Curtis Scott has agreed terms to a one-year-deal with the Parramatta Eels.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Curtis Scott has reportedly been handed an NRL lifeline after being sacked by the Raiders three months ago.

According to 7NEWS the talented centre has agreed terms to a one-year-deal with the Parramatta Eels.

The 24-year-old’s contract was torn up with two years left to run in the midst of an assault charge.

Scott has pleaded not guilty to assault occasioning actual bodily harm after an alleged incident with a 31-year-old man at a Canberra nightclub on May 30.

While his court case is ongoing, he will reportedly link up with his new teammates as early as next week, adding to the Eels outside-back stocks.

“They’re a smart club, they’ve obviously done their homework, they’ve been presented with his current situation - they’ve picked him up cheaply, let’s not deny that,” Reporter Michelle Bishop told SEN radio on Wednesday morning.

“He went and took a labourer’s job straight up (after his Raiders sacking). He didn’t sit at home and kick stones, he rolled his sleeves up and thought ‘I’ve got to do something with myself’.

“He’s been getting some counselling, some professional help. That’s a process, there’s no end date there, but they’ve given him a lifeline”.

The Raiders dumped Scott in August, after the most recent event stating “prior behaviour and recent assault charge has brought the club into disrepute”.

On Australia Day last year Scott was also accused of assaulting two police officers. Scott was tasered by NSW police and charegd with resisting arrest before the case was eventually thrown out of court.

Scott is a premiership winner and debuted for the Storm in 2017, playing 48 games and scoring 18 tries.

He also played 23 games for the Raiders before his sacking, scoring three tries.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Curtis Scott has reportedly been handed an NRL lifeline after being sacked by the Raiders three months ago.

According to 7NEWS the talented centre has agreed terms to a one-year-deal with the Parramatta Eels.

The 24-year-old’s contract was torn up with two years left to run in the midst of an assault charge.

Scott has pleaded not guilty to assault occasioning actual bodily harm after an alleged incident with a 31-year-old man at a Canberra nightclub on May 30.

While his court case is ongoing, he will reportedly link up with his new teammates as early as next week, adding to the Eels outside-back stocks.

“They’re a smart club, they’ve obviously done their homework, they’ve been presented with his current situation - they’ve picked him up cheaply, let’s not deny that,” Reporter Michelle Bishop told SEN radio on Wednesday morning.

“He went and took a labourer’s job straight up (after his Raiders sacking). He didn’t sit at home and kick stones, he rolled his sleeves up and thought ‘I’ve got to do something with myself’.

“He’s been getting some counselling, some professional help. That’s a process, there’s no end date there, but they’ve given him a lifeline”.

The Raiders dumped Scott in August, after the most recent event stating “prior behaviour and recent assault charge has brought the club into disrepute”.

On Australia Day last year Scott was also accused of assaulting two police officers. Scott was tasered by NSW police and charegd with resisting arrest before the case was eventually thrown out of court.

Scott is a premiership winner and debuted for the Storm in 2017, playing 48 games and scoring 18 tries.

He also played 23 games for the Raiders before his sacking, scoring three tries.

There would be some pretty serious behaviouir clauses in that contract.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There would be some pretty serious behaviouir clauses in that contract.
His court case is still "ongoing" for the charge of; (assault occasioning actual bodily harm) so it's surprising that the NRL has given the all-clear for the contract to be registered, also ParraScum would have picked him up on dead set minimum wage.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How is this **** allowed to play with all of his off field issues? He's an average player anyway. Just gives us more reason to hate Parra.

I can't wait for Schoupp to bait him into some dumb shit. Scott is a loose cannon. The only good thing he's ever done on a footy field was sucker punch Dylan Walker.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How is this **** allowed to play with all of his off field issues? He's an average player anyway. Just gives us more reason to hate Parra.

I can't wait for Schoupp to bait him into some dumb shit. Scott is a loose cannon. The only good thing he's ever done on a footy field was sucker punch Dylan Walker.
The stand down policy only applies for offences carrying a maximum sentence of 11+ years?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The stand down policy only applies for offences carrying a maximum sentence of 11+ years?
I know he's plead not guilty but how many repeat incidents of bashing someone while drunk does he have to have? At least suspend him for several games. Or stand him down from FG til his case is resolved because it's his second or third indiscretion. He should lose the benefit of the doubt.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not too long ago people were critical of our former management team for not signing him. Would have copped it from all angles in the media if we had

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Scott's a decent player on his day but I don't think his attitude is fixable (Bellamy couldn't fix it). He's just done too much stupid stuff. I guess it's up to him to prove everyone wrong.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
WHY would this make ppl hate Parra more..it's kinda funny the signing but I vote zero fucks given.
Will laugh if it goes tits up though...
I rate that young promising centre they have who played finals Penisini, very good defender a key trait in a centre so young.