News Curtis Scott arrested after Moore Park incident

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have to admit when the news first broke at the start of the year I was thinking what a piss head and prejudged.

Fair enough he was drunk that night. Apparently caused some damage to property (did he do something to a bike?). But his arrest was completely unlawful. He was maced and tasered while half passed out and handcuffed. And was not a threat to anyone.

I am always a person who thinks police have it tough and deserve respect. But these cops were absolute pigs and spoil it for the rest. I hope he does sue and these officers are reprimanded because I’m sure the next guy that wasn’t an nrl player would cop the same treatment yet it gets swept under the carpet.

Sad that people we trust with protecting us put us in unnecessary danger like this.

He doesn’t look like such a big dickhead now. Hope he can get back to some form now that this is over.
My nephew and his mates were drunk on his 17th birthday when the cops were called out for a noise complaint. They dragged him out and slammed his head into the Bonnet of their car, then dislocated his thumb while cuffing him. He spent the night locked up before they bothered to find out that he had just turned 17. I try to be respectful of them, but they can be absolute ***** when they want to and typically get away with it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I have to admit when the news first broke at the start of the year I was thinking what a piss head and prejudged.

Fair enough he was drunk that night. Apparently caused some damage to property (did he do something to a bike?). But his arrest was completely unlawful. He was maced and tasered while half passed out and handcuffed. And was not a threat to anyone.

I am always a person who thinks police have it tough and deserve respect. But these cops were absolute pigs and spoil it for the rest. I hope he does sue and these officers are reprimanded because I’m sure the next guy that wasn’t an nrl player would cop the same treatment yet it gets swept under the carpet.

Sad that people we trust with protecting us put us in unnecessary danger like this.

He doesn’t look like such a big dickhead now. Hope he can get back to some form now that this is over.
He is a piss head tbf.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was surreal watching them pulling on his earlobes, is that some tactic they use to give up your hands?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
So much for initial reports, heard he was asleep.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cops spinning shit seems to be on the increase.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another confirmation some NRL players, regardless of the awareness programs, education, advise and re-affirmations of their responsibilities should have tattooed across their low foreheads "Stupid is as stupid does".

Now that my amusement has abated I'm pissed off! The NRL should destroy this prick, and I mean his present and his future. If he assaulted a ref he would be banned for life, assaulting a cop should have the same consequences. Make an example out of him, one that can be highlighted to every new player coming into the code.
Let this be a lesson for you dickhead to stay off your soapbox until the facts come out!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Let this be a lesson for you dickhead to stay off your soapbox until the facts come out!
With respect to your first paragraph, yes, but your second one still stands. Its not like he was was just taking a nap after a hard day at work. Guy still got smashed, and allegedly kicked someone's bike, kicked a taxi and threw a phone at a suzuki (or was it the other way around).

Last edited:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's tactic used to wake drunks.. same with pressure points in neck and shoulders. Ambos use the same technique
and the comments the police made while laughing at him? the punches to the back of the head? all legal tactics too?

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
and the comments the police made while laughing at him? the punches to the back of the head? all legal tactics too?
Well the comments are legal.. just not professional, but before you get your knickers in a knot you should re-read my message and you will see that I haven't condoned the actions of the police and was merely explaining what that one particular tactic was used for.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The squeezing of the earlobes and sternum rub arnt the issue. Thats commom practice by Ambos, Police and firefighters to wake intoxicated people.

Whats the issue is the arrogant behavior, the lack of empathy, the assault by police on Scott, spraying amd tasering him whilst handcuffed on the floor etc etc

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Curtis Scott hit with NRL breach notice for 'bringing game into disrepute' over drunken incident
Jasper Bruce

The NRL has issued Canberra Raiders centre Curtis Scott with a breach notice concerning an incident which took place on Australia Day.
The NRL allege that Scott “brought the game into disrepute and breached the NRL’s policies concerning the consumption of alcohol”.
Bodycam footage released earlier this month showed that, on Australia Day, Scott was arrested after passing out in a Sydney park. A visibly intoxicated Scott was tasered and pepper-sprayed by officers at the scene, despite not having assaulted officers as was initially alleged.
After he appeared in court during September, all charges against Scott were dropped.

The league has proposed that Scott will be fined $15,000. However, the fine will be suspended if Scott agrees to undertake an education and counselling program with the NRL’s Wellbeing & Education Department.

“Our players are role models in the community and must set an example for young people who look up to them,” NRL CEO Andrew Abdo said in a statement.

“In our view, Curtis should not have placed himself in a position where he was found in the state that he was in. That sort of behaviour is not acceptable and impacts on the reputation of our game and our brand.”
Scott will have five days to respond to the breach notice and decide whether or not he will undertake the NRL’s proposed counselling program.

Curtis Scott has found himself embroiled in an ongoing media saga following his arrest on Australia Day. Most recently, images emerged of the injuries sustained by Scott following the incident.
Scott first spoke out about the incident earlier this month, saying he was “bitter”.
“I’d never assault a police officer and that was probably the hardest thing, sitting on that for nine months - knowing you haven’t done what they’ve said - and you’ve got the whole world coming down on your shoulders,” Scott told 7 News.
“Everybody on your back, making out like you’re some monster, cop basher. In the back of my mind, I knew if one of these charges stuck I’d be digging holes for the rest of my life.

“In myself I’m bitter, I’m bitter that everyone kind of just took their side and did not consider my side of the story.”
Despite his arrest, Scott was cleared to play for the 2020 NRL season. He has featured in 13 games for Canberra during his first season at the club, scoring two tries.