Opinion Current situation regarding the future of Luke Thompson

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes really. It'll depend what the situation is like over there. If he comes here he'll have to take a pay cut. Not sure how you start your sentence with "not really".
Not really with regard to your comment “it depends” as I was replying to you.- it’s fairly obvious that they are in just as bad situation if not worse over there. So a potential pay cut is almost certain here or over there... not sure how you don’t understand that... if he wants to stay for other reasons that’s a different story. But saying it depends.. depends on what? Could you be anymore vague....

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not really with regard to your comment “it depends” as I was replying to you.- it’s fairly obvious that they are in just as bad situation if not worse over there. So a potential pay cut is almost certain here or over there... not sure how you don’t understand that... if he wants to stay for other reasons that’s a different story. But saying it depends.. depends on what? Could you be anymore vague....
Is it exactly the same as over here? The reason why the NRL is in so much trouble is they only started saving money for situations like this over the last few years. Super League shut their competition down without trying to fight against the coronavirus which to me tells me it isn't as bad. I never said there wouldn't be pay cuts in the Super League either tho. You're just making up stuff I never said to suit your agenda. You can't reply "not really" to what I posted and talk about something completely different (moving the goal posts).

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think we will still get him... He's head and shoulders above any middle forward we have.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it exactly the same as over here? The reason why the NRL is in so much trouble is they only started saving money for situations like this over the last few years. Super League shut their competition down without trying to fight against the coronavirus which to me tells me it isn't as bad. I never said there wouldn't be pay cuts in the Super League either tho. You're just making up stuff I never said to suit your agenda. You can't reply "not really" to what I posted and talk about something completely different (moving the goal posts).
What the hell? I got no agenda I come on the forum to keep up to date with bulldogs news. I simply don’t agree with the your original comments which infer he will be deterred coming to the club if he has to take a pay cut. Then you said depends on the situation over there “not really” It’s a similar situation over there that’s my argument and I stand by it. Have a look at bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/51943520 it suggests they could fold without significant government grants.

The fact they pulled up early without a fight against the virus isn’t cause they are in a better financial position they are a lot closer than us to the mass outbreak in Italy etc. plus the international travel restrictions don’t make it possible to continue. I haven’t made anything up I think you are a little bit sensitive there mate. I hope everything is alright at home with you and your family.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What the hell? I got no agenda I come on the forum to keep up to date with bulldogs news. I simply don’t agree with the your original comments which infer he will be deterred coming to the club if he has to take a pay cut. Then you said depends on the situation over there “not really” It’s a similar situation over there that’s my argument and I stand by it. Have a look at bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/51943520 it suggests they could fold without significant government grants.

The fact they pulled up early without a fight against the virus isn’t cause they are in a better financial position they are a lot closer than us to the mass outbreak in Italy etc. plus the international travel restrictions don’t make it possible to continue. I haven’t made anything up I think you are a little bit sensitive there mate. I hope everything is alright at home with you and your family.
"No point (actually suicide on the cap) signing Thompson if he isn't going to take a pay cut. He'd be on absurd money compared to other players in the league. It's already rumoured he is (using the current salary cap)."

That is also to the thread creator.

How can you disagree with that "original comment"... You're just looking for something that wasn't there to argue. You have the problem here mate not me.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why do we have to keep Tolman though? This could be the perfect opportunity to try and pinch some contracted players?
Thats what Im thinking.

I would wait and see what clubs fold and pinch their players. Wouldnt mind a couple of the Manly boys.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
"No point (actually suicide on the cap) signing Thompson if he isn't going to take a pay cut. He'd be on absurd money compared to other players in the league. It's already rumoured he is (using the current salary cap)."

That is also to the thread creator.

How can you disagree with that "original comment"... You're just looking for something that wasn't there to argue. You have the problem here mate not me.
What was my response to that? Something along the lines of take a pay cut here or take one there? I’m of the strong opinion he’ll need to either way. You seem to think “it depends” that’s where the argument was then you said you think the super league is in a better position to the NRL cause they stopped play earlier?? I’m not agreeing with any of that. And I have good reason to. I haven’t made anything up and don’t have an agenda as you suggest. Now saying I got a problem? I chat to people all the time on this forum some agree with some don’t... no problem on my end besides not having footy to watch... what’s your next accusation?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What was my response to that? Something along the lines of take a pay cut here or take one there? I’m of the strong opinion he’ll need to either way. You seem to think “it depends” that’s where the argument was then you said you think the super league is in a better position to the NRL cause they stopped play earlier?? I’m not agreeing with any of that. And I have good reason to. I haven’t made anything up and don’t have an agenda as you suggest. Now saying I got a problem? I chat to people all the time on this forum some agree with some don’t... no problem on my end besides not having footy to watch... what’s your next accusation?
"I simply don’t agree with the your original comments which infer he will be deterred coming to the club if he has to take a pay cut." Please just stop. You made stuff in your head to argue with, I don't know what to tell you.

