing us how it's done these days. Although Pommie forwards always had an element of that "hard head" style that I always love. Always say it's good to have atleast 1 pommie forward in your team. Bennett certainly hasn't helped them lol.
Definitely mate. My original point was that Holbrook had a great record there but it’s no where near NRL level

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The question is...Did Pay want that ?
You would think that not many Head Coaches would want a "mentor", even if they need it. Their train of thought would be that it's their job on the line so I do it my way?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The question is...Did Pay want that ?
It doesn’t sound like it. I’m not sure how many coaches would like a forced mentor though. I’ve never coached to that level but if I did I’d seek out my own mentor/s to seek advice and guidance

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Definitely mate. My original point was that Holbrook had a great record there but it’s no where near NRL level
Maybe but he was more experienced then Pay and more successful and it's a higher level then reserve grade NRL or assistant coach. Plus head coach of any franchise would have alot more tasks needed which adds experience.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Maybe but he was more experienced then Pay and more successful and it's a higher level then reserve grade NRL or assistant coach. Plus head coach of any franchise would have alot more tasks needed which adds experience.
Yes and no. Assistant coaches in the NRL are very involved in structures etc.
It wouldn’t have been like replacing Pay with Bellamy. Holbrook is slightly better on paper but in my opinion not enough to start all over again with in the situation we were in. Maybe he didn’t want to come to the club like Madge too?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Plus the other factor could be how is our rookie coach turning out with a rookie front office. We seem very timid at a time when we should be aggressive.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly how it is...
Why were they promoting Ben Anderson as Pay's replacement as early as the first few weeks of 2018 leading Pay to go nuts consequently extending his contract to calm things down !!!
Complete garbage. Is Mr I your inside source?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
May not have been the case horsey, but that's the rumour that came out after their election win , it was spoken about by many members at the lunch and beverage stage of the election proceedings.
It may be utter garbage, but there is history and precedence there with this family in the past.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
May not have been the case horsey, but that's the rumour that came out after their election win , it was spoken about by many members at the lunch and beverage stage of the election proceedings.
It may be utter garbage, but there is history and precedence there with this family in the past.
Was that at the Dib table? Wondered why I missed it :grinning:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You would think that not many Head Coaches would want a "mentor", even if they need it. Their train of thought would be that it's their job on the line so I do it my way?
This is where we went wrong
First Greenturd gets Hitler to full control then he Destroys everything !!!
You know I am right
Why are your sponsors fleeing ???

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm actually ok with Ben Anderson being the next head coach of the bulldogs.
We might just sign some decent marquees and spend some money.
There is an upside to this
Infact can they do it right away
This is where we went wrong
First Greenturd gets Hitler to full control then he Destroys everything !!!

You know I am right

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I love to see Pay succeed But...
Do you believe (no attraction) Pay was and is the answer to our monstrous problem ?
Did you ever ask...Why did they extend his contract ?
Combine our lack of current success, cap issues topped with a rookie coach the results are PROBLEMS !!!
First of all who was available and if someone was why would they risk their coaching reputation coaching our team in our current situation? (literally career suicide). That's why we have Pay and he's done a terrific job considering. Coach is only a problem attracting talent (look who Brown was able to sign at the Knights) because the coach is the first to blame if a team isn't performing (successful). Like I've said 100 times; you need to be able to offer one of two things: 1: money, 2: success. What are we offering? I hate to break it to people but we're going to have to offer money = paying overs. If we want top or emerging talent there is no way around it in our current state. If we want to be competitive for 2021 especially.

Last edited:

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You know I am right
I know that you rant and rave on here and claim to have all these apparent bombshells up your sleeve, but I’m yet to see you produce anything valid.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If titans end up higher on the ladder at the of the 2020 season then we are in dire straits
Well the bookies are predicting us to come second last so it's more likely then what I've been seeing people on here expecting us to go.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm actually ok with Ben Anderson being the next head coach of the bulldogs.
We might just sign some decent marquees and spend some money.
There is an upside to this
Infact can they do it right away
I totally understand why...He has got the credentials to be another Wayne Bennett & Craig Bellamy put together :tonguewink:

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who wants Ben Anderson as coach??

I for one will be voting with my feet, heard he goes alright too..

I am confident we will open the purse strings, and assemble the best team possible.

Promoting from within has worked in the past let's be honest.

Folksie did well so did opes.

I thought Kevin Moore went alright as well, thought he recruited well, maybe we should make him head of recruitment, I'm being serious.
What have we got to lose people??

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm actually serious, give him the gig and let's move forward, move pay sideways.
Let's get the dogs back on the map.
I'm tired of waiting, give the Anderson's what they want, Ben as coach, in return just give us the fans an unreal football team we can idolize
I totally understand why...He has got the credentials to be another Wayne Bennett & Craig Bellamy put together :tonguewink:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know that you rant and rave on here and claim to have all these apparent bombshells up your sleeve, but I’m yet to see you produce anything valid.
At times I post on TK as a warning
As a show of respect I do not reveal my source, It is up to you to believe or not believe !
The funny thing on TK is when I praise the board and administration I get applauded by the same elements that criticize me if I question them over something else, they always come out blindly defending them...wonder why ?