Current board do not deserve another chance (besides Mortimer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol I'll say this at a football level Des hasler should never have been re signed and Ray Dib will have to have to live with that mistake for the rest of his life and castle she stuffed things up on a football level big time. On a business level the previous board didn't fail, bulldogs were one of the best run clubs in the Nrl. Anderson has won fair and square and she has the opportunity to show us fans that she and the board including Hill will bring this club back at its best. Us bulldogs fans we're behind her!

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol I'll say this at a football level Des hasler should never have been re signed and Ray Dib will have to have to live with that mistake for the rest of his life and castle she stuffed things up on a football level big time. On a business level the previous board didn't fail, bulldogs were one of the best run clubs in the Nrl. Anderson has won fair and square and she has the opportunity to show us fans that she and the board including Hill will bring this club back at its best. Us bulldogs fans we're behind her!
If we were one of the best run clubs why are we in the crap we are in now?

On a business level?..........Our business is football.

If we are successful on the field, sponsors will line up to give us their money.

We have one of the biggest supporter bases in the comp and better ratings on TV than most. It is a no-brainer for businesses. Our sponsors get greater exposure than just about any other club.

Successful Club + supporter base + TV ratings = $$$$$$$$$$$$

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

If we are successful on the field, sponsors will line up to give us their money.

We have one of the biggest supporter bases in the comp and better ratings on TV than most. It is a no-brainer for businesses. Our sponsors get greater exposure than just about any other club.

I’ve been saying that to everyone I know, they keep telling me Dib had all the sponsors, I say win on the footy field and the sponsors will come flooding in. We’re in the business of winning games, not joint ventures in big construction businesses.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Love what you did there. Start off stating you aren't sexist and then continue on to prove that you are...........................The very definition of oxymoron
I'm observational, I make predictions on the most likely outcome based on historic data from my own observations and instinct.
I'm very good at predicting stuff ... See my thread on predictions for 2018.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I think you're living in the past. People are fickle, we may have had the biggest fan base at one stage but not anymore.
Half the kids I knew in 2012 who supported the dogs have moved on to support rabbitohs, sharks and roosters and also the dragons .
If we don't start building a cool reputation with kids the fan base will die.
You can't rely on past history to build a fan base

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
A picture is worth a thousand words.

I'll let you figure out who is who and what is what on this one.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I'm not sexist, just observational ,not once have I seen any improvements with a female ,who doesn't have a profession , in charge of people, only changes that result in poor morale amongst staff.
If Kim Anderson was a doctor, lawyer, engineer or even a dentist then we'd be in good hands but she isn't and the sad truth is her hormones will start guiding her decisions .
Soon it will feel like high school all over again.
It will be like a dictatorship causing w
resentment , antagonism and generally bad morale.
her hormones have probably already dried up so i think that is not going to be an issue but most importantly is we can only improve so your bullshit theory is definitely going to get crushed, learn to pick your battles tbh

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
her hormones have probably already dried up so i think that is not going to be an issue but most importantly is we can only improve so your bullshit theory is definitely going to get crushed, learn to pick your battles tbh
Why so angry? You seem hormonal

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Why so angry? You seem hormonal
no i just dont like people talking shit, if thats hormonal then i dont want to be unhormonal

also the lady you talk about has grown up with the club and has cared about it for about 50 years because her father, brother, husband, brother in law were key men in all aspects, like she has probably forgot more things about football than you have observed

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
no i just dont like people talking shit, if thats hormonal then i dont want to be unhormonal

also the lady you talk about has grown up with the club and has cared about it for about 50 years because her father, brother, husband, brother in law were key men in all aspects, like she has probably forgot more things about football than you have observed
With all due respect to her strong ties to the club it doesn't make her necessarily the right person for the job. I was under the impression that the club belonged to its members who also have vested interests in the club in different or even the same capacities.
You seem to be comparing the running of the club in the same way the royal family own and run Buckingham Palace. Nepotism is not an impartial and fair platform to run a business, it gives rise to corruption and exclusion.
I've had 3 female managers who've all been terminated in spectacular fashion due to their unfair work practises but before they were moved on they all left the workplace with shocking morale and all because they deployed irrational and desperate decisions.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
With all due respect to her strong ties to the club it doesn't make her necessarily the right person for the job. I was under the impression that the club belonged to its members who also have vested interests in the club in different or even the same capacities.
You seem to be comparing the running of the club in the same way the royal family own and run Buckingham Palace. Nepotism is not an impartial and fair platform to run a business, it gives rise to corruption and exclusion.
I've had 3 female managers who've all been terminated in spectacular fashion due to their unfair work practises but before they were moved on they all left the workplace with shocking morale and all because they deployed irrational and desperate decisions.
it might make her the right person for the job, weve had a decade of trying to perform like a business and what happened was everybody was desperate to produce short term results and put their stamp so that they could move onto a bigger job or to continue to use the club as the cash cow, it sounds compatible with the clubs interests but it leads to wrong moves