"I haven’t made anything up I think you are a little bit sensitive there mate. I hope everything is alright at home with you and your family." This is why I said you have a problem btw mate.

You're just a troll (I hope) so keep doing you.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thats what Im thinking.

I would wait and see what clubs fold and pinch their players. Wouldnt mind a couple of the Manly boys.
Tolman looks finished. He has taken another step backwards this year. I don't see him being re-signed under any circumstances (before the season started I thought there was a chance - I haven't liked what I've seen whatsoever).

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
"I simply don’t agree with the your original comments which infer he will be deterred coming to the club if he has to take a pay cut." Please just stop. You made stuff in your head to argue with, I don't know what to tell you.

"I haven’t made anything up I think you are a little bit sensitive there mate. I hope everything is alright at home with you and your family." This is why I said you have a problem btw mate.

You're just a troll (I hope) so keep doing you.
So read what you wrote ... clearly about no point taking him unless he takes a pay cut - something I am saying he’ll have to do either way so that doesn’t worsen our position. Then you suggested the financial situation in the UK could be better than here cause they didn’t fight the virus like the NRL tried to do by carrying on. I have proven you wrong on that. I have been clear on my points and all you have done is comment:
I have agenda
I am making stuff up
I have a problem
I am a troll....

Shows your level of intellect when discussing topics with kennel members and very easy to understand why you have so many arguments on here. You don’t except others points and resort to insults. I genuinely think something appears wrong with you that’s why I wish you all the best and I’m refraining from trading insults even though you have no right to make some of those claims.

I’m going to get back to work and maybe you can get back to predicting the future fair market salaries of all players under the potentially revised salary cap..

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So read what you wrote ... clearly about no point taking him unless he takes a pay cut - something I am saying he’ll have to do either way so that doesn’t worsen our position. Then you suggested the financial situation in the UK could be better than here cause they didn’t fight the virus like the NRL tried to do by carrying on. I have proven you wrong on that. I have been clear on my points and all you have done is comment:
I have agenda
I am making stuff up
I have a problem
I am a troll....

Shows your level intelligent when discussing topics with kennel members and very easy to understand why you have so many arguments on here. You don’t except others points and resort to insults. I genuinely think something appears wrong with you that’s why I wish you all the best and I’m refraining from trading insults even though you have no right to make some of those claims.

I’m going to get back to work and maybe you can get back to predicting the future fair market salaries of all players under the potentially revised salary cap..
"It'll depend what the situation is like over there. If he comes here he has to take a pay cut tho (and it could be up to 40% depending how long the league is out for)."

This is what I wrote and you replied with "not really". You also later said you disagreed with my "original comment". Which is the first one I've quoted.

You haven't proven anything and have made stuff up (that I didn't post) to argue with.

You started the insults too. "I haven’t made anything up I think you are a little bit sensitive there mate. I hope everything is alright at home with you and your family." (obviously you meant more to this than what it actually says, as you clarified later saying, "I genuinely think something appears wrong with you") You resorted to things outside the discussion. Delusional, good day.

Also I'll just throw in I've noticed you over the last couple of weeks pushing the "Disagree" button on things that can't really be disagreed with. Grow up. "I come on the forum to keep up to date with bulldogs news." No you come onto this forum to troll (lets throw in another player salary joke even tho I've been almost spot on with everything - principle related).

Last edited:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
"It'll depend what the situation is like over there. If he comes here he has to take a pay cut tho (and it could be up to 40% depending how long the league is out for)."

This is what I wrote and you replied with "not really".
And I have said a few times when you said “depends what the situation is over there” I pointed out he’s take a pay cut either way. That’s what not really is in reference to. There was actually a fair bit of commentary after that if you can get past not really. You even tried to argue that you think the situation over there is better cause they stopped the comp early which I pointed out that the situation over there is not great, I even gave you a reference. I stand by my point he’d take a pay cut either way which was my very first comment. ... unless he pulls out for other reasons. Whilst I was making my points you were throwing out insults.... why? Got no idea but I’m not biting on that rubbish.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
And I have said a few times when you said “depends what the situation is over there” I pointed out he’s take a pay cut either way. That’s what not really is in reference to. There was actually a fair bit of commentary after that if you can get past not really. You even tried to argue that you think the situation over there is better cause they stopped the comp early which I pointed out that the situation over there is not great, I even gave you a reference. I stand by my point he’d take a pay cut either way which was my very first comment. ... unless he pulls out for other reasons. Whilst I was making my points you were throwing out insults.... why? Got no idea but I’m not biting on that rubbish.
I never said he wouldn't take a pay cut either way. Which is why you're making stuff up. The fact is you can't prove the situations are identical. The Super League closing immediately and the NRL fighting on is massive actually. I didn't throw out insults before you did. Also I added more to my previous post.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

This is what I wrote and you replied with "not really". You also later said you disagreed with my "original comment". Which is the first one I've quoted.

