Current board do not deserve another chance (besides Mortimer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How unfair to tarnish all female leadership and link that with the 3 (apparently) poor superiors you experienced.

There was one common denominator however.

Very unfortunate, unfair and ill judged generalisation.
To be fair I targeted only females who don't have a professional degree. I didn't realise she had a university degree

Last edited:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You want to do a bit of research,before you make assumptions,she was ceo of Australian Paralympics 8 years ran organisation at a profit,she runs one of nsw biggest recruitment firms,etc etc,so stop talking crap,get behind them,they been there 4 months
I assumed she got the job off the tails of being the daughter of a former CEO.

I had a look at her past history and she has a degree in commerce and marketing which will make her a better decision maker than Dib

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I assumed she got the job off the tails of being the daughter of a former CEO.

I had a look at her past history and she has a degree in commerce and marketing which will make her a better decision maker than Dib
I'm glad you've put a bit of research and logical perspective into your post...all things being equal and fairly evaluated, Lynne Anderson would be in the Top 3 of suitably qualified Chairs that the Club has ever had.

It is way too early to be bagging any of the new Board. They only commenced duties in February....4 short months ago!

We are looking for miracles but it ain't happening just yet.

We aren't letting any of them....Board, CEO, Coarch, players off the hook ...but ...the improvements won't easily fall into place without a lot more angst and frustration for all of us.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Graeme Hughes (talkin Sport) just pretty much roasted/implicated peponis in this mess..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Graeme Hughes (talkin Sport) just pretty much roasted/implicated peponis in this mess..
And so he should point that out.

Dr G dumped on the Reform Group calling them traitors etc and all the while was just trying to protect his numbers in the NSWRL by endorsing Fib.

Did not care one iota about how the football department had been run or our future.

Shame on Peponis.

Reactions: GDR

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
In fairness though Hughes has taken every chance he has got to take aim at the old board.

But what he doesn't admit is that he hates Peponis... and always wanted his job. He also heavily backed the current board (even before they got elected).

He's more one eyed than a cyclops.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
In fairness though Hughes has taken every chance he has got to take aim at the old board.

But what he doesn't admit is that he hates Peponis... and always wanted his job. He also heavily backed the current board (even before they got elected).

And the vast majority of members and fans agree with Hughes....if not for Turvey being returned, it was an unpredented landslide endorsement for change.

There are a few cyclops' about :grinning:

Dexter35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Why is this situation so important to you?

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

He stated on a lot of occasions that the sacking of his brother Gary,at the time of the Coffs Harbour scandal,was one of the main reasons,for cutting his ties with the club,and that George peponis was must have been aware of the mess at the club,and still put his support behind his mate dib

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm glad you've put a bit of research and logical perspective into your post...all things being equal and fairly evaluated, Lynne Anderson would be in the Top 3 of suitably qualified Chairs that the Club has ever had.

It is way too early to be bagging any of the new Board. They only commenced duties in February....4 short months ago!

We are looking for miracles but it ain't happening just yet.

We aren't letting any of them....Board, CEO, Coarch, players off the hook ...but ...the improvements won't easily fall into place without a lot more angst and frustration for all of us.
Yeah I feel like a dick for assuming she was only appointed to the position because of her ties but tbh I would say that would've added some weight to her application.
What threw me was appointing Raelene Castle as CEO who has no formal credentials and only experience in marketing.
Clearly it was a publicity stunt in improving our image but has spectacularly backfired.

Dexter35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's not... the monkeys at the zoo need to stop flinging poo at each other and instead concentrate on better things. Like winning EVERY fan over.
Why do you need me to see this the same way you do?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I feel like a dick for assuming she was only appointed to the position because of her ties but tbh I would say that would've added some weight to her application.
What threw me was appointing Raelene Castle as CEO who has no formal credentials and only experience in marketing.
Clearly it was a publicity stunt in improving our image but has spectacularly backfired.
She has a B.Comm/Marketing degree from Auckland. You really should read more.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Hughes should of been elected on the board in 2008 when he ran his ticket. If Hughes got on, Bennett would of been coach from 2009 and onwards. Instead ended up at the dragons and got them their first premiership since 1979.