exhibit A: club greenberg going crazy with spending and giving hasler the complete control then nrl greenberg saying that clubs need to reign in spending for long term sustainability, conclusion is club greenberg knew overspending was bad for the club but he wanted to be nrl ceo and eventually ruler of the world so he went for it

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think you're living in the past. People are fickle, we may have had the biggest fan base at one stage but not anymore.
Half the kids I knew in 2012 who supported the dogs have moved on to support rabbitohs, sharks and roosters and also the dragons .
If we don't start building a cool reputation with kids the fan base will die.
You can't rely on past history to build a fan base
And the only way to get them back is to be the best on the field.

Our business is football............How is that living in the past?

Have we changed to a different sport and I didn't notice?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm observational, I make predictions on the most likely outcome based on historic data from my own observations and instinct.
I'm very good at predicting stuff ... See my thread on predictions for 2018.
You forgot modest.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
it might make her the right person for the job, weve had a decade of trying to perform like a business and what happened was everybody was desperate to produce short term results and put their stamp so that they could move onto a bigger job or to continue to use the club as the cash cow, it sounds compatible with the clubs interests but it leads to wrong moves

exhibit A: club greenberg going crazy with spending and giving hasler the complete control then nrl greenberg saying that clubs need to reign in spending for long term sustainability, conclusion is club greenberg knew overspending was bad for the club but he wanted to be nrl ceo and eventually ruler of the world so he went for it
Nobody cares about the CEO they're meant to be there just to keep the organisation fair. Make sure everyone is doing their jobs and making 'decisions' when needed to keep the place honest.
I can see your point with having a long term fan and relative of past legends being in charge of keeping the place honest however and again I'm not being sexist but when things start going hairy and there is no professional background training to draw techniques and resolution methods from women tend to manage issues like they manage children .

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Nobody cares about the CEO they're meant to be there just so to keep the organisation fair. Make sure everyone is doing their jobs and making 'decisions' when needed to keep the place honest.
I can see your point with having a long term fan and relative of past legends being in charge of keeping the place honest however and again I'm not being sexist but when things start going hairy and there is no professional background training to draw techniques and resolution methods from women tend to manage issues like they manage children .
How unfair to tarnish all female leadership and link that with the 3 (apparently) poor superiors you experienced.

There was one common denominator however.

Very unfortunate, unfair and ill judged generalisation.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sexist, just observational ,not once have I seen any improvements with a female ,who doesn't have a profession , in charge of people, only changes that result in poor morale amongst staff.
If Kim Anderson was a doctor, lawyer, engineer or even a dentist then we'd be in good hands but she isn't and the sad truth is her hormones will start guiding her decisions .
Soon it will feel like high school all over again.
It will be like a dictatorship causing w
resentment , antagonism and generally bad morale.
You want to do a bit of research,before you make assumptions,she was ceo of Australian Paralympics 8 years ran organisation at a profit,she runs one of nsw biggest recruitment firms,etc etc,so stop talking crap,get behind them,they been there 4 months

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I just got told some very inside information. The board has told Pay they aren't happy and have asked what his plans are moving forward. Pay responded with
  • Creating an entire Bulldogs team with Bulldogs DNA
  • Only signing players who have Bulldogs for pets
  • Favourite colour is blue is and white (Dean likes to say Blue and White are one colour)
  • Only singing players who where born in the 80's when we dominated
  • Players must have worked on a farm at some stage in their life
  • Be punted from other clubs cause they are shit but are good kids
  • Have madness
  • Hand wash their training gear
If that's Pay's succession plan I really hope it works out for us in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.