News Curtis Scott arrested after Moore Park incident

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
He didn’t commit grievous bodily harm against them though, it’s only 7 years
He should get life just for that dodgy moustache alone........

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There are reporters at the telecrap crying now because we didn't sign him. I get the opinion that he was released by the Storm because they knew he had behavioral issues off the field. Perhaps they already had to sweep things under the carpet recently. I don't know if the club actually tried to recruit him or not. But we've avoided a huge amount of pre-season drama that having him on our roster would have caused.
Here is a pretty long article which to me is so much like the old Shakespeare saying

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks" a line from the Hamlet. The Queen says it in relation to the play within the play done by Hamlet to prove his uncle had murdered his father.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/09/scotts-personal-issues-behind-storm-axing-and-nrl-concerns/

Melbourne have conceded Curtis Scott's off-field personal issues triggered his deteriorating on-field form and also prompted the NRL Integrity Unit's enquiries into the young star's wellbeing.

Scott was dropped by Craig Bellamy two weeks ago on "form alone" after the club raised concerns with head office earlier in the season over "personal and very private issues" that were affecting the 21-year-old.

Storm CEO Dave Donaghy was assured the Integrity Unit was not investigating Scott in the lead-up to Saturday's Magic Round clash with Parramatta.
Scott's demotion triggered rumblings around the game that he was being offered to rival clubs despite having three years to run on a Storm deal he signed a little more than 12 months ago.

Melbourne are privately and publicly denying shopping Scott around, though NRL.com understands figures close to the young centre believe a move closer to his native Sydney may be in his best interests.

His welfare remains the first priority for the Storm and League Central.

"Curtis had a couple of very personal issues that you would hope would remain private," Bellamy said.

"Having said that, it was reported to the Integrity Unit. But there's never been any investigation, and they told us today that there's no plans for any investigation so we just want to keep it a private matter.

"All our players' welfare is our main concern at all times."

Scott has been named on the Storm's reserves list for the Eels game, having turned out for Sunshine Coast in the Intrust Super Cup last week.

It's been a rapid fall from grace for the Cronulla junior, who was considered a leading contender for a NSW Origin call-up earlier this year after consecutive grand final appearances with Melbourne.

Scott battled a shoulder injury before dubbing his last NRL appearance, against the Roosters marking Latrell Mitchell in round six, as "probably my worst game I've ever played".

"There was a couple of things in Curtis's game that weren't Curtis like," Bellamy said.

"He's got a couple of wonderful traits as a footy player and he wasn't delivering these traits during games and also during the week at training. He probably wasn't where he usually is and not where we expect him to be.

"The reason that he was left out of the side was because of his form.

Bellamy said he had seen a turnaround in Scott at Storm training in the weeks since his demotion, and backed him to return to first grade sooner rather than later.

"For the people that counted it was probably better that he kept playing footy," Bellamy said of keeping the routine of regular game time for Scott.

"There was one week where we thought the week off would do him good. Other than that I think it's better that he keep playing

"These last two weeks he's been really good, his attitude to training. He's started doing the things he's good at again. He's not far away."

Help is available 24/7 for anyone who has mental health issues by calling Lifeline Australia on 13 11 14

"When I make those decisions, he's played in our last couple of grand finals, it's not an easy decision for me because there's always points where over a long term, players have done a good job for you. And he has without a doubt."

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
He didn’t commit grievous bodily harm against them though, it’s only 7 years
Send him the bill for recharging the taser too - you know how much those things cost? Damn...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Haha what are they worth mate?
Actually they've come down a lot in price - not as much as I thought. The gun itself is worth about $700 but is re-usable. The cartridges are not re-usable and worth around $50 each. Still - taxpayers money - I say bill him!

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Actually they've come down a lot in price - not as much as I thought. The gun itself is worth about $700 but is re-usable. The cartridges are not re-usable and worth around $50 each. Still - taxpayers money - I say bill him!
$50 well spent

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Here is a pretty long article which to me is so much like the old Shakespeare saying

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks" a line from the Hamlet. The Queen says it in relation to the play within the play done by Hamlet to prove his uncle had murdered his father.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/09/scotts-personal-issues-behind-storm-axing-and-nrl-concerns/

Melbourne have conceded Curtis Scott's off-field personal issues triggered his deteriorating on-field form and also prompted the NRL Integrity Unit's enquiries into the young star's wellbeing.

Scott was dropped by Craig Bellamy two weeks ago on "form alone" after the club raised concerns with head office earlier in the season over "personal and very private issues" that were affecting the 21-year-old.

Storm CEO Dave Donaghy was assured the Integrity Unit was not investigating Scott in the lead-up to Saturday's Magic Round clash with Parramatta.
Scott's demotion triggered rumblings around the game that he was being offered to rival clubs despite having three years to run on a Storm deal he signed a little more than 12 months ago.

Melbourne are privately and publicly denying shopping Scott around, though NRL.com understands figures close to the young centre believe a move closer to his native Sydney may be in his best interests.

His welfare remains the first priority for the Storm and League Central.

"Curtis had a couple of very personal issues that you would hope would remain private," Bellamy said.

"Having said that, it was reported to the Integrity Unit. But there's never been any investigation, and they told us today that there's no plans for any investigation so we just want to keep it a private matter.

