News Curtis Scott arrested after Moore Park incident

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe, everyone is aware the NRL are all over the shop with regards to it's stance on punishments. When Mitchell Pearce was done on Australia day humping a dog he was fined $125K and suspended for 8 weeks. Since then the NRL have been a lottery with regards to the severity of the punishments they hand out to players, your Matt Lodge is an example, so is David Fafita when he got nothing for decking a security guard in Bali, NAS threw haymakers and got for 4 games, Sam Burgess had his dick all over social media and got nothing, your players got the rack for the same thing.

It would not be out of left field for the NRL to throw this bloke and his career under a bus given the severity of the charges.
Or do nothing ,depending on Greenburgs present homelife situation

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
if reports are true, I can't see this guy being allowed to remain in the NRL

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He’s in good hands with Danny and there have been allegations about the conduct of police on the night. It will be interesting to see what the CCTV & the cops body cameras show

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe, everyone is aware the NRL are all over the shop with regards to it's stance on punishments. When Mitchell Pearce was done on Australia day humping a dog he was fined $125K and suspended for 8 weeks. Since then the NRL have been a lottery with regards to the severity of the punishments they hand out to players, your Matt Lodge is an example, so is David Fafita when he got nothing for decking a security guard in Bali, NAS threw haymakers and got for 4 games, Sam Burgess had his dick all over social media and got nothing, your players got the rack for the same thing.

It would not be out of left field for the NRL to throw this bloke and his career under a bus given the severity of the charges.
‘the “Punishment “ will be whatever DT believes it should be ... come on mad Monday and Napa , were basically nothing incidents and punishment way over the top , why ? because DT was running more articles than what they wrote about LM finding a club this season.
You honestly think the NRL care what these players do ... they just go by the click bait outrage set up by the media and act accordingly

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s in good hands with Danny
Not any more.

Scott’s legal fight takes fresh twist as he fights to save his NRL future
RAIDERS

Lawyer Danny Eid (left) and NRL player Curtis Scott (centre) leave the Downing Centre Local Court in SydneySource: AAP
Canberra’s Curtis Scott has split with his lawyer ahead of a court case which could have huge ramifications on his playing future.

Danny Eid had been representing Scott, who signed for the Raiders from the Melbourne Storm, but now the centre has chosen to work with Sam Macedone.

Watch the 2020 NRL Nines tournament LIVE & On-Demand on KAYO. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

Outspoken Eid has been critical of how police officials have handled the matter.
The 22-year-old allegedly threw a mobile phone at a car, before allegedly assaulting and resisting police officers among other charges on Australia Day.

Scott, it is claimed, was woken when found sleeping under a tree in Sydney and was tasered after becoming aggressive.

Eid had argued that footage of the alleged incident would exonerate Scott, but claimed that the police would not share the bodycam vision with the NRL, owing to legal reasons.

“I do not understand why, despite the NRL being told of this repeatedly, why they cannot seem to understand our position, but I’m not surprised given the kingdom that they operate in, which often is full of egotistical lunatics,” Eid said.

“In my opinion, they are encouraging me to breach legislation.”

“I am concerned that the NRL essentially is bullying myself and more importantly my client into providing footage which the police have not provided consent to release.”

That posed a problem for the NRL, who wanted to see the vision before adjudicating on whether Scott should be stood down.

Channel Nine’s Danny Weidler wrote on Twitter that NRL CEO Todd Greenberg had seen the vision prior to flying to Perth for the Nines. He wrote: “Todd Greenberg viewed some footage of the Curtis Scott incident yesterday. NRL is waiting for additional vision before making a final determination.”

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not any more.

Scott’s legal fight takes fresh twist as he fights to save his NRL future
RAIDERS

Lawyer Danny Eid (left) and NRL player Curtis Scott (centre) leave the Downing Centre Local Court in SydneySource: AAP
Canberra’s Curtis Scott has split with his lawyer ahead of a court case which could have huge ramifications on his playing future.

