Current trend of the Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back to Back

Waterboy
Reaction score
Do people enjoy the way the game is currently played in the NRL.Apart from the Doggies and the Cowboys and Manly who cannot defend to save themselves but their attack can be brilliant at times, the rest of the teams play very boring football not giving the ball any air.

The Roosters and Panthers have led the way in getting the forwards to hit it up every six and then apply the big boot downfield with a rushing defensive line.Football is only played in the opposition's 30.

I think this is one area that must be looked at.Much of the game is getting rather predictable.Too many one out hit ups and indvidual instincts are becomimg a thing of the past.
Give me a chip and regather or a back line move any day instead of this robotic game we have at the moment.Don't tell me premierships cannot be won with this type of football.Parra 81 to 83,the great Canberra and Brisbane sides and our brilliant current side have done it in style.

A

Anil

Back to Back said:
Do people enjoy the way the game is currently played in the NRL.Apart from the Doggies and the Cowboys and Manly who cannot defend to save themselves but their attack can be brilliant at times, the rest of the teams play very boring football not giving the ball any air.

The Roosters and Panthers have led the way in getting the forwards to hit it up every six and then apply the big boot downfield with a rushing defensive line.Football is only played in the opposition's 30.

I think this is one area that must be looked at.Much of the game is getting rather predictable.Too many one out hit ups and indvidual instincts are becomimg a thing of the past.
Give me a chip and regather or a back line move any day instead of this robotic game we have at the moment.Don't tell me premierships cannot be won with this type of football.Parra 81 to 83,the great Canberra and Brisbane sides and our brilliant current side have done it in style.

Mate, get your hand off it. Bulldogs cannot defend? Manly's attack is brilliant?

Roosters and Panthers led the way? Where did that lead them to? HEAVY defeats at the hands of the PREMIERS.

Back to Back

Waterboy
Reaction score
Tha DoggFather said:
Mate, get your hand off it. Bulldogs cannot defend? Manly's attack is brilliant?

Roosters and Panthers led the way? Where did that lead them to? HEAVY defeats at the hands of the PREMIERS.

Sorry, it was poorly phrased.It is Manly who I think can't defend.What I meant by leading the way is that they play the boring football.

2004 Premiers

what we really need is for referess to clean up the ruck area.

M

MrCharisma

I just think we need to get rid of alot of the video refs power... alot of problems are caused because of video refs plus it shows the game down

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
id say we should go back to 80s in the way how footy use to be back than.

and yes... the video ref does get used more often in games and the ref relys on it too much.

2004 Premiers

i really dont care how we play as long as we keep winning premierships.

lockyer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
but the modern day football defense has become too professional, its becoming more hard to execute backline movements, the exciting football seems to come every now and then, in spurts, when something happens in a spur of the moment..... like the slater origin try...... I DO know what you are talking about 'back to back'......... the memories of the Bronco's in the late 90's comes flashing back....... ah, good times... tough times ahead for the broncs.....

Status
Not open for further replies.