News Curtis Scott arrested after Moore Park incident

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...t/news-story/27881415921a249a9f90b5adfc4fae48

The NRL is today dealing with another potential off-season scandal following the overnight arrest of Canberra Raiders’ star recruit Curtis Scott.

Club officials have yet to inform the NRL integrity unit that Scott was locked up in Sydney overnight following an incident with police after a boozy Australia Day celebration.

He is facing charges of resisting arrest after being approached by police in the Moore Park area.

Raiders coach Ricky Stuart was informed of the drama at 9.45am today.

Curtis Scott was arrested overnight near Moore Park. Picture: AAP Image/James Ross
Scott joined the Raiders after being granted an early release by Storm, two years before his contract expired.

It is a blow for the Raiders who released another centre Joey Leilua to the Wests Tigers over the weekend.

The former Melbourne Storm star has spent the long weekend in Sydney catching up with family and old mates.

He also had drama on Saturday night at the Clovelly Hotel where he was searched on the footpath outside the premises in a random police drug check.

He was found to have had nothing in his possession, according to his manager Sam Ayoub.

The Daily Telegraph is awaiting comment from the Raiders and NSW Police.

Curtis Scott in his new Raiders gear. Picture: Canberra Raiders

Only last week Scott spoke in a Fox Sports interview about why he enjoyed playing for a club outside of Sydney.

“(Signing with Canberra) was to stay out of the Sydney rat-race and the Sydney fishbowl,” he said, “It’s a good place to just concentrate on footy and at the moment, that’s the most important thing – apart from my family – that’s going on in my life,”
He’s quoted a few days ago saying “I’m older now and I make better decisions” lmfao what a MOOT!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Should be a couple hiding right now.... I think his overrated anyway and the bullet dodged deserves a standing ovation.
Bullet dodged. Yes. Saying he is overrated is kinda ridiculous, especially because he is better than any of our centres and wing options.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeh I guess those boxes are working wonder for our sponsors... wait.

Raiders seem to be copping it deluxe. Wait...

Yeh Bellamy was really crushed with Nelson’s fight, maybe Bromwich coke? Wait...
I guess the sponsor thing is hard to argue with for us, but I’ll wait till the start of the season to judge.

And with your other points, I think we’d both agree we get viewed through a different lens then other clubs and that’s why I think it was a bullet dodged.

I actually don’t think he’s THAT good anyway...

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can the people on here who slammed the board/coach etc. for not signing this muppet raise your hand/s.

It seems our due diligence is on track...

Guy seems like a Group 1 flog!
yeah and???

I'd still take him in a heartbeat, do you think all footballers are Angel's?

I'm sure everybody's workplace is full of cleanskins...

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah and???

I'd still take him in a heartbeat, do you think all footballers are Angel's?

I'm sure everybody's workplace is full of cleanskins...
I don’t but the bloke had form and wasn’t worth the risk, his actions today just proved it...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bullet dodged. Yes. Saying he is overrated is kinda ridiculous, especially because he is better than any of our centres and wing options.
Ridiculous is a bit much... I don't rate the kid. His a headless chook when he runs even though he runs hard and is awkward as fcuk to tackle because he thrashes about. Apart from that I don't see much in him. His ball handling ain't all that and his defence at times is on par with Okunbor's.

I would honestly prefer to see how Reimis goes and try Harper and co for a season with Hoppa than spend a space on him.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Should be a couple hiding right now.... I think his overrated anyway and the bullet dodged deserves a standing ovation.
People bitch and moan about the way we are going about our recruitment, but I think there is a well thought out plan in place so that we create an atmosphere around this team, where everyone buys in, and the place becomes somewhere players want to come and play. A few dickhead can really easily throw this all off tilt, and that's why we have been so selective with this.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ridiculous is a bit much... I don't rate the kid. His a headless chook when he runs even though he runs hard and is awkward as fcuk to tackle because he thrashes about. Apart from that I don't see much in him. His ball handling ain't all that and his defence at times is on par with Okunbor's.

I would honestly prefer to see how Reimis goes and try Harper and co for a season with Hoppa than spend a space on him.
I wouldn't give up Reimis for the Fox or most outside backs, I don't think we've seen anywhere near the best of Reimis to date. He is big body with speed to burn and the new rule changes will suit him if we can get our halves kicking to him.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn't give up Reimis for the Fox or most outside backs, I don't think we've seen anywhere near the best of Reimis to date. He is big body with speed to burn and the new rule changes will suit him if we can get our halves kicking to him.
I hope they're training to kick two in over the halves with Smith at centre

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't be an issue for us. Dean Pay is a supercoach and there's no way any player would get drunk and do anything stupid under his guidance.
and for those needing a visual representation

images (44).jpeg

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
and for those needing a visual representation

View attachment 12845
Drunk and passed out and look at the sh!t we caught.

Scott is charged with 2 counts of police assault among other things and had to be tazered.

Bit like comparing a slap to the face with Russell Packer stomping on somone's head. Both are violet but not exactly in the same league.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Totally agree. The fox would be great if we desperately needed a winger, but I don't think we do.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drunk and passed out and look at the sh!t we caught.

Scott is charged with 2 counts of police assault among other things and had to be tazered.

Bit like comparing a slap to the face with Russell Packer stomping on somone's head. Both are violet but not exactly in the same league.
pot kettle

Last edited: