Curtis Rona throws support behind Israel Folau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-...port-behind-israel-folau-20180412-p4z97w.html

'We stand with Israel': Curtis Rona throws support behind Israel Folau

Waratahs and Wallabies winger Curtis Rona has thrown his support behind Israel Folau on a day where the dual international posted another defiant, cryptic message on his Instagram account more than a week after he came under attack for a controversial remark about gay people.

Rona posted an Instagram story on Thursday morning to profess his support for Folau, quoting a passage from the Bible and saying "We stand with #IsraelFolau".

The biblical passage was taken from the Gospel of John in the New Testament: "Jesus answered, 'I am the way the truth and the life no one comes to the father except through me'".

The three-Test Wallaby, who joined the Waratahs this season, is also a devout Christian and looks up to the team's decorated fullback. They share a history in rugby league, with Rona playing for the Cowboys and Bulldogs before returning to rugby with the Western Force last year.

Folau has kept to himself since a meeting with his Rugby Australia and Waratahs bosses on Tuesday where he and his manager, Isaac Moses, met with Raelene Castle and Andrew Hore to talk about his use of social media.

Nothing definitive came from the meeting, in the form of sanctions of dates for future meetings, but Folau's Instagram story picture on Thursday evening could be a sign that he is remaining defiant in the face of intense criticism for saying that god's plan for gay people was "HELL".

Written over the top of a pencil, his message read: "Stand with God no matter what. Don't be afraid to stand up for the truth, even if it means that you will be standing alone".

The words are an indication that Folau won't be silenced or told to filter what he says on social media.

The Folau story is an unwanted distraction for the Waratahs ahead of one of their biggest home games of the season when they face the the Queensland Reds on Saturday.

The blockbuster meeting at the Sydney Cricket Ground serves as a chance for NSW to chalk up four straight wins – something they have not been able to do for almost two years.

While there has been a greater sense of excitement at Waratahs headquarters this week than normal, no player will be more eager to get on the field than halfback Nick Phipps, even if he is coming off the bench.

Phipps, one of the most energetic and exuberant characters at the club, says cleaning out the cobwebs last weekend for Sydney University was the perfect way to get over a “frustrating” calf injury ahead of the local derby.

The Wallabies representative scored three tries in Sydney University’s 36-12 victory over Parramatta and his coach Rob Taylor was suitably impressed.

“Nick showed why he is an international halfback with his comeback performance,” Taylor said. “You wouldn’t have guessed he hasn’t played a game since the Wallaby [European] tour.”

Phipps hasn’t played a match for the Waratahs this season and since his Super Rugby debut in 2011 has been mostly injury-free.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I miss this freak
Do you mean Folau or Rona?

In terms of Folau, well I wasn't a fan of the way he conducted himself at time, ie, he's not joining GWS for the money ($1,500,000 per season) then walks out halfway through his contract), the fact that he lived in Minto in until he was 16, then suddenly is eligible for QLD in Origin, and all the other things, but I respect how stubborn he is when it comes to his faith - something I can relate to.

In terms of Rona... GET HIM BACK HERE!!!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do you mean Folau or Rona?

In terms of Folau, well I wasn't a fan of the way he conducted himself at time, ie, he's not joining GWS for the money ($1,500,000 per season) then walks out halfway through his contract), the fact that he lived in Minto in until he was 16, then suddenly is eligible for QLD in Origin, and all the other things, but I respect how stubborn he is when it comes to his faith - something I can relate to.

In terms of Rona... GET HIM BACK HERE!!!
Rona !!!! Of course.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Boooooooooooooo they should be thrown in jail bloody homophobes lol

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Onya Israel, keep it going, give that dog **** Raelene shit she doesn't have to deal with, dumb **** she is. And yes, bring back Rona!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not religious at all... but used to be Anglican growing up.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the bible also state/teach the importance of acceptance and loving one another??

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the bible also state/teach the importance of acceptance and loving one another??
I don't think he claimed they should be hated or ostracised. He was asked what gods plan for homosexuals is, and he answered per the bible.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i think hell is underrated tbh, like all the whores would be down there and it would be like a cool party

also the devil might be misunderstood, like maybe the reason he got thrown out of heaven was because he heard about god sending in a bear to kill the kids for making fun of the bald guy and he said something to god about it being insane

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
People are making out as if Falou is being persecuted or something. Everyone needs to get a grip.

Israel cares for one thing more than magic underpants - and that's money. He'll eventually do whatever will result in him earning the most income like he has shown throughout his career.

Last edited:

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score

Love one another , not literally as in to guys lol

Wahesh

Reaction score

Yes however I think in terms of Religion, Israel is stating that what these people are doing is condemning themselves to damn nation. It's preaching and probably warning, more than not accepting them.

According to Christianity, engaging in homosexual activity is a sin, however, IT IS NOT A SIN TO BE GAY. You are born gay, you are born innocent. Being gay is NOT your choice, but engaging in homosexual activity IS your choice.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
People are getting angry at him as if he invented the rule. He is allowed to have his religious belief.

And no you aren't born gay.

Wahesh

Reaction score
People are getting angry at him as if he invented the rule. He is allowed to have his religious belief.

And no you aren't born gay.
Well obviously you have no sexual preference as a child, but you don't make a choice on your sexuality when you get older. It's the way you are born. It's not a choice.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Well obviously you have no sexual preference as a child, but you don't make a choice on your sexuality when you get older. It's the way you are born. It's not a choice.
STFU with that garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.