"All our players' welfare is our main concern at all times."

Scott has been named on the Storm's reserves list for the Eels game, having turned out for Sunshine Coast in the Intrust Super Cup last week.

It's been a rapid fall from grace for the Cronulla junior, who was considered a leading contender for a NSW Origin call-up earlier this year after consecutive grand final appearances with Melbourne.

Scott battled a shoulder injury before dubbing his last NRL appearance, against the Roosters marking Latrell Mitchell in round six, as "probably my worst game I've ever played".

"There was a couple of things in Curtis's game that weren't Curtis like," Bellamy said.

"He's got a couple of wonderful traits as a footy player and he wasn't delivering these traits during games and also during the week at training. He probably wasn't where he usually is and not where we expect him to be.

"The reason that he was left out of the side was because of his form.

Bellamy said he had seen a turnaround in Scott at Storm training in the weeks since his demotion, and backed him to return to first grade sooner rather than later.

"For the people that counted it was probably better that he kept playing footy," Bellamy said of keeping the routine of regular game time for Scott.

"There was one week where we thought the week off would do him good. Other than that I think it's better that he keep playing

"These last two weeks he's been really good, his attitude to training. He's started doing the things he's good at again. He's not far away."

Help is available 24/7 for anyone who has mental health issues by calling Lifeline Australia on 13 11 14

"When I make those decisions, he's played in our last couple of grand finals, it's not an easy decision for me because there's always points where over a long term, players have done a good job for you. And he has without a doubt."
It certainly has an aura of deflection in those statements. The simple fact these days is that it's difficult to sack players unless they do something very stupid in a public manner. And if they kept things quiet he still potentially had value if they could arrange a trade for a decent junior

This is all assumption on my part though.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently he’s been on the NRLs radar for a while. Supposedly some shit went down with his ex. The Mole on twitter has been vocal about it. Bullet dodged by the club. Apparently if it all comes out he’s in big strife.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Apparently he’s been on the NRLs radar for a while. Supposedly some shit went down with his ex. The Mole on twitter has been vocal about it. Bullet dodged by the club. Apparently if it all comes out he’s in big strife.
If this is true, it is funny how the NRL pick and choose when to sit on their hands and do nothing about certain misdemeanors when it suits them.
Now Curtis Scott has been cut loose from the protected-species that is Melbourne Storm he will probably feel the full wrath of the NRL. If he was still at Storm Toddy would have just given Mrs Scott a ring and wished them happy trails.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Get wasted, pass out and punch security guards and arrested? - A handful of articles and then nothing

Do a private end of year party, isolated from the public. Physically harm nobody. Isolate yourself so no one sees anything and no one can be offended by anything? Weeks and months of headlines and police charges and NRL sanctions.

Seems fair....

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Get wasted, pass out and punch security guards and arrested? - A handful of articles and then nothing

Do a private end of year party, isolated from the public. Physically harm nobody. Isolate yourself so no one sees anything and no one can be offended by anything? Weeks and months of headlines and police charges and NRL sanctions.

Seems fair....
Yep, Dogs always get made out to be the "bad guys" and we are always made an example of. just look at the fines we have copped over the years not to mention the "size" of some said fines.

And they wonder why the Dogs, and Dogs fans have the "Us vs Them" mentality.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Apparently he started the day with Raiders teammates but by the time he was found by Police he had long since branched off on his own.

Doesn't speak well for team harmony...

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Storm moving on the problem child to Raiders with NRLs blessings...

Reminds me of the Catholic Church moving on pedo priests to a different parish, rather than dealing with the problem.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canberra had to release statement this to the media to tell him he is on leave for the next two weeks.

Hear is the stupid no one from Canberra have been able to contact Cutris because on the night he tried to get a cab but it pass him and dickhead throw his phone smashing and lead to the police encounter.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Another confirmation some NRL players, regardless of the awareness programs, education, advise and re-affirmations of their responsibilities should have tattooed across their low foreheads "Stupid is as stupid does".

Now that my amusement has abated I'm pissed off! The NRL should destroy this prick, and I mean his present and his future. If he assaulted a ref he would be banned for life, assaulting a cop should have the same consequences. Make an example out of him, one that can be highlighted to every new player coming into the code.
hard for the NRL to do that when they have given blokes like matt lodge a pass

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yes i agree how did they ever let that lunatic play again, if one of those punches connected he would have killed that poor ****.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe there was some weird contract loophole that didn't specify location of the incident and it was able to be argued that because it happened overseas the NRL had no authority to sack him.
A guess - but you'd have to think it was a loophole situation because the bloke deserved to be punted.
They definitely need a watertight definition that there can be no ambiguity about.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe, everyone is aware the NRL are all over the shop with regards to it's stance on punishments. When Mitchell Pearce was done on Australia day humping a dog he was fined $125K and suspended for 8 weeks. Since then the NRL have been a lottery with regards to the severity of the punishments they hand out to players, your Matt Lodge is an example, so is David Fafita when he got nothing for decking a security guard in Bali, NAS threw haymakers and got for 4 games, Sam Burgess had his dick all over social media and got nothing, your players got the rack for the same thing.

It would not be out of left field for the NRL to throw this bloke and his career under a bus given the severity of the charges.