Danny Eid had been representing Scott, who signed for the Raiders from the Melbourne Storm, but now the centre has chosen to work with Sam Macedone.

Watch the 2020 NRL Nines tournament LIVE & On-Demand on KAYO. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

Outspoken Eid has been critical of how police officials have handled the matter.
The 22-year-old allegedly threw a mobile phone at a car, before allegedly assaulting and resisting police officers among other charges on Australia Day.

Scott, it is claimed, was woken when found sleeping under a tree in Sydney and was tasered after becoming aggressive.

Eid had argued that footage of the alleged incident would exonerate Scott, but claimed that the police would not share the bodycam vision with the NRL, owing to legal reasons.

“I do not understand why, despite the NRL being told of this repeatedly, why they cannot seem to understand our position, but I’m not surprised given the kingdom that they operate in, which often is full of egotistical lunatics,” Eid said.

“In my opinion, they are encouraging me to breach legislation.”

“I am concerned that the NRL essentially is bullying myself and more importantly my client into providing footage which the police have not provided consent to release.”

That posed a problem for the NRL, who wanted to see the vision before adjudicating on whether Scott should be stood down.

Channel Nine’s Danny Weidler wrote on Twitter that NRL CEO Todd Greenberg had seen the vision prior to flying to Perth for the Nines. He wrote: “Todd Greenberg viewed some footage of the Curtis Scott incident yesterday. NRL is waiting for additional vision before making a final determination.”
I heard that. He wasn’t going to do him any favours in regards to playing anytime soon talking about the NRL & Police in that manner was he haha

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

You've hit the nail on the head here. Punishment is a bit of a lucky dip these days. As has been mentioned by anonymous lurker, the severity of punishment often reflects the amount of bad press the NRL cops over it all. Probably a bit lucky that this didn't happen when League was in the spotlight.

‘the “Punishment “ will be whatever DT believes it should be ... come on mad Monday and Napa , were basically nothing incidents and punishment way over the top , why ? because DT was running more articles than what they wrote about LM finding a club this season.
You honestly think the NRL care what these players do ... they just go by the click bait outrage set up by the media and act accordingly
I think it's a bit symptomatic of the personalities running the game right now. I get the feeling that Greenberg in particular will be harsh if he feels any heat coming his way which is a poor trait for the leadership of a highly public entity.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
You've hit the nail on the head here. Punishment is a bit of a lucky dip these days. As has been mentioned by anonymous lurker, the severity of punishment often reflects the amount of bad press the NRL cops over it all. Probably a bit lucky that this didn't happen when League was in the spotlight.

I think it's a bit symptomatic of the personalities running the game right now. I get the feeling that Greenberg in particular will be harsh if he feels any heat coming his way which is a poor trait for the leadership of a highly public entity.
What your saying is if it's Bulldog related to expect it to be smashed by media and then by Greenberg. That's how it goes right :tongueclosed:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What your saying is if it's Bulldog related to expect it to be smashed by media and then by Greenberg. That's how it goes right :tongueclosed:
I wasn't even referring to that factor. But that's true as well. The media absolutely love us. We sell bad news really well for them.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Scott ought to just consider himself lucky that he didn't make an 'offensive' Instagram post

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Scott ought to just consider himself lucky that he didn't make an 'offensive' Instagram post
I just read for the first time that the cops found him asleep under a tree...so he wasn't initially causing trouble with a call out they were responding to?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I just read for the first time that the cops found him asleep under a tree...so he wasn't initially causing trouble with a call out they were responding to?
I thought he threw his phone at a taxi prior to that though?

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds like the cabbie wouldn't take him home, so he has thrown the phone at it. Then realised he wasn't going anywhere and crashed asleep under the tree. Cabbie calls police...police find him crashed out and try and wake him. (roughly?) and he has lashed out.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If he didn't throw his phone at a cab, he could have ordered an uber like a normal person.