1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

News Curtis Scott arrested after Moore Park incident

Discussion in 'Rugby League General' started by jof, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Lov_Dog

Lov_Dog Kennel Enthusiast

I wonder how different the video footage is to Jack Wighton's street fighter impersonation 2 years ago?
    Granted Wighton was not fighting constabulary, and despite that he received 10-match ban and $10K fine.

• Like Like x 1
  2. khan

khan Kennel Enthusiast

He has a tendancy to argue in this manner, very foolish.

3. khan

khan Kennel Enthusiast

Is there a face palm emoji anyone??

Sorry to butt in. Continue to enjoy posting.. lol

4. Docta

Docta Kennel Participant

I think there appears to be a general misunderstanding in relation to how the ‘no fault stand down’ policy works.

When a player is charged with a substantive offence (most serious of offences charged) carrying a maximum of 11 years or more of imprisonment, they are automatically stood down ie De Belin. This is not discretionary.

When the substantive offence is less than 11 years, the NRL has a discretion as to whether to stand that player down. The NRL has indicated when the offence is domestic violence, or includes harm against women, then they will apply this discretion positively.

Although Scott was charged with numerous offences, the substantive offence of (common) assault officer in execution of duty is 5 years

In my view, the fact Scott was charged with a number of offences, plus the offending includes violence against law official should be sufficient for the discretion to stand him down. It goes to his port character and bad look for the game. I’m not sure why he has opted not to, generally the rule doesn’t fall on the strength of the police case, however I would say there is body worn footage and a number of officers (witnesses) present, it sounds like a solid case.

Obviously, Scott has plead not guilty means either he didn’t assault police or raise a self-defence argument (ie police were aggressors and he needed to protect himself).

I am fairly confident police would not have charged had the body worn not have favorited their version of events.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rockford

Rockford Kennel Regular Gilded

I have to wonder given the NRL is allowing him to play, and his lawyer is pretty confident about his chances (Sam Macedone isn't one to play the media is he?) and both have seen the video footage that indeed there isn't much in it?

6. Docta

Docta Kennel Participant

Based on the conduct of Greenberg previously, I would say Greenberg has allowed him to play due to the lack of media attention and controversy the incident has attracted (which Greenberg has been guilty of falling trap to previously).

I am fairly confident the police case would be a a strong one given the incident was captured on body-worn camera.

7. TwinTurbo

TwinTurbo Kennel Enthusiast Gilded

Thank you, finally, someone who interprets the NRL no fault stand down policy in the same way as I do.

Go Dogs

8. The_Chimpster

The_Chimpster Kennel Addict

I understand it, it's still a ridiculously stupid policy though imo