You haven't proven anything and have made stuff up (that I didn't post) to argue with.

You started the insults too. "I haven’t made anything up I think you are a little bit sensitive there mate. I hope everything is alright at home with you and your family." (obviously you meant more to this than what it actually says, as you clarified later saying, "I genuinely think something appears wrong with you") You resorted to things outside the discussion. Delusional, good day.

Also I'll just throw in I've noticed you over the last couple of weeks pushing the "Disagree" button on things that can't really be disagreed with. Grow up. "I come on the forum to keep up to date with bulldogs news." No you come onto this forum to troll (lets throw in another player salary joke even tho I've been almost spot on with everything - principle related).
saying you are being sensitive for your over reacting is an insult now? You have just proven how sensitive you are and you aren’t spot on with much at all. Look at people agreeing with my comments and who agrees with yours? Hardly anyone... calling me delusional you can’t stop with insults. You don’t accept others points that’s a given. Do you still think the financial situation in the UK is better then here cause they stopped the comp early? Piss off with the troll comments I don’t troll anyone I have discussions and occasionally have a laugh with certain people. Now you are trying to deny predicting salaries something you openly do all the time??

I’ll say it again .... he will most likely take a pay cut either way...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
saying you are being sensitive for your over reacting is an insult now? You have just proven how sensitive you are and you aren’t spot on with much at all. Look at people agreeing with my comments and who agrees with yours? Hardly anyone... calling me delusional you can’t stop with insults. You don’t accept others points that’s a given. Do you still think the financial situation in the UK is better then here cause they stopped the comp early? Piss off with the troll comments I don’t troll anyone I have discussions and occasionally have a laugh with certain people. Now you are trying to deny predicting salaries something you openly do all the time??

I’ll say it again .... he will most likely take a pay cut either way...

It depends. If the Super League and NRL have identical pay cuts (or worse for Super League) then I don't think it changes anything.

Now you're saying most likely tho. So why isn't it a certainty now? For exactly what I said.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I never said he wouldn't take a pay cut either way. Which is why you're making stuff up. The fact is you can't prove the situations are identical. The Super League closing immediately and the NRL fighting on is massive actually. I didn't throw out insults before you did. Also I added more to my previous post.
Hang on..you said the super league playing on tells you they are in a better financial position... and I said they are not and gave you a reference... and the whole point is not you saying he would take a pay cut over there. It’s that he will take one either way something you said “depends” I think it’s pretty obvious that he’ll take one there too considering their financial position and he may not even be getting paid his full salary for this year. I never insulted any one you fool I said I hope everything is ok at home cause you were getting all sensitive about the situation that’s not an insult. Saying somebody is making stuff up which they are clearly not is an insult ... calling me a troll and saying I’m not here for the bulldogs that’s an insult when I love the club... smh...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hang on..you said the super league playing on tells you they are in a better financial position... and I said they are not and gave you a reference... and the whole point is not you saying he would take a pay cut over there. It’s that he will take one either way something you said “depends” I think it’s pretty obvious that he’ll take one there too considering their financial position and he may not even be getting paid his full salary for this year. I never insulted any one you fool I said I hope everything is ok at home cause you were getting all sensitive about the situation that’s not an insult. Saying somebody is making stuff up which they are clearly not is an insult ... calling me a troll and saying I’m not here for the bulldogs that’s an insult when I love the club... smh...
"It'll depend what the situation is like over there." That is what I said.

From my last post, "It depends. If the Super League and NRL have identical pay cuts (or worse for Super League) than I don't think it changes anything.".

If this isn't the case than yes coronavirus can get in the way with the Thompson signing.

The NRL not using (saving) it's money wisely/correctly (until the last couple of years) and trying to push on through coronavirus tells me they're worse of than the Super League. Or at least it's a possibility.

I said you're making stuff up in regards to what I said. Not what you said.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We needed to make that signing instead of Napa. He just had a monstrous year the season before. Napa or AFB for 650k? No brainer.
Apparently AFB signed for a lot less than $650k and the Bulldogs did have a crack at him like many other clubs.