Social Media Curtis Rona wanted to come back?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Article on Facebook in the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs News page. First is it true and thoughts on us not taking him?

Australian Wallaby Curtis Rona is set to sign a deal with Rugby club London Irish.

It is understood the 27 year old was very keen to link up with his former club, the Canterbury Bulldogs.

Rona played 50 games for the Bulldogs between 2015 & 2016, scoring 35 tries. This is a very high strike rate & when you consider the Bulldogs are currently struggling to score, it's certainly a strange decision Dean Pay didn't pick up the phone.

Instead he has signed with London Irish Rugby. They compete in Premiership Rugby, the highest level of competition in the UK.

It's unknown if Rona will still pursue an NRL return in the future, but at 27 years of age & with international experience for the Wallabies, clubs would be silly to not show interest.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nah no way just some fabricated rumour some fan would have sent in based on the trolling Rona had engaged in. I believe it was posted on Clarkeys Colum... so yeah fan fed

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
London Irish would be throwing cash at him the salary cap over there is huge

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He commented again on Twitter story about dogs wanting Mitchell.. that's how this story would have come about.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This was originally from Clarkeys nrl column on Facebook he’s mostly legit

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If Rona really wanted to come back he wouldn't have signed with the Waratahs when the force folded

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its twice now in the past 6 months rona has personally posted on Instagram calling for the dogs to approach him. Now maybe it's in jest, however to me it indicates some interest on his behalf.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's a troll

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If Rona really wanted to come back he wouldn't have signed with the Waratahs when the force folded
100% agree, also said this many times but don't get the fascination with him. The first year he was great, the second was very ordinary. I guess the rumours won't die until he retires.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its twice now in the past 6 months rona has personally posted on Instagram calling for the dogs to approach him. Now maybe it's in jest, however to me it indicates some interest on his behalf.
If he wanted to come back, he'd be getting his manager to sort it out. He wouldn't be trying to get the fans to organise the club to contact him.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he wanted to come back, he'd be getting his manager to sort it out. He wouldn't be trying to get the fans to organise the club to contact him.
Maybe so.. but just like when you message an ex girlfriend on social media, what you're really trying to do is score another root, but rather than just come out and ask for it you just dangle the bait and hope they make the move.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should have chased him, one of the best finisher we have had in last 8 years.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People do realise he would have to come back for half the salary hes making.
Same reason he left in first place.
Nothings changed or he would be here already.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
London Irish would be throwing cash at him the salary cap over there is huge
Irish have just been promoted to the top flight so will be on the hunt for players. Salary cap according to Wiki is 7 million pounds + some exclusions. Not sure how many players they have to fit into that.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Irish have just been promoted to the top flight so will be on the hunt for players. Salary cap according to Wiki is 7 million pounds + some exclusions. Not sure how many players they have to fit into that.
It jumped to 9.2 million last year in a attempt to draw players back from top 14 and Japanese comps it was at 5 million had a massive jump a few players going to play back in england

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s trolling for sure. Every **** msgs him on insta and he’s always like yeah get deano to call me. Lol more money in rugby. Good luck to him. Saying that I’d love to have him back!!!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’d love Rona back on the mighty blue and white for sure... however it’s not going too happen..!!