Dib and his men appointed his old school friend Kevin Moore.

Good if he has taken aim at the old board, and so he should.

Hates Peponis? I would too if he sacked my brother for no reason at all. Made Gary to be a scapegoat. Our team was managed well under Gary. This led to Mark Hughes leaving and taking Issac Luke with him.

I still ask people to today, what have the Hughes family done wrong to have been treated the way they have?

The club was run better when we had the old Bulldogs people involved at the club.

Then others left the Terry Lamb family Hill and packed up their drums, put on a tie and decided to try running the club. It didn't work. Now we're back to square one.

Last edited:

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hughes should of been elected on the board in 2008 when he ran his ticket. If Hughes got on, Bennett would of been coach from 2009 and onwards. Instead ended up at the dragons and got them their first premiership since 1979.

That idiot Dib and his cronies appointed Kevin Moore.

Good if he has taken aim at the old board, and so he should.

Hates Peponis? I would too if he sacked my brother for no reason at all. Made Gary to be a scapegoat. Our team was managed well under Gary. This led to Mark Hughes leaving and taking Issac Luke with him.

I still ask people to today, what have the Hughes family done wrong to have been treated the way they have?

The club was run better when we had the old Bulldogs people involved at the club.

Then others left the Terry Lamb family Hill and packed up their drums, put on a tie and decided to try running the club. It didn't work. Now we're back to square one.
Well if you are attributing Garry to the recruitment of the side that was in Coffs then he was responsible for assembling both a premiership winning team and the biggest mob of grubs the club has had in one lump. That group collectively did win us a comp but what they did individually after that was a disgrace to us.

Someone had to be stood down so the Coffs story could have some of the heat taken out of it. It wasn't just Hughes, it was Noad and Price as well who went that year. Hughes was just the first. But what happened to the rest of the hughes clan was on them. They walked away from us, we didn't desert them.

We currently have a board that is chock full of former players and we always have had. Even Dib played in our junior grades. That's not the issue.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
All good ..apart from your blind Ennis love, you've always seemed fair minded in the past ;)..there's no easy fix to our problems...it's beyond frustrating hey but we'll hang in there.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well if you are attributing Garry to the recruitment of the side that was in Coffs then he was responsible for assembling both a premiership winning team and the biggest mob of grubs the club has had in one lump. That group collectively did win us a comp but what they did individually after that was a disgrace to us.

Someone had to be stood down so the Coffs story could have some of the heat taken out of it. It wasn't just Hughes, it was Noad and Price as well who went that year. Hughes was just the first. But what happened to the rest of the hughes clan was on them. They walked away from us, we didn't desert them.

We currently have a board that is chock full of former players and we always have had. Even Dib played in our junior grades. That's not the issue.
To take the heat off??? What planet are you on mate, they didn’t do anything wrong, every one of those players were found to be innocent. Gary didn’t do anything wrong mate, he copped a dick from Peponis. The Hughes family walked away from the club because they were betrayed. Love them or hate them let’s call a spade a spade! Every since we won that comp until early this year the club has been run by monkeys with their own agendas! I’m sick and tired of individuals who treat our club like shit. The club belongs to the fans, members and the wider community as a whole, and any administrator who doesn’t have the best interest of our club at heart can get lost.

Ok let’s talk about Dib as well. Yes he played lower grades at Canterbury, big deal, so have a lot of my mates, cousins, ex school buddies etc. He only got on that board because once upon a time we used to have 50-100 voting members in the days of Bullfrog, the club was run smoothly by real Canterbury people and everything was kept in house between four walls, now we have over a thousand voting members where Dib exploited to get all his followers on there and shore up his votes and got on the board. He wouldn’t of stood a chance back in the old days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.