Curtis Rona

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Former Wallaby Curtis Rona is poised to return to rugby league after a bizarre series of events in recent weeks.

Rona came close to signing with Super Rugby franchise Western Force last month before the deal fell through.

The 30-year-old outside back then went missing from his current club, London Irish in Britain, last week, and phone calls from friends and team-mates have been going unanswered.

Sources close to the talented tryscorer have told Wide World of Sports that Rona is keen on a return to the NRL.

Several clubs have been linked to Rona, with the Gold Coast Titans the favourites to gain his services for next season.

Born in New Zealand, Rona burst onto the league scene in spectacular style in 2014.

He played in the North Queensland Cowboys team that won the Auckland Nines, scoring two tries in the final against the Broncos. In the season proper, he managed just seven games, but scored six tries in that time.

The following year he joined the Bulldogs in Sydney, scoring 34 tries in 50 games over two seasons.

In 2017, he switched to the 15-a-side game, ironically with the Force in Perth, winning Wallaby selection that season. After one season there, he moved to the Waratahs in Sydney for two seasons.

Since 2019, he has been playing for London Irish.

Like many English rugby clubs, London Irish are currently in major financial strife.

Would love to have him back but we've got Kiraz and JAC now but he's still a great finisher.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Former Wallaby Curtis Rona is poised to return to rugby league after a bizarre series of events in recent weeks.

Rona came close to signing with Super Rugby franchise Western Force last month before the deal fell through.

The 30-year-old outside back then went missing from his current club, London Irish in Britain, last week, and phone calls from friends and team-mates have been going unanswered.

Sources close to the talented tryscorer have told Wide World of Sports that Rona is keen on a return to the NRL.

Several clubs have been linked to Rona, with the Gold Coast Titans the favourites to gain his services for next season.

Born in New Zealand, Rona burst onto the league scene in spectacular style in 2014.

He played in the North Queensland Cowboys team that won the Auckland Nines, scoring two tries in the final against the Broncos. In the season proper, he managed just seven games, but scored six tries in that time.

The following year he joined the Bulldogs in Sydney, scoring 34 tries in 50 games over two seasons.

In 2017, he switched to the 15-a-side game, ironically with the Force in Perth, winning Wallaby selection that season. After one season there, he moved to the Waratahs in Sydney for two seasons.

Like many English rugby clubs, London Irish are currently in major financial strife.

Would love to have him back but we've got Kiraz and JAC now but he's still a great finisher.
Kiraz and Skelton centres, Foxy and CoRona on the wings

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haven't followed his career or form in union. So I don't know how he's doing physically at 30. But as much as I liked him when he was here, it's probably a step backwards to be signing a 30yo at this stage. I'd hate to see him block the path of an up and comer like Alomati and force them to look elsewhere. And I'm sure he could have made a return in previous years while he trolled our fan base saying it was in the cards. So it's a no from me.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

What is his price ?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just walking out on your current team isn't good. I think time has passed now for him anyway. But as Al said, i haven't been watching his progress in recent years.

Definitely rated him when he played for us and was really disappointed when he left.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s a no from me. Anyone that just walks out and goes radio silent on their club is not someone I want playing for my team personally.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took part of his article from RugbyPaper in UK, and added some of his own spice.

Based all on him not being at training/contactable last week.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe Dean Pay will call him now. That’s what he wanted? He can hook him up with a job on a building site.