Opinion Current roster

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wow, Croft is most definitely not on 700k.
He's shit anyway. Even in a stacked Melbourne side, he looks sub par MOST games.
He's not on 700k, just what I think we'll have to pay to get him out of the Storm. Also not many Halfbacks available so he's probably worth that.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's not on 700k, just what I think we'll have to pay to get him out of the Storm. Also not many Halfbacks available so he's probably worth that.
It would be insane to even think about Croft let alone give him money like that. He struggles surrounded by superstars in a system that makes players look better then they are.

He's an accident waiting to happen for the club that picks him up once he gets shown the door in Melbourne.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
A good builder never blames his tools
A builder's tools aren't alive (and can't make decisions)? Not sure how this is comparable. A lot more factors to consider.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You are only dumping 4.

It proves the roster isn't as bad as others say.

The coaching needs to be fairly assessed not glazed over.
Out of the 30 man roster I am dumping 11 completely and relegating at least 4 to NSW Cup.

Add to that a few young players who will need to get FG experience while getting on-field time with NSW Cup.

As I said I think we need at least 7 experienced and hardened FG players in our top 17.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Out of the 30 man roster I am dumping 11 completely and relegating at least 4 to NSW Cup.

Add to that a few young players who will need to get FG experience while getting on-field time with NSW Cup.

As I said I think we need at least 7 experienced and hardened FG players in our top 17.
Top 30 yes a massive turnover needed. But from the 1-17 I think you had 4? as non negotiable duds....apologies if I got that wrong.

I'm not saying the roster is top class or anything like Top 4 as is. Just that when its individually evaluated, the team only needs 4-7 new players.

Wholesale slashing of the team not required.

The shortfall is the coaching, the fitness, confidence, selections, favourites. Pay isn't getting the players performing to their best ability. JJ a classic example for at least 3 quarters of the season.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Top 30 yes a massive turnover needed. But from the 1-17 I think you had 4? as non negotiable duds....apologies if I got that wrong.

I'm not saying the roster is top class or anything like Top 4 as is. Just that when its individually evaluated, the team only needs 4-7 new players.

Wholesale slashing of the team not required.

The shortfall is the coaching, the fitness, confidence, selections, favourites. Pay isn't getting the players performing to their best ability. JJ a classic example for at least 3 quarters of the season.
I think we have the basis of a strong team but need to supplement what we have with about 7 battle hardened experienced 1st graders.

Thread is about the current roster. I agree with you, to get the best out of our young roster we need a very strong backroom to prepare, condition and teach